or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Heartbroken (Updates: Post #91, 122, 136)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heartbroken (Updates: Post #91, 122, 136) - Page 5

post #81 of 137
Can you switch to an instrument that would be less expensive to buy outright? Since he hasn't started any lessons yet, that might be a different route to take. Also, the renting of whatever instrument he starts with, for the first year or so, might be better for you, as in, what if he decides three months from now that he REALLY doesn't like piano, then you are stuck with it.
post #82 of 137
I have only just read this Kali, after being offline all week. What a disappointed for your beloved boy and what a thoughtless thing for his Dad to do.

Surely he must have seen how crushed his son was:


Peace
post #83 of 137
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2maya View Post
Can you switch to an instrument that would be less expensive to buy outright?
The only other instrument that he's interested in learning is the violin.
It's actually pretty expensive in my area to rent instruments. I was told that going the piano/keyboard route would be cheaper in the long run.
It's not like I'm going to be spending thousands on an instrument. Just a mere $300.
post #84 of 137
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imogen View Post
Surely he must have seen how crushed his son was:
Hiya Imogen! His father is a cold person. I don't think it really registered in his brain how much he hurt ds's feelings (either that or he truly doesn't care). Ds is going to grow up mistrusting his father.
post #85 of 137
Thread Starter 
Ooh! I just went to the website of the store that the keyboard is at and found out that the Black Friday special applies to phone orders too!!!!!!!!!!!
That means an extra 20% off!

I'll be calling my mom (across country) in 30 minutes to let her know. Their special sale only lasts until 10am local time and I don't want it to become sold out.
Eek! Maybe I should call her now. Even though it's only 5:30am where she is. LOL
post #86 of 137
(kick. his. butt. out.! What is he still doing there? You let him spend the night?)

It will work out somehow.

ETA made it through the post. Call mum and wake her
post #87 of 137
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonapellucida View Post
(kick. his. butt. out.! What is he still doing there? You let him spend the night?)
He's not still here.
post #88 of 137
Thread Starter 
Update: My mom couldn't get through on the toll free number in time for the sale.
Don't know if she'll still order it at full price.
post #89 of 137
Crap!!!!!!!!
post #90 of 137
Thread Starter 
That about sums it up.
post #91 of 137
Thread Starter 
Update: My mom ordered it for me and even though it was past the sale time, they gave her the sale price because she tried calling for hours!!

I'll have to pay her back (starting with a hefty first payment of $100) but at least ds will have it.

Now I have to wait til the 26th to contact the music school about financial aid and setting up lessons. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to pay for these lessons but I'll make it work somehow!

I love my boy.
post #92 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Update: My mom ordered it for me and even though it was past the sale time, they gave her the sale price because she tried calling for hours!!

I'll have to pay her back (starting with a hefty first payment of $100) but at least ds will have it.

Now I have to wait til the 26th to contact the music school about financial aid and setting up lessons. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to pay for these lessons but I'll make it work somehow!

I love my boy.
That is awesome!!!
Your lil man sure is lucky to have you as his mama, ya know that?
Who knows - he may be the next Beethoven...or Yanni...whatever....
post #93 of 137
Oh, I am so glad this is going to work out!: You are an awesome mama!!

So, have you told your son yet, or are you going to wait?
post #94 of 137
Whoohoo for Grandma!!!

Think you could get your UA violation of an ex to pay for it anyway (ie, have her pay your mom back instead of you paying her back?)
post #95 of 137
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansMomma View Post
That is awesome!!!
Your lil man sure is lucky to have you as his mama, ya know that?
Who knows - he may be the next Beethoven...or Yanni...whatever....
Aww, thank you! He loves classical music and wants to meet Andre Rieu soooooooo badly. LOL.
post #96 of 137
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
Think you could get your UA violation of an ex to pay for it anyway (ie, have her pay your mom back instead of you paying her back?)
Um, doubt it. He didn't want to pay for it in the first place. Maybe I can get him to buy a piano bench. If I lay the guilt on. Heavily. And often.
post #97 of 137
I am SO happy to hear that your mom is helping you get him the instrument! Let us know what happens when you call the school about the financial aid!
post #98 of 137
I am so glad this worked out for you and your ds.
Maybe a little chat with ex about promises is in order.

My dad promised me a pony that never appeared and it broke my 6year old heart.
post #99 of 137
Oh-I wish I could call my old neighbors. They both work for NESM and teach out of their home. Not sure if she has experience with SN kids, but wait-when I talk to my old roommate I'll see if she can ask.

Are you near Boston?
post #100 of 137
Yay!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Heartbroken (Updates: Post #91, 122, 136)