or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › How old is too old to have another babY?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How old is too old to have another babY? - Page 5

post #81 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewe+lamb View Post
Our ds is 26 July 2005 too, how wonderful!!!!!
Three of us in this one thread..that's kind of funny.
post #82 of 91
Make that four! 7/26 is my DS's birthday too.
post #83 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyCakes_726 View Post
Make that four! 7/26 is my DS's birthday too.
I think there are five of us altogether...but three of us have sons born on July 26, 2005.
post #84 of 91
OP, you're a spring chicken. Honestly!

I hadn't even started my family at your age. Now I have three, bouncing, lively, healthy little kids. I may have a fourth, I am not sure yet. But I'm a far, far better mother than I'd have been at 25 or 35.

It always shocks me to hear people's attitudes to motherhood and age. I often hear it to my face, too, because I look a lot younger than I am. It makes me smile when people talk of 40 as 'old' for having children, or about how you don't have the energy or patience in your 40s. I have as much energy and a darned lot more patience now than I had at 20!! And I'm not unusual. Half the parents I know are in my age range. Times are changing, and 40 is no longer 'old' to have babies. My midwife tells me that she sees women my age with pregnancies almost as often as the young set these days.

So much of your age is to do with attitude. My parents are 70 and travel the world having adventures. India, Australia, Greenland, Cuba, Europe, Japan...........they've done it all. If someone told them they were 'too old' they'd laugh aloud. Life is what you make of it, and I"m not going to sit around getting old. That includes having children. If your life works out so that you want to make your family in your 30s, 40s or 50s, I say, go for it.
post #85 of 91
any time after menopause is too old unless you're talking adoption or suregacy.
post #86 of 91
..yeah, i would have to agree that after menopause would probably be too old... anytime before then your body is saying yes!

Had my 4th at 43 and wouldn't mind another....
post #87 of 91
a friend of mine had her first and only at 45. the pregnancy was hard on her but that was because she had a number of other medical issues to deal with as well. i think if you are healthy and feel up to it. why not?
post #88 of 91
I had my first in my 20s, and my second in my 30s. I have to ask those who waited until their 30s or 40s for their first...how hard is it for you to cope with the sleep deprivation stage? In most areas, I didn't find the decade between my first and second made much difference - but it was so much harder to deal with the lack of sleep in my 30s than in my 20s.
post #89 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
I had my first in my 20s, and my second in my 30s. I have to ask those who waited until their 30s or 40s for their first...how hard is it for you to cope with the sleep deprivation stage? In most areas, I didn't find the decade between my first and second made much difference - but it was so much harder to deal with the lack of sleep in my 30s than in my 20s.
I had my first when I was almost 36, and I didn't find the sleep-changes that hard. Especially once I got the hang of nursing while lying down, and no longer had to sit up for the night nursings. Of course, I'm sure it makes it easier that I'm a SAHM, and can rest with my babies if we've had a restless night.
post #90 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammal_mama View Post
I had my first when I was almost 36, and I didn't find the sleep-changes that hard. Especially once I got the hang of nursing while lying down, and no longer had to sit up for the night nursings. Of course, I'm sure it makes it easier that I'm a SAHM, and can rest with my babies if we've had a restless night.
I'm a SAHM, too. I was a WOHM in my 20s, and I still coped better with the sleep deprivation then than I did after dd. I always assumed it was an age thing, but it could have been something else.
post #91 of 91
I actually cope better with night-wakings now, than I did as a younger woman. Maybe there's something about becoming a mom, that frees us from the feeling that we're "entitled" to so many hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.

As a young, single woman, I used to shut off the ringer on my phone when I went to bed, because it was so annoying when people tried to call late at night. Now it's not such a big deal if that happens. Of course, it doesn't happen as much now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › How old is too old to have another babY?