Woot! I am here!
DH is on the way to the dump right now with a 5x8 cargo trailer packed to the gills. It's our town's annual "Roll-Off" day where you can take up to 1000 lbs to the dump for $25 and not pay a surcharge on anything.
We're getting rid of four moldy mattresses, a broken loveseat, three unfixable bikes, a broken door, metal parts to a clothesline (including cement footing), parts of a broken outdoor fireplace, a dead pool pump, a really heavy and useless old broken 200 lb wooden cart thingy, and various antennae and wires previously attached to our roof. Plus other odds and ends.
Before anyone laments that these things are headed to the dump, I'm pretty darn responsible about finding new homes for useful things, but there is no other appropriate home for these particular items. Most of these things were left behind our shed or in our yard by the previous owners.
Yesterday I went through the kids' clothes and packed away all the summer stuff, and pulled a few additional things we needed out of storage.
It's a good way to start the month.
My goals for this month and possibly also next month:
- Finally attempt to truly get rid of all my get-rid-of things...post stuff on Freecycle/Craigslist/Trading Post/etc and follow through.
- Prepare and give about six trash bags of kid things to my sister at Thanksgiving
- Excavate my to-do-pile; it grew when I wasn't looking.
- Continue making regular trips to the swap shop to get rid of stuff
- Tackle mending pile (two tubs) and make it all go away
- Call about getting scrap metal (gutters) removed from yard
- Finish tidying up yard/garden for the winter
- Move sewing tubs out to the shed for the winter (inventory first, so I can easily find what I need without bringing the tubs back inside)
- Organize and store camping gear for next year
- Remove kid-art from living room walls
- Re-cover piano bench with fabric
- Pantry challenge at least until after Christmas
AND if I get super-ambitious, or if I have time after the other projects are out of the way: work on photo project (sorting and putting into binders) and start going through our many books in the garage.
Whew! I need to take a break after writing that!