or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Frugality & Finances › Jan '08 Lower Income and/or Struggling Mama's Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jan '08 Lower Income and/or Struggling Mama's Support - Page 20

post #381 of 689
For those who want their stuff removed from the list -- send a PM to sandygirl. She has the list.
post #382 of 689
I have been missing reading here while nursing/pumping, even if I haven't been able to post much...I know rules are rules...but seemed like such a positive thing the needs/haves posts...and fundraising? I missed that unless....nevermind...I am just little confused....
post #383 of 689
I am confused. Is our list in the Giving section? Because I can't find it.
post #384 of 689
I'm just glad we're back, although I have to say my home looked amazing when this thread was offline!!!!
post #385 of 689
If you're confused, the best thing to do--and the best way to keep within the UA and keep the thread up--is to PM a moderator.
post #386 of 689
So glad to see you all again! I've been lurking and not posting, as the morning sickness has turned all day sickness has turned disaster....I've been lying around and puking alternately for days now....sucky. I started on Zofran today, so hopefully things are about to look up - I'm starving : but haven't been able to keep anything down.

Jaime - I don't think that there's a thread in giving yet. To my understanding, the mods PM'd the list to thystle and sandygirl and that's where it stands now...waiting for a decision from everyone as to what to do.

Quote:
If you do not want to host a thread in Giving or Swaps, then a Yahoo Group or Google Group would be another option.
Does anyone think we should set up a yahoogroup or googlegroup for sharing items? This would keep our exchanges private, but also take them off the boards. I think they're pretty easy to set up. I know that a major concern is that we'd like to exchange items amongst ourselves, without feeling like we're asking for charity. This could be facilitated with a private group.
post #387 of 689
I think the yahoo group would be a good idea.
post #388 of 689
a grateful: alex got a clean bill of health today at the doctors, we didnt confirm my pregnancy since we dont have the extra 50 dollars to pay for the lab pee sample/test. i think i will be going to the pregnancy resource center tomrrow to confirm. i dont know - have to talk it over with the dh. he didnt think i am pregnant earlier today but on our way home from the doc appointment he was joking aorund and was touching my chin and i freaking snapped at him and started crying asking him why he was playing with my "double chin" and he said HOLY $HIT u are pregnant how can u go from laughing to crying within a few seconds... right now we arent talking.....
post #389 of 689
http://groups.google.com/intl/en/goo...ur3/index.html Here's a tour of how google groups works

Yahoo works similarly, but is all through email.
post #390 of 689
A yahoo or google group sounds like a good solution. to everyone! We have our electricity back!! 5 days without it sucked. I had to throw out all of the food in the fridge & freezer! My grandparents brought us dinner (meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, milk, bread & butter!) last night & are bringing dinner over again tonight Such a treat to have a yummy dinner & not have to cook!
post #391 of 689
I am so lost.. what happened with our thread?
post #392 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivC View Post
I think the yahoo group would be a good idea.
: ITA! But would we have the main chat/discussion there too, or just things that don't belong on MDC? B/c the only problem I can see with a group would be, how will new mamas find the thread if nothing, or little, is on MDC about it? Hopefully someone can figure something out, b/c we had a great thing going here!
post #393 of 689
sandygirl I hope your DD is herself again soon!!!
And that's an awful place for those children to be! If I were you, I'd call CPS again, but also call the police. Not sure what it would do, but obviously something has to be done for them... They'll be in my thoughts.
post #394 of 689
Congrats on the grades, CaliMommie!
post #395 of 689
Payday is tomorrow, already paid all the bills online, except one I have to call in tomorrow.

It is just so depressing.

I wonder why eating so little for the past couple months hasn't made me skinny.

no, that's not my concern, just wondering out loud.

After paying bills, we have $40.

And we still don't have to pay auto insurance until April 29th, but have nowhere near what we'll need, and I don't foresee us having it by then to prepay the 6 months like we always have.

We also don't have to pay rent until May 1st, but again, once we do have to pay it again, I don't know how we will.

After bills, paying only minimum due now, we have $40, for food, gas, clothing, everything. Sigh. Certainly not $355 for rent.

I'm seriously considering closing my IRA, but that won't help long-term.

