or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Post your holiday crafting to do list!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post your holiday crafting to do list! - Page 2

post #21 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopin' Mama View Post
I put the swatch through at least three times, and it still didn't completely felt. It just got really fuzzy, but the stitches were still showing. I finally decided I was wasting too much water and just decided to start making the crown.

I felted in on hot cycle, cold rinse, with a pair of jeans. I did use regular detergent, and then read somewhere that it's best to use dish detergent. Any tips you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have felted a lot of things, sometimes it takes 6 trips through the washing machine. Put it in an old pillow case and throw in an old pair of jeans. Don't let the water drain just keep re-setting the wash cycle. Use just a little soap, not detergent.
post #22 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by operamommy View Post
Ok, I'm at 5 projects out of 14 down now. : I just finished a crocheted birdie set for ds2 last night (you can see it in my blog). I should be able to get another 2 out of the way by the end of the weekend - I hope!!

granolapunk, I've been meaning to tell you that I visited your blog - I really liked it! (actually, I need to go back and see your latest projects!) I was going to leave a comment for you, but you're set so that comments can only be left by people with a google account.

gah! how do i fix that? thanks for visiting, it's a bit lonely over there

ETA: i figured it out!
post #23 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopin' Mama View Post
Granola Punk -- love the robots on your blog.

I am trying not to notice that I have crossed nothing off my to-do list. The good news is, i won't see my niece until after Christmas, so I have some wiggle room.

thanks so much, they were a tough project for me.

Nolimum- i just did little bean bags filled with oatmeal. i think i'd use rice for a big sit on kind. or maybe wool batting?
post #24 of 85
Okay..I'm in..

I have an order for 19 bracelets due next week - DONE!!!


Cowl for MIL - Done


Cowl for SIL - Done

Cowl for bff's mom - Done

Cowl for Debbi - Done

Cowl for Cate - Done

Cowl for Christina

Bath Set for Boss - Done


16 batches of truffles

16 batches of mitten cookies

Hat , Scarf and Slippers for DH

6 batches of chocolate dipped pretzel rods - Done


2 Romance Jars - Done


I don't think I can get it all done:
post #25 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
Okay..I'm in..

I have an order for 19 bracelets due next week

Cowl for MIL

Cowl for SIL

Cowl for bff's mom

Cowl for Debbi

Cowl for Cate

Cowl for Christina

Bath Set for Boss

16 batches of truffles

16 batches of mitten cookies

Hat , Scarf and Slippers for DH

I don't think I can get it all done:
one project at a time mama, you can do it!
post #26 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by granolapunk View Post
one project at a time mama, you can do it!

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!!!

I wasn't expecting an order for all those bracelets...I'm thrilled, but it really out a kink in my plans!!
post #27 of 85
Crown is done! It took 5 trips through the washs cycle, and it definitely needs to be shaved. But it's done. Will photo it when it's dry.
post #28 of 85
Another project done here, but I don't think I had it added to my project list. A friend of mine has a Star Wars nut for a brother, so I made an embroidered Boba Fett pillow for him (in return I'm getting handmade cards...yay!) A picture is on my blog if you want a looksie.
post #29 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by operamommy View Post
Another project done here, but I don't think I had it added to my project list. A friend of mine has a Star Wars nut for a brother, so I made an embroidered Boba Fett pillow for him (in return I'm getting handmade cards...yay!) A picture is on my blog if you want a looksie.
Wow, that's a lot of embroidery! That must have taken you weeks, if you're as slow as me. Looks great!

Hoopin' Mama Can't wait to see the crown! I want to make one for DD.
post #30 of 85
dye play sliks
dye blue overalls purple
sew doll
make volcano

(would like to knit dd longies, but..... I don't know how! haha!)
post #31 of 85
I got all the bracelets done!! YAY!!!

but I have a new order for 2 romance jars - so more added to the list!!
post #32 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLilStinkweed View Post
dye play sliks
dye blue overalls purple
sew doll
make volcano

(would like to knit dd longies, but..... I don't know how! haha!)
Do you need patterns? I have a few and a few crochet patterns as well.
post #33 of 85
Fyrestorm how nice of you to offer! My Grandma is going to teach me how to knit. I know who to crochet. I would love patterns! Any that you think I could use would be great! How could you get them to me? my email address is kaylareneelaa@gmail.com. My daughter is tall and thin, if that is helpful. Thank you!!
post #34 of 85
I am having a heck of a time trying to make play food. Little tomatoes on size 5 dpn's. I am not used to dpn's. Stitchnbitch mentioned it was like wrestling with an octopus. They were right.

Now I have to try to think of other playfood I can make. I am thinking cheese slices at this point. I don't know if I can do these tomatoes.
post #35 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLilStinkweed View Post
Fyrestorm how nice of you to offer! My Grandma is going to teach me how to knit. I know who to crochet. I would love patterns! Any that you think I could use would be great! How could you get them to me? my email address is kaylareneelaa@gmail.com. My daughter is tall and thin, if that is helpful. Thank you!!
PM'ed you
post #36 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopin' Mama View Post
I am having a heck of a time trying to make play food. Little tomatoes on size 5 dpn's. I am not used to dpn's. Stitchnbitch mentioned it was like wrestling with an octopus. They were right.

Now I have to try to think of other playfood I can make. I am thinking cheese slices at this point. I don't know if I can do these tomatoes.
I'm sewing mine out of wool felt I ordered from Dancing Rain Dolls. I'll post pics when I'm done. Since I had to make do with the felt I had left, the kids will get one potato, three pea pods and two strawberries.

There's a thread in the patterns forum about playfood. It's pretty inspiring.

Good luck!
post #37 of 85
I finished the doll for my friend; now I've just got to make him a hat and clothes. But since it's not a Christmas present (just something for her new baby), I am going to put that off until I finish holiday stuff.

Now I'm about to go to JoAnn's because they have wool felt!! I'm going to try my hand at dyeing it to make some felt food... we'll see how it goes.
post #38 of 85
Wow you all got a lot done!

I have finished (photos in blog);
4 bendy fairies
8 little fat horses (some felt, some fabric, some a mix)

I am 1/2 way done with the felt book I am making for my little niece, and have not yet started the two sets of fairy wings.

I would love to see more photos! I am very interested in the wands... how did you make them?
post #39 of 85
Here's mine:

*finish sweater for my mom (only 1 sleeve left!)DONE!*Knit Woodins for DD
*Knit farm playmat
*Felt knit pig
*dye play silks
*Make crayon muffins
*make play dough
*bake peanut butter blossoms and choc.chip cookies
*knit 6 was cloths (4 done!)
I think that's all I have left to do/make. I've been a knitting fiend the last few months. I've already finished 3 felted crowns, 7 gnomes, a pig, and 4 Woodins.
post #40 of 85
What I want to know is -- how do you all get so much done????

I only have one child. He's three. Me sitting and making things while he is awake is next to impossible.

Tell me your secrets!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Post your holiday crafting to do list!