We are house hunting, maybe to rent, maybe to buy. Right now we are staying in an old house that probably has lead paint. In fact we have always lived in old houses. We have tried to be careful about handwashing, hepa vacs, and all that stuff, but the truth is sometimes I get a little lax on cleaning. DS's lead levels have come back at 4 a few times, which is not considered extremely high, but is not normal. He has some problems with behavior and dyslexia that could be lead-related so I am more concerned than ever. I love old houses, but I am so tired of living in them. I visited a new house today that was filled with all the new house chemical smells. I shudder to think about all the new toxins that are in the new houses that we don't even yet know the effects of. What do I do? All opinions welcome. Please help me figure this out.
post #1 of 16
11/30/07 at 2:56am