or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › June 2006 Mamas - It's October!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

June 2006 Mamas - It's October! - Page 3

post #41 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
I'm wondering if getting Sydney adjusted would help with her eating? She hardly eats (as I've mentioned before) and basically gets cranky the minute i put her in her chair. Does anyone know or have an opinion?
Regular adjusting helped my very slow weight gain ds1,within an hr of adjustment he ate me out of house and home. : It was crazy,it made dh a beliver.( he's a mainstreamer) and he don't trust anything.

MDC is twisting my ways for the better daily.
post #42 of 208
Thread Starter 
Echo Echo Echo


Anybody out there?
post #43 of 208
nope


all gone.
post #44 of 208
My kid likes marinated artichoke hearts. That's almost a vegetable, right? She also likes to walk backward, and pick apples up from under the tree and put them in the wagon. Feeds the fish every day, and gives the dog a cookie most mornings. Er. Throws a cookie at the dog. Wouldn't want to let the dog actually touch her.

Still only says "thank you" and "here you go". "good girl" has been traded for "Kah" and "Doh".
post #45 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
Regular adjusting helped my very slow weight gain ds1,within an hr of adjustment he ate me out of house and home. : It was crazy,it made dh a beliver.( he's a mainstreamer) and he don't trust anything.

MDC is twisting my ways for the better daily.
Ahhh! Thanks for the answer!! I wasn't sure any one had noticed my post. Did you take ds1 for adjustments regularly after the first apt. or what? It might be to late to get up in before we leave but I could always check.

Is there any specific criteria for making sure a chiro know how to work with small ones?
post #46 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Ahhh! Thanks for the answer!! I wasn't sure any one had noticed my post. Did you take ds1 for adjustments regularly after the first apt. or what? It might be to late to get up in before we leave but I could always check.

Is there any specific criteria for making sure a chiro know how to work with small ones?
I would check on http://www.icpa4kids.com. The website locates chiropractors who adjust children and babies (the whole family) and according to one of the board members, tend to be a little more holistic in general. The chiropractor we see now was found on icpa and he is a huge fan of mothering magazine...he actually makes a point to promote it in the first consultation appointment. Oh, and I get adjusted 3x a week for now, at least, and ds gets adjusted usually every monday while I'm still lying down and he's sitting atop me. Its nice, the chiro really let him warm up to him for a while at first before actually touching him...So, thats all my advice. I'm sure Korin has some advice for you as well. Good luck, I think it would only help!
post #47 of 208
: I treat kids, Kari.
post #48 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
: I treat kids, Kari.
Sorry! I'm not thinking!

We can talk tomorrow. I'm sure you're full of wisdom!
post #49 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tatum View Post
I would check on http://www.icpa4kids.com. ...... Good luck, I think it would only help!
Thanks! (I don't know how to post multiple quotes)


And, Sydney is STILL on a no-cry-before-I-nap-or-go-to-bed trend. I wish I knew why, so i could write a book

my family (what's left of it anyways) was in Pasco this weekend, on a whim i tried earths best green beans and rice, Sydney LOVED it. I was shocked. She usually doesn't like jared food, just spits it out. (I don't really blame her, but on the run, it would be nice for those times I don't have time to make something). She never ceases to amaze me
post #50 of 208
Hi mamas! Still have to go back and catch up on the Sept. thread, but found this one and wanted to pop in...sorry to the kids hurting themselves (I can relate - Andrew walks around on any given day with a row of lumps and bruises across his head from his "adventures"!) and getting stung (I am scared of bees myself, and they are so aggressive this time of year!) And hi to pleasantstreets, welcome! You sound like a such a dedicated mama for trying so hard to bf and doing what you could for so long - I can't remember the name of your condition but I should know it....oh wait, I think it's mammary hypoplasia maybe? That could be wrong....I am tired today

We had so much fun yesterday - we went to a Maize Maze, which I've never done before! There's this enormous corn field and it's a regional attraction, each autumn they carve a different picture into the corn (this year was a pirate ship) and it's a life-size maze, you start on one end have to get to the other end without getting lost, along the way finding hidden treasure posts to collect the pieces of the puzzle that will make up the aerial view of the field so you can see the pirate ship. Then there's a corn slide for the kids and other fun stuff when you're finished - if you don't get lost! They say it takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to find your way through. We had a blast! Did it with 2 other families and it was great - I'll have to post some pics!

