Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving
1. How long have you been married?
2. Did your DH propose? If yes, how?
3. Did you have a traditional wedding/reception?
4. Are you residing in the same area that you grew up?
5. Do you keep in touch with childhood friends?
6. How did you meet your best friend?
1. Since July 2002, 5 years now.
2. Well he asked me to marry him sort of "unofficially" then we went ring shopping together. I totally loved that! He also asked my family for "permission" to marry me, also VERY cute. Then after he had the ring he took me to one of the highest points in Worcester, where we were going to college at the time in the evening so we could over look the city lights and then he asked me. VERY sweet.
3. VERY traditional, even actually I would say "posh and ritzie". We wanted a barefoot at the beach wedding where everyone showed up in shorts and t-shirts BUT after we realized who my family was and that they NEVER would come in anything but a suit so they would have really no fun at that sort of thing we changed gears. My parents really wanted to have everyone there since I am an only child, we said we could NOT afford that sort of thing and it really was not our cup of tea. After much dicussion we realized that it would be fun either way especially if our guests were having a good time. My parents basically paied for the whole thing since they wanted HUNDREDS of people there, it was a great way for me to get to know how everyone is related.
It was an amazing day, totally great party, live band. We got married at a huge mansion on an island in the middle of the bay in RI outside on a cliff overlooking the ocean. it was my hubbies Great Uncles home that he did all the landscaping at for years in HS, that was one of the only reasons he allowed us there, he is very priviate. It was beautiful and an experience for everyone!
4. Yes, about 1hr away from the home I grew up in. (Which we are awaiting a Purchase and Sale to be faxed TODAY! Then it will be sold.
) My Dad died in Jan 2005 VERY unexpectedly, he was not even outwardly sick, a massive Heart attack. My hubbie and I quit our jobs in Boston and moved in with my mom. We just bought a new home together about 1hr away and are selling her home. The new place is actually 2 homes, One smaller home for my mom and a huge place for us! It is great! (But if not for my dad dieing I HIGHLY doubt we would be anywhere near this area of the world.)
5. Not really. I have one that I talk to and really care about but the others have gone their separate ways.
6. I would say my hubbie is my best friend and we met in college first day, well he remembers the first day and I remember the second. We officially started dating about 5mths later and have been together ever since.
Originally Posted by AmyLaz
OMG I am craving veggie sushi all the time
, too! We went out for some two nights ago and I was in heaven
: I wish we could do that every night.
AHHH sushi!! My hubbie promised to bring some home either tomorrow or Friday depending upon which day he goes there for lunch!
Originally Posted by Oliversmommy
This is so fun!
1. Where do you plan on having this babe?
2. What do SAHMs do together in Greene, RI?
1. Hopefully at home. BUT it is hard to find a HB midwife in RI, I really need to import one from MA and I live about 1.25hrs from the nearest bigger city in MA where HB MWs practice. Admittedly I have not started making calls so I don't know how hard it will be. I know woman HB here so it must be possible just a bit more difficult to find someone than it would be for a Hospital birth.
2. That is a good question
. I am really new to the area and have not made any SAHM friends around here yet. I know I will once I start going out of the house a bit more, when this Morning Sickness subsides, I have been home most of the time since we moved her cause I am just too tired or ill to tote the babe out of the house for the day.
Originally Posted by zonapellucida
Hats off to EP.
1. What is your favorite season and why?
2. Have you always lived in RI?
3. Is your house tidy or "lived in"
1. Summer, Hot summer. I love the warm weather and sunshine, it just makes me HAPPY! Winter is horrible, I hate the cold. (I am just like my dad when it comes to that. It must be genetic.)
2. Nope, lived in Worcester, MA for 4years or so during college and right outside of Boston for a little more than a year. I also lived in Ireland for 2.5mths during a college senior design project, that was amazing, I love EUROPE
! Done alot of traveling in Europe (almost a year worth) and the US so the fact that I settled down close to where I grew up was a surprise.
3. LIVED IN!!!
Especially now that I am tired and feeling crappy all the time!