or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Natural Body Care › Moldy Honey
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Moldy Honey

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
I wash my face with honey and keep some in my shower stall. Now (not surprisingly) there's mold in the container. Can I still use this on my face? I don't want to get sme funky skin eating disease because I used honey wiht mold. Ideas?????
post #2 of 4
Can you scoop out most of the mold? If you heat honey to 170F for 5 minutes or 140F for 25 mins it'll kill microorganisms off if you want to be sure. I doubt the mold in there is that dangerous just to have on your skin, but still icky.
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Didn't think about that! Thanks! I can heat the honey and run the container thru the dw!!
post #4 of 4
Honey shouldn't mold, but perhaps you got some shower water in it or you stuck your fingers in the jar. That's a perfect way to introduce bacteria.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Natural Body Care
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Natural Body Care › Moldy Honey