What was the reason for changing her original due date from January 6th to December 28th?
*If* it was an early transvaginal u/s (around 8-10 weeks is ideal) performed by a competent professional with a good u/s machine, I'd trust the new date.Assuming
the new date is accurate, I would consider
induction under non-emergency conditions at 37 weeks with a favorable Bishop score
. That would mean she'd need to wait until at least December 7th to be 37 weeks, more like December 16th if you go by the January 6th due date.
Before 37 weeks is just asking for trouble, and even then is not ideal at all. She needs to understand what she is asking for here.
Also, if her cervix isn't ready for induction, she might as well save herself the trouble of trying to induce and head straight to the OR for an elective section. An unfavorable cervix at that early of a gestation...sounds like a recipe for ending up with a section anyway.
I admit that I have very little empathy for women who complain of being SO uncomfortable while carrying their 6 pound singleton.
I carried just under 14 pounds with my twin pg and didn't TRULY get miserable til the last 10 days.
Even with the last 10 days of misery, I'd take that again a million times over. We brought them both home with us 24 hours later.