This is just so depressing.
post #396 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
: ITA! But would we have the main chat/discussion there too, or just things that don't belong on MDC? B/c the only problem I can see with a group would be, how will new mamas find the thread if nothing, or little, is on MDC about it? Hopefully someone can figure something out, b/c we had a great thing going here!
I'm a long-time lurker coming out of hiding to say I hope all of you stay here. Even though I don't post, I read the thread every day. ALL of you are a true source of inspiration to me!

It seems we have hit rock bottom financially this year and I have nowhere to turn.
post #397 of 689
ive set up yahoo groups before they are super easy to set up. there were some questions about mama in the singles forum who couldnt post much because of threats too.

sooo who is going to set it up?
post #398 of 689
I am so happy to see this back! I was looking for some mommy support yesterday and was so lost that we were gone.

I actually like yahoo groups, but I have never experimented with google.

My two year old had to go to the dr yesterday. He was having problems peeing, but it is just irritated skin so no tests were needed. I am so happy that we got out for $40. I didn't want him to be infected and have us ignore it. We found out that he is 36 pounds and 38 inches which is pretty cool.

I am getting really scared, there is a chance I might be pregnant. I am having a really hard time with my cycle coming back this time so it is around 6 weeks between cycles, I am feeling tired and sick this time. I am so nervous since I know we won't hear many people happy for us. It will be so hard. I keep thinking about what I am going to do for diapers since I switched when ds was 2 months so I have no smalls. I know if I am that I will come up with what I need, but it sure isn't fun. I threatened my husband that if I am not and he comes after me next month when my chart says I am fertile he is losing his little friend since other than money I am at the end of what I can handle. I can't imagine have a three year old, 18 month old and newborn since the first two are 18 months apart. Any hugs out there? Sorry about the whining, it is just sorta consuming me right now.
post #399 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel's Kitty View Post
I am so happy to see this back! I was looking for some mommy support yesterday and was so lost that we were gone.

I actually like yahoo groups, but I have never experimented with google.

My two year old had to go to the dr yesterday. He was having problems peeing, but it is just irritated skin so no tests were needed. I am so happy that we got out for $40. I didn't want him to be infected and have us ignore it. We found out that he is 36 pounds and 38 inches which is pretty cool.

I am getting really scared, there is a chance I might be pregnant. I am having a really hard time with my cycle coming back this time so it is around 6 weeks between cycles, I am feeling tired and sick this time. I am so nervous since I know we won't hear many people happy for us. It will be so hard. I keep thinking about what I am going to do for diapers since I switched when ds was 2 months so I have no smalls. I know if I am that I will come up with what I need, but it sure isn't fun. I threatened my husband that if I am not and he comes after me next month when my chart says I am fertile he is losing his little friend since other than money I am at the end of what I can handle. I can't imagine have a three year old, 18 month old and newborn since the first two are 18 months apart. Any hugs out there? Sorry about the whining, it is just sorta consuming me right now.
hugs mama

if i get a 2nd opinion on the pregnancy the ages will kinda be likes urs- my dd will be 3 in april ds turned one 2 months ago. - dd and ds are 19 months and 3 days apart. ds and possibly this baby will be 20 or 21 months apart.
post #400 of 689
mama,

Hope everything works out the way you want it to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel's Kitty View Post
I am so happy to see this back! I was looking for some mommy support yesterday and was so lost that we were gone.

I actually like yahoo groups, but I have never experimented with google.

My two year old had to go to the dr yesterday. He was having problems peeing, but it is just irritated skin so no tests were needed. I am so happy that we got out for $40. I didn't want him to be infected and have us ignore it. We found out that he is 36 pounds and 38 inches which is pretty cool.

I am getting really scared, there is a chance I might be pregnant. I am having a really hard time with my cycle coming back this time so it is around 6 weeks between cycles, I am feeling tired and sick this time. I am so nervous since I know we won't hear many people happy for us. It will be so hard. I keep thinking about what I am going to do for diapers since I switched when ds was 2 months so I have no smalls. I know if I am that I will come up with what I need, but it sure isn't fun. I threatened my husband that if I am not and he comes after me next month when my chart says I am fertile he is losing his little friend since other than money I am at the end of what I can handle. I can't imagine have a three year old, 18 month old and newborn since the first two are 18 months apart. Any hugs out there? Sorry about the whining, it is just sorta consuming me right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Frugality & Finances
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Frugality & Finances › Jan '08 Lower Income and/or Struggling Mama's Support