or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › **APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 14

post #261 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Just for fun: covers galore!! I felt like a freak in the store! ETA to add unrelated smiley
:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/...a187cccec0.jpg
ohh what pretty covers!!!! now i wish i had told you i wanted some!!! lol
post #262 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Okay now a warning this is going to be way TMI!
Since having babies, I have been suffering from anal fissures.: and hemroids.
Anyway, the last week has been excruciating and in my search for some natural remedies I came across some anecdotes about breastfeeding and fissures and that the two stories that I read the mamas didn't get relief until they weaned. The theory being that most of the water you drink is going to breastmilk and not keeping stools soft. Not that I'm thinking of weaning, but it is difficult to drink enough that's for sure and there is only so long I can deal with the pain. I do remember it subsiding when Finn was eating more solids and nursing less so here's hoping. Has anyone ever heard this?? I may post over in breastfeeding too...
Okay back to talking about cute fun stuff like our babies and the swap!
A
never heard this...hmm try to drink more water and maybe stop taking iron or vitamins if your taking them? vits ( prenatal or other) always constipate me and stuff sorry your rear hurts hope you feel better!!:: these are cause i wanna be like you all
post #263 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
lol- thanks! that gave me a chuckle :

well, I'm glad you posted this! I've never wanted to admit it but I have/get 'roids too... They are related to the end of the preg for me- not pushing, I think the pressure of the baby. I use topical witchazel, baths and kegels which usually help, mine come and go.
I'll have to think about the weaning thing...interesting. I wonder...trying to remember with Axel. they don't give me a lot of grief, though, just anoying, actually the long kegels really helped when I was pregnant. Do let me/us know if you find anything else...I've looked a bit too.
Now, for the smiley I find obnoxious and distasteful, there's always and application!


A
Well, I think I may try the stool softeners as km suggested. Currently I'm trying to force myself to drink a glass of water every.single.time I think of it. I'm taking the homeopathic med hamamelis virginiana for the 'roids as well as witch hazel compresses, baths and calendula ointment. And I'm trying to get 3tbls of Beyond Greens into me everyday.: It seems to be helping a little.
post #264 of 1454
Sophia slept in her crib in the nusery last night. She still got up to eat during the night. My supply isn't enough to keep her happy through the night. Yesterday I nursed her in the afternoon and she was hungry an hour later. I gave her a botlle of breastmilk and she finally napped. I don't know how you do it if you don't have some extra laying around. It killed me to feed her a bottle (I feel so inadequate), but I couldn't stand her crying because she was hungry. I feel bad about my supply, then I get frustrated about even breastfeeding anymore, I feel like weaning.

She's 8 months this week. I promised myself that I would push hard through this next month and decide what I think at 9 months.
post #265 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Sophia slept in her crib in the nusery last night. She still got up to eat during the night. My supply isn't enough to keep her happy through the night. Yesterday I nursed her in the afternoon and she was hungry an hour later. I gave her a botlle of breastmilk and she finally napped. I don't know how you do it if you don't have some extra laying around. It killed me to feed her a bottle (I feel so inadequate), but I couldn't stand her crying because she was hungry. I feel bad about my supply, then I get frustrated about even breastfeeding anymore, I feel like weaning.

She's 8 months this week. I promised myself that I would push hard through this next month and decide what I think at 9 months.
Michelle. Sophia is lucky to have such a dedicated mama. Try not to be too hard on yourself. You have given her 8 great months (so far!) of mama milk and you should be really proud!
A
post #266 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Sophia slept in her crib in the nusery last night. She still got up to eat during the night. My supply isn't enough to keep her happy through the night. Yesterday I nursed her in the afternoon and she was hungry an hour later. I gave her a botlle of breastmilk and she finally napped. I don't know how you do it if you don't have some extra laying around. It killed me to feed her a bottle (I feel so inadequate), but I couldn't stand her crying because she was hungry. I feel bad about my supply, then I get frustrated about even breastfeeding anymore, I feel like weaning.

She's 8 months this week. I promised myself that I would push hard through this next month and decide what I think at 9 months.
don't feel inadequate! she is so lucky to be loved up and fed breastmilk for so long! you should try and look at it from the other angle...that some breastmilk is so much better than none! (it really is!) and remember...she'll be eating more and more solid foods soon too. hang in there, mama!
post #267 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Sophia slept in her crib in the nusery last night. She still got up to eat during the night. My supply isn't enough to keep her happy through the night. Yesterday I nursed her in the afternoon and she was hungry an hour later. I gave her a botlle of breastmilk and she finally napped. I don't know how you do it if you don't have some extra laying around. It killed me to feed her a bottle (I feel so inadequate), but I couldn't stand her crying because she was hungry. I feel bad about my supply, then I get frustrated about even breastfeeding anymore, I feel like weaning.