We had a few months where Andrew was nursing all night, which was driving me nuts, but now in the past few weeks he's gotten better - only waking up a couple of times a night, usually. I'm sure that will change again at some point For now though, it was enough to finally bring back my cycle! I got my first PPAF this past week - which I am very happy about because it's one step closer to being able to ttc again! (I say one step closer because I don't think I'm actually ovulating yet....at least now I can start charting something though!)

I love autum, my favorite season!! As Sarah said though, it's waaaay too hot here in the NE!! I want some cool, crisp, fall weather!
post #51 of 208
Oh, forgot to ask: who is still babywearing? What carrier(s) are you using now, particularly those with heavier toddlers? Andrew is like 28 or 29 lbs., sometimes likes to walk/ride in a stroller but other times wants to be in the sling. He gets really heavy on the front and I find the hip carry gets in the way a lot....yesterday in the corn maze I was soooo wishing I had a back carrier! I have a Didy I could use on my back, but I find it hard to get him into it. I was thinking of getting a Beco or an Ergo - any of you still using those? Which of them would you mamas recommend?
post #52 of 208
I still wear Kait daily on my back in the Beco. Sometimes she'll go in the Maya pouch in a hip carry, but likes the back carry better. And so do I, cause it's completely hands free...the Beco was spendy but worth every penny cause I've used it every day for at least an hour (and someties up to 4 o 5) since she was 6 months old. She even falls asleep in it sometiems still. I think it goes up to 35 pounds. Kait's probably about 25, 26 now.
post #53 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Oh, forgot to ask: who is still babywearing? What carrier(s) are you using now, particularly those with heavier toddlers? Andrew is like 28 or 29 lbs., sometimes likes to walk/ride in a stroller but other times wants to be in the sling. He gets really heavy on the front and I find the hip carry gets in the way a lot....yesterday in the corn maze I was soooo wishing I had a back carrier! I have a Didy I could use on my back, but I find it hard to get him into it. I was thinking of getting a Beco or an Ergo - any of you still using those? Which of them would you mamas recommend?
how about the mei tai? That's what we use and love the back carry now. We can still do hip carry in the Kangaroo korner adj. pouch cause ds is not quite 19 lbs. But, I am trying to do a high back carry in the mei tai so he can see over me, yk?
post #54 of 208
I use a beco like carrier that Jes made me. and um.. I LOVE IT. Front or back carry, it's super comfy and very pretty. she should sell them
post #55 of 208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
nope


all gone.
figures. smarta$$ :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Hi mamas! Still have to go back and catch up on the Sept. thread, but found this one and wanted to pop in...sorry to the kids hurting themselves (I can relate - Andrew walks around on any given day with a row of lumps and bruises across his head from his "adventures"!) and getting stung (I am scared of bees myself, and they are so aggressive this time of year!) And hi to pleasantstreets, welcome! You sound like a such a dedicated mama for trying so hard to bf and doing what you could for so long - I can't remember the name of your condition but I should know it....oh wait, I think it's mammary hypoplasia maybe? That could be wrong....I am tired today

We had so much fun yesterday - we went to a Maize Maze, which I've never done before! There's this enormous corn field and it's a regional attraction, each autumn they carve a different picture into the corn (this year was a pirate ship) and it's a life-size maze, you start on one end have to get to the other end without getting lost, along the way finding hidden treasure posts to collect the pieces of the puzzle that will make up the aerial view of the field so you can see the pirate ship. Then there's a corn slide for the kids and other fun stuff when you're finished - if you don't get lost! They say it takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to find your way through. We had a blast! Did it with 2 other families and it was great - I'll have to post some pics!

