or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Working and Student Parents › Study Support Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Study Support Thread - Page 6

post #101 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody'smomma View Post
I AM DONE, fellow student mamas.
Anyway, GO TEAM!!
Congrats to you!!! Enjoy your free time.
post #102 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniraina View Post
Hi all! Didn't know there was a thread for studying moms...What a great idea! My story is continuously maddening. I got into a great school as a non-traditional student and then I had my first child. Now my grades are suffering so badly. I am trying to regain strength for the last week or so of things but between my baby not sleeping very well and my husband being rather unsupportive of my being back at school, I am getting nothing accomplished. I just hope I passmost of my classes. At this point, that is all I have.

Anyone else in this situation?
Hi jenniraina,

I'm not exactly in your situation, but.... I did try to go to school when I was married and had small/baby children. He was completely unsupportive and I had to stop. Note: it was not because of the kids, it was because of him. I have since, as a single mama finished my undergraduate degree and just started graduate school. Did you just have your first child last week?! I can only imagine not quite having it together, no matter how supportive your partner was. Maybe you just need to let this semester go a little, you know? Pick it up next time? What are you studying? How far to go?
You CAN do it, trust me!
post #103 of 128
I am taking a mental health day....I have an exam on Sat. and a take home exam to do.
post #104 of 128
Hey StudiousMamas! How are we doing? I know I'm not the only unfinished one (I hope.....I mean, well, you know what i mean) I finished my stats paper today (14pages) and turned it in. Now for the 20 pager. My goal is 10 pages by the end of the weekend.

How is everyone?
post #105 of 128
Gradmama - Sounds like you're still plugging along, ten pages by the end of the weekend sounds like a good goal.

Things are going well here - I took my midterm for my statistics course and scored 25/25 on the multiple choice but only 37/50 on the other section - yikes! I didn't study much for it so that's my own fault. I have an A in the class still, just barely though! hehe

My English course is finished I'm just waiting for the professor to post grades up. I have a test on Monday, it's the last test in my Jazz course but not a final. I'll be studying for it this weekend, it's an open-note test so I'm hoping to get an A - there is a ton of information covered and it's timed so open-note doesn't necessarily mean it's a cakewalk hehe.

I hope that everyone had a productive week. Plans for the weekend besides studying anyone?
post #106 of 128
I'm done, I'm done!! Where's the dancing around the room smilie?

Took my final online last night at 1am, and did well. The kids were so happy this morning when I told them no more homework for me for 6 weeks.

Everyone who's still finishing up . . . good luck in the homestretch!
post #107 of 128
Well, I am inching my way closer.

This weekend (since Thurs) I wrote a major research paper, including works cited and bib. Then I started the research for another major research paper.

I also finished up all my individual lit assignments.

I still have to submit all the papers I've written so far. (4 this week plus 3 lit assignments), write the lit final (due monday), another research paper, 5-6 article summaries, and one final exam. By Tuesday....eeep!

But I'm making steady progress, which is amazing any way you cut it but especially cool with all the crappy news we've gotten in the past 2 days. I will be almost done by this time tomorrow! Yay!!!!!
post #108 of 128
All i have left is three finals. One tues, one fri and then one online, open book that i can take at any point during the week. I'm so glad this semester is almost over. Congrats to everyone else who has already finished.
post #109 of 128
I wrote an exam yesterday that went quite well, I think. It was quite hard tho. Need to work on my take home today.
post #110 of 128
Three exams in three days last week. First one went well, second one went as expected (that is to say, not well) and third one went really well until I discovered I had completely misread the directions.

One more tomorrow.

Then a paper due Friday.

Then I will be halfway done with law school.

It was more fun last year---I didn't know and didn't really care how I was going to do (beyond just getting through it), so there was no pressure. I ended up doing *really* well...so this semester, where I am highly unlikely to repeat my performance (given those last two exams), will likely be a bit of a let down. (And it's completely irrational--I'll probably end up with a 3.0-3.2 for the term, which would have been fine last year, but in light of my 3.8, it isn't anymore.)
post #111 of 128
Hello Super Students!
So I completely freaked out during my test on Friday. I just went totally blank, and I actually almost walked out. But then I took a deep breath and dug in and tried to finish. It did not go well. I ended up with an 83%. Now, that is not that bad considering my experience of the test, but it in now way reflects my knowledge of the material. And now I need 146/150 points on the final in order to get an A in the class, and by A I mean 89.5%. My life this semester has been completely devoted to calculus. It really sucks that I am not going to get the grade that is reflective of all that time and effort.

