I used up 3 of my 5 cans of coconut milk last night, but with another backfiring effect: the chicken curry w/ coconut rice I made was delish (even dh thought so, and he's not keen on trying new recipes), and will now be joining the regular meal rotation.
: Good thing I can get it for 25 cents/can at the discount grocery. LOL
If anybody's interested, here's the recipe I used: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Coconut...ce/Detail.aspx
with these modifications:
* increased servings from 1 to 6 (LOTS of leftovers, for today's lunches and then some)
* cooked the rice in my rice cooker -- sticky at first, but ended up great
* used chicken instead of tofu
* used half green beans (frozen) and half baby carrots (which I parboiled in the microwave)
* added a pinch of ground red pepper, a little more curry powder, and the rest of a can of coconut milk.
What I'll do next time:
* add some sliced onion and maybe some garlic
* use sliced carrots - the baby carrots were too big
* add salt to the rice before cooking
* more red pepper - it definitely needed a little kick
* more coconut milk for the sauce - it was SOOOO delicious that I wanted extra