She's 8 months this week. I promised myself that I would push hard through this next month and decide what I think at 9 months.
s mama! aww, you've done so well! really, like km said, she'll be eating so much more soon. Don't get frusterated and think of weaning, just keep going as long as you can and don't feel bad at all about it. You can go a long time on just one nursing a day!
Just a thought, if you do wean her soon, what liquids will you be giving her? Formula or cow's milk? I know this is a hot topic and I'm not trying to bring it up b/c of that. Just wondering, to compare with what I did with Axel when he weaned.
A
post #268 of 1454
page 2!!! where is everyone?? :? ?? ?? ? :?? not :!
post #269 of 1454
mclisa- just want to pass on some hugs and say the same thing as everyone else...any amount of BM is better than none, whatever you decide to do she thanks you for being such a great mommy.
post #270 of 1454
here is a picture of the longies that i finally finished...

and did i mention that my baby is chunky? :
post #271 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
here is a picture of the longies that i finally finished...

and did i mention that my baby is chunky? :
omg kris she is too cute! I want a chubby baby!! And those longies are great. I started a pair and I haven't worked on them since Oct :-maybe I'll just make shorties and they'll be finished by the time it's warm out
What pattern did you use?
A
post #272 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
omg kris she is too cute! I want a chubby baby!! And those longies are great. I started a pair and I haven't worked on them since Oct :-maybe I'll just make shorties and they'll be finished by the time it's warm out
What pattern did you use?
A
i got it from little turtle knits. i was making these as a gift and it took me forever to finish them maybe i'll get around to making a pair for zenon now.
post #273 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
here is a picture of the longies that i finally finished...

and did i mention that my baby is chunky? :
How adorable!! I'm with finn'smama...I wanted a chunky baby! But, I think I have figured out why Micah is long and lean....He NEVER stops moving!! Unless he is sleeping, he is always moving something, a foot, an arm, crawling here, pulling up there....

Speaking of crawling....Micah has finally finessed (sp?) his crawl. He was doing this butterfly stroke/inchworm thing for about the last 2 to 3 months. Now, he has finally progressed to hands and knees crawling, and pulling up on everything. I have even seen him take 3 or 4 steps along the entertainment center or bookcase a couple of times. Is that cruising?
post #274 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Speaking of crawling....Micah has finally finessed (sp?) his crawl. He was doing this butterfly stroke/inchworm thing for about the last 2 to 3 months. Now, he has finally progressed to hands and knees crawling, and pulling up on everything. I have even seen him take 3 or 4 steps along the entertainment center or bookcase a couple of times. Is that cruising?

Yep that's cruising. Start moving stuff out of reach, or baby will move it to the floor for you.

Desmond didn't sleep that great last night, but he is teething, he has 6 teeth now, the top center two have broken skin, hopefully he'll go back to sleeping 5 hours or so straight again now.

His yeast rash isn't gone quite yet, but it is much better. Hopefully he'll be back in cloth by tomorrow or so.

Yesterday I had fun buying gifts for my person, now I just hope they arrive soon so I can get them out. It was lots of fun coming up with a good gift.
post #275 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
I don't know how you do it if you don't have some extra laying around. It killed me to feed her a bottle (I feel so inadequate),
PP mentioned it: you are doing your best, and solid will be making more and more of her caloric intake. Don't beat yourself up over this


Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
here is a picture of the longies that i finally finished...

and did i mention that my baby is chunky? :
What a cutie!!! He is super chunky, I thought Romi was a chunker, but Zenon beats her to the punch!! And the longies are super cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
How adorable!! I'm with finn'smama...I wanted a chunky baby! But, I think I have figured out why Micah is long and lean....He NEVER stops moving!! Unless he is sleeping, he is always moving something, a foot, an arm, crawling here, pulling up there....
Romi is ALWAYS moving and she's chunky. And her brother was the same and he was uber skinny. Go figure!! I think babies are just the way they are and there's no rhyme or reason to their body types!!

Christmas swap: I'm excited too!!! So much fun to shop for someone who will appreciate it (I hope!).
post #276 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Romi is ALWAYS moving and she's chunky. And her brother was the same and he was uber skinny. Go figure!! I think babies are just the way they are and there's no rhyme or reason to their body types!!
And I thought I had this great epiphany.... Oh well, it was just a thought.
post #277 of 1454
Whew, is the word of my day. AF arrived, without a call or anything!
post #278 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i got it from little turtle knits. i was making these as a gift and it took me forever to finish them maybe i'll get around to making a pair for zenon now.
are they the picky pants or longies?
And i meant to say he is too cute!
post #279 of 1454
I second the getting stuff out of reach thing...Johnny love to hang on the part of the computer desk that pulls in and out and the keyboard sit on it (does that make sense) I hadn't thought too much of it really - it keeps him happy and close by while I'm studying...but today I went to use the computer and the whole thing fell and is cracked...I don't know how I'll survive the next however long if my child keeps breaking things - I know I can't fault him because he doesn't know any better...but darn it I have so much less desk space now and everything I'm working on looks so disorganized and sloppy and I can't even make myself a piece of toast to eat with my tea because he broke that too... ARGHH!!!

Hmm...and I have enough younger siblings to know this is just the beginning of this.

I just keep thinking about how much he slept during those first couple months

Ohh- curious: for those of you with active babies, were they also super active before they were born? How about the babies who are less busy? I'm curious if it relates...in our case it did.
post #280 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

Ohh- curious: for those of you with active babies, were they also super active before they were born? How about the babies who are less busy? I'm curious if it relates...in our case it did.
For me not even remotely. I had the laaaaaaaziest fetus imaginable. To the point where he didn't move at all for 3 days and I had to have an NST. I had a rented doppler that I used just to make sure he was okay when I was too worried to sleep. Kick counts were impossible and I drank tons of orange juice and apples just to get a little wiggle.
Now I can't keep up with him!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › **APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December!