I have ten days until the final to : : and :. Good study/good grade vibes : to everyone still plugging away and heading into finals. And congratulations to all of you who have finished! :
post #112 of 128
Progress!!!! Finally!!!

I am completly finished with 2 classes! I have a final tomorrow and then I'll be done with a 3rd.

Still working on: huge research paper for one class and ind study work. But I can see the end!!

Good luck to everyone with finals this week
post #113 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
I wrote an exam yesterday that went quite well, I think. It was quite hard tho. Need to work on my take home today.
How's that going? Glad your exam went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post
Three exams in three days last week. First one went well, second one went as expected (that is to say, not well) and third one went really well until I discovered I had completely misread the directions.

One more tomorrow.

Then a paper due Friday.

Then I will be halfway done with law school.

It was more fun last year---I didn't know and didn't really care how I was going to do (beyond just getting through it), so there was no pressure. I ended up doing *really* well...so this semester, where I am highly unlikely to repeat my performance (given those last two exams), will likely be a bit of a let down. (And it's completely irrational--I'll probably end up with a 3.0-3.2 for the term, which would have been fine last year, but in light of my 3.8, it isn't anymore.)
Congrats on being half-way through. That's huge! I know what you mean about expectations....try not to be too down on yourself tho k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosidox View Post
Hello Super Students!
So I completely freaked out during my test on Friday. I just went totally blank, and I actually almost walked out. But then I took a deep breath and dug in and tried to finish. It did not go well. I ended up with an 83%. Now, that is not that bad considering my experience of the test, but it in now way reflects my knowledge of the material. And now I need 146/150 points on the final in order to get an A in the class, and by A I mean 89.5%. My life this semester has been completely devoted to calculus. It really sucks that I am not going to get the grade that is reflective of all that time and effort.

I have ten days until the final to : : and :. Good study/good grade vibes : to everyone still plugging away and heading into finals. And congratulations to all of you who have finished! :
How's the studying? I'm sorry you didn't do as well as you wanted - I hate it when I freeze. I bet you can pull off your A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChel View Post
Progress!!!! Finally!!!

I am completly finished with 2 classes! I have a final tomorrow and then I'll be done with a 3rd.

Still working on: huge research paper for one class and ind study work. But I can see the end!!

Good luck to everyone with finals this week
Way to go mama! I'm not seeing the end just yet, but I will be soon. I did finish my first 14 page paper (a week early!!!!!) and am on the twenty page paper now. I have about 9 pages. Its frustrating because this is my own research so i feel as if it is very difficult to figure out where it is going...does that make sense? It's not like there is a beginning, middle, and end that I can see. I guess it will become clear when I get there. My goal is to have a fully functional rough draft by tomorrow night. A day and a half for revisions and then I have a day and a half for a research proposal.
Please let it work that way. (because then I get to spend the weekend grading while my babies visit their daddy in a prison near me - goody. but that's another thread).

Anybody wanna be my studybuddy tonight??? I have , I promise not to too much, nor will I go . In return, I will , give very warm s, and you can be my forever!
post #114 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
I wrote an exam yesterday that went quite well, I think.
Yay! That's always good, to walk out feeling positive...

I didn't feel like my PowerPoint went so well - I was almost in a car crash on the way over (t was snowing, and a car ran head-on into the bus driving next to me, but I accelarated and avoided being hit) and the projector wasn't working with my computer and the room was really hot... I mean, I did it, I had a very nice answer for the professor's question for me, but it just felt like my brain was fuzzy.

Turned in my first paper today at 4:30, half an hour before it was due... I feel good about it, though. I have until Friday to finish three aps and one more paper... then I'm done!

Dar
post #115 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoAs View Post
Things are going well here - I took my midterm for my statistics course and scored 25/25 on the multiple choice but only 37/50 on the other section - yikes! I didn't study much for it so that's my own fault. I have an A in the class still, just barely though! hehe...

...I hope that everyone had a productive week. Plans for the weekend besides studying anyone?
I wish I had done that good in stats! That sounds great. I hope it keeps going well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly mama View Post
I'm done, I'm done!! Where's the dancing around the room smilie?
YAY! That is amazing. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmummy View Post
All i have left is three finals. One tues, one fri and then one online, open book that i can take at any point during the week. I'm so glad this semester is almost over. Congrats to everyone else who has already finished.
I hope it goes well. Test vibes coming your way. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
I wrote an exam yesterday that went quite well, I think. It was quite hard tho. Need to work on my take home today.
Hope everything continues to go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post
Three exams in three days last week. First one went well, second one went as expected (that is to say, not well) and third one went really well until I discovered I had completely misread the directions.