We had a few months where Andrew was nursing all night, which was driving me nuts, but now in the past few weeks he's gotten better - only waking up a couple of times a night, usually. I'm sure that will change again at some point For now though, it was enough to finally bring back my cycle! I got my first PPAF this past week - which I am very happy about because it's one step closer to being able to ttc again! (I say one step closer because I don't think I'm actually ovulating yet....at least now I can start charting something though!)

I love autum, my favorite season!! As Sarah said though, it's waaaay too hot here in the NE!! I want some cool, crisp, fall weather!
Sounds like a blast!

And seriously, it was 89 here today. HELLO? IT'S OCTOBER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Oh, forgot to ask: who is still babywearing? What carrier(s) are you using now, particularly those with heavier toddlers? Andrew is like 28 or 29 lbs., sometimes likes to walk/ride in a stroller but other times wants to be in the sling. He gets really heavy on the front and I find the hip carry gets in the way a lot....yesterday in the corn maze I was soooo wishing I had a back carrier! I have a Didy I could use on my back, but I find it hard to get him into it. I was thinking of getting a Beco or an Ergo - any of you still using those? Which of them would you mamas recommend?
I had been using a MT for S2 (she's only about 22#) but just bought an Onbu and it should be here any day. I'll take pics when I can and post. I've loved the MT, but the waist strap bugs me.

I tried a Beco and an Ergo at the latest NINO meeting, and preferred the Beco, but it was a tad uncomfortable for a larger frame. And the chest straps are a no-go when you're chest is 47 1/2#. So not comfy.
post #56 of 208
We babywear very sporadically. She prefers to walk, and I'm seldom in a place where I can't let her. I was carrying her at the farmers' market, but that's done now. We use the wrap most of all. I also have an Onbu that I made that we use a fair bit. Used it tons for airports and whatnot when K & I went to Oregon.
post #57 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
Used it tons for airports and whatnot when K & I went to Oregon.
How was your trip??

About babywearing: Sydney is 21lbs, not very heavy, but i wear her everywhere (I think she's heavy enough!) We use en ergo, I like it, but the small of my back is getting tired. Is this normal when one babywears a lot?


Bundlefishmamma: Those maze's are sooo much fun! I went through one on sauvie Island outside of Portland. Thanks for reminding me to go there again
post #58 of 208
That corn maze sounds like fun! I've always wanted to go, and I think next year, when he's 2.5, might be a good time to try it... but maybe this year would be good too! After all, it really doesn't take much to amuse him at this point, and wandering through the corn wuold probably have him in stitches all day!

Abotu the babywearing - we very rarely carry him anymore, but like others said, it's not so much his weight but just that he likes to walk so much! Also, I guess to some extent we don't go all that many places! We do have an umbrella stroller we take when we go somewhere "big", like MinuteMan park or something, but we tend to just use that for our stuff! And we've always got the Kangaroo Korner adjustable for if he wants to be carried more than my back can do alone... DP also has a mei tai, though she doesn't use it often (never really got the bug for it, but appreciates it for those occasional "touristy" days where we're walking, walking, walking...) I was glad when I popped Stuart into the pouch and he still accepted it and seeme dto enjoy it, since it's SO much easier on my back for those days when he just must be held, but for the most part, he's all about the walking!

So - what are your LOs dressing up as for Halloween? We got a puppy dog costume that is SO cute, but it was torture picking from all the other cute outfits! What did you choose? And are you going trick-or-treating? We'll probably just go up and down the block to say hi to the neighbors, and then give out candy on our porch...
post #59 of 208
K is being a Monkey

And, I have to tell you ladies (even though he's not from this DDC) that DS is going to be this guy - yes, I'm serious - he asked to be the 'dancing banana guy', so I bought him a banana costume, and am going to turn him into the dancing banana with some styrofoam ball eyes and some red felt for a mouth, and make him some white maracas out of 2 more styrofoam balls. My kid is a RIOT.
post #60 of 208
: dancing banana guy. Do you think you spend too much time on MDC when that is what your kid wants to be for Halloween? :

Ruby is going to be a cow. now I jsut need to make the costume. I'll be a dairy farmer. but I won't be covered in poop. I hope.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › June 2006 Mamas - It's October!