One more tomorrow.

Then a paper due Friday.

Then I will be halfway done with law school.
Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing really well, gpa be damned! I hope it continues to go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosidox View Post
Hello Super Students!
So I completely freaked out during my test on Friday. I just went totally blank, and I actually almost walked out. But then I took a deep breath and dug in and tried to finish. It did not go well. I ended up with an 83%. Now, that is not that bad considering my experience of the test, but it in now way reflects my knowledge of the material. And now I need 146/150 points on the final in order to get an A in the class, and by A I mean 89.5%. My life this semester has been completely devoted to calculus. It really sucks that I am not going to get the grade that is reflective of all that time and effort.

I have ten days until the final to : : and :. Good study/good grade vibes : to everyone still plugging away and heading into finals. And congratulations to all of you who have finished! :
Have you talked to your prof? I have the exact same issue in a class. I need a perfect score to get an A- (well really a B+, 89.4% but he will bump me if if I achieve it b/c of participation and attendance and all that stuff. I have perfect scores on everything but bombed the midterm so bad.). Anyway, my prof was really understanding about it.

Good luck on the rest! I am sure you will rock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradmama View Post
Anybody wanna be my studybuddy tonight??? I have , I promise not to too much, nor will I go . In return, I will , give very warm s, and you can be my forever!
:
I wish I was here sooner. I would have been. I have to buckle down! i hope studying is going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar View Post
Y
I didn't feel like my PowerPoint went so well - I was almost in a car crash on the way over (t was snowing, and a car ran head-on into the bus driving next to me, but I accelarated and avoided being hit) and the projector wasn't working with my computer and the room was really hot... I mean, I did it, I had a very nice answer for the professor's question for me, but it just felt like my brain was fuzzy.

Turned in my first paper today at 4:30, half an hour before it was due... I feel good about it, though. I have until Friday to finish three aps and one more paper... then I'm done!
That sounds good overall. At least it went well. I know what you mean though. I hope the rest goes well!




I am so very far behind. I have been working on a huge final stats project, and it has not been going well. I finally made headway and planned on staying at the computer lab until I finished/all night. However, they close at 11:30! I was not happy. At ASU, they were open all night this time of year, right? I planned on 6-8 hours, and I did less than 3. I still have this project to finish, and it has to be on campus to run the stats program and kids are not allowed. And once I pick my son up tomorrow, I would have to try to find sitters and everything, which is impossible financially and logistically. I have less than 3 tomorrow, and I need twice as much. I am very concerned. I have no idea how I am going to finish.

On top of that I have a presentation I have not even looked at that is due Wednesday. I have a lot of econ cramming to do for that, especially since it's a group project.

Then, 4 finals. One in which I have to get a perfect score on. Stats and econ, by default, will be challenging.

It sounds so much worse all written out. Now I am starting to worry.
post #116 of 128
Just wanted to pop in and send good study vibes for those still working on their final papers, exams, etc. Everyone is really busy right now it seems - you can tell because the thread kind of slowed down hehe.

I'm done with the courses at my University - 92% in one class and so far a 97% in the other class. So right now I just have the one class at the community college that ends in January. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
post #117 of 128
Meco - Yup the libraries were open 24x7 from reading day through finals IIRC. I remember sitting in the common area of my dorm studying for a calculus final and at 2am decided to head to the library - this was in 1992 though. LOL Sorry that the library closed on you - ack!
post #118 of 128
I'm not going to mult-quote because I am actually at the library writing and plan to continue doing that pronto (let's hear it for page 16 of the rough draft!). My library closes at 2am. I however cannot be there at 2am but I intend to write at home from the time the kids go to bed until 2am. lol I hope you get childcare figured out meco - maybe we can study tonight!
See you all later!
post #119 of 128
Well, not only am I done..


but my professors are too! (It's a small department )

I looked online and can see I got all A's (not sure exactly how that worked but no complaints)

crossing fingers for everyone else

ty for the thread
post #120 of 128
Someone please tell me to sit down at the kitchen table and get started on my calc study assignment. I've been putting it off all day!!!! We had a huge ice storm here today and the school was closed with all classes canceled. So I had the whole day to work on it. But since it was just so :, all I wanted to do was light some , up on the with my : and watch my favorite movies with a cup of

And that's what I did. I'm so embarrassed for squandering my whole day! But it was so cozy and relaxed and warm and......

Okay, I'm turning off the computer now and getting some work done!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Working and Student Parents
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Working and Student Parents › Study Support Thread