Originally Posted by hollytheteacher
Hi, i'm new to this thread. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Holly, I'm from Vermont and I have a wonderful DH and a 4 month old DS.
hi mama, welcome!
Originally Posted by swellmomma
I am definitely low income. Between compacting, the no spending thread, and decluttering hopefully I won't be struggling on that measly income. I am a single mom of 4, that just says it all doesn't it.
Hi! i've been wanting to check out compacting, and decluttering
see you there!
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Greatfuls for today:
1. Kids bounce. I had a pretty wretched day yesterday and I was not the world's nicest mommy.
: I can work on it, though, and hopefully they're not traumatized for life. They bounce.
2. The Feb 08 DDC, for sharing the love (and the ick
3. Bella's talking a lot more. I'm not sure if she's behind or on time or what, but I've been worried (she's not like her siblings
). It's still blurry and there aren't a lot of sentences, but she's picking up new words right and left.
4. A well-stocked fridge. Yay food stamps!
5. Floravital, for returning me to the status of "human being."
I'm sadly dysfunctional without it.
6. Flax seed oil, which has done wonders for my tapioca brain.
7. The luxury of thinking that the maternal-fetal medicine specialists following my pregnancy are a bit paranoid. I was thinking about this, because they want me to do all kinds of crazy things (like have non-stress tests every week?! and ultrasounds every two weeks
?!?!) now that the end of my pregnancy is approaching. It's a bit overreactive when it looks likely that the baby is G-6-PD deficient but nothing else. I mean the absolute worst case scenario, he's born a bit early and a bit small (and by 'a bit early' I mean before 38 weeks, not before 36), and develops a pretty raging case of jaundace in his first few weeks (not the normal physiologic sort, but from hemolytic anemia). Yeah, it's potentially really freaking dangerous, but the chances are really fantastic that even if he *is* G-6-PD deficient, he'll be totally fine at birth (and most of the time thereafter). Then I realized that this is what maternal-fetal medicine specialists do; They deal with that little tiny population of women and babies who experience the worst of the worst. The high-risk population exists, and I'm greatful not to be part of it.
8. Seamonkey's kidneys (the reason I am always referred to a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, at least for testing, in the first place) are fine and dandy.
BooBah's kidney issues are thankfully quite managable at this stage, but it was scary and a real PITA when she was teensy.
9. my internet friends really care about me. : This board and the good friends I've made playing the game not only provide me with my only social outlets; They've truly restored my faith in humanity. I've been an outsider and a wierdo my entire life, but the internet has allowed me to find other people who think the way I do, who feel the way I do, who understand me and, most importantly, who give a damn. I feel like people I've never heard or seen in real life know me better than those who do in a lot of cases, and I'm so floored especially by this thread and the Holiday Helpers; People who in some cases don't even know me all that well "by post," who've never chatted with me on aim, and who have still done amazing things for me and for my family.
10. BooBah's cough is a lot better already. She's still acting 'sick' (less active than usual, and less appetite-- BooBah is ALWAYS hungry when she's healthy, but tonight, for example, she skipped dinner) but she's clearly feeling a lot better than yesterday.
ITA...on all fronts. with the crazy specialists.....part of me wanted them to leave me alone, the other part was as obsessive as they were..needing to know all was well. it only lasted until she was born
Originally Posted by impossible
Hi, I'm new to the site and the thread.
I lurked a little bit in last months thread, and saw so much support and awesomeness that I was compelled to join in!
My name is Desiree and I'm a single mom to one. In October my now-ex signed a lease on a new townhouse with me... then walked out on me a couple of weeks later. I am now stuck with the townhouse, and scrimping and saving to afford it because after years of apartment living, the space and the yard are so awesome for my daughter. Giving it up and going back to a crappy apartment is not an option for me - things will be tight but I know we will be better off here.
Originally Posted by Brojakee
so I think I'll try and keep up on this thread, though I've lurked forever. My name is Tiffany I have 3 kids, 3 yr old b/g twins, and a one year old boy. My youngest son is always quite ill. My husband had his new girlfriend show up at my house and introduce herself to me and then he left with her with her immediately afterward. It was such a feeling of relief, and freedom, and new beginnings to be honest. He was never particularly nice, and my life has fallen into this beautiful place of me being able to do whatever i want.
I'm grateful today for:
My beautiful children, and a home that is happy now.My wonderful dog who was left in the bathroom of this home when we moved in.
New year, new possibilities...
Hi Tiffany....awwww....what a gift! (although the previous people really suck
) I had an "angel' dog for a long time.
Originally Posted by Thystle
I went and took the coat off the list.
Not sure about my chart. I am an Aries born in the year of the Dragon if that helps.
....me, too. triple....born in the year of the snake.
Originally Posted by gradmama
Hi Mamas! My computer died in the middle of finals week (of course
) so combined with the fact that it was finals week, I just couldn't keep up and i missed you all sooo much.
My girls and I had an awesome
: christmas thanks to our secret santa, the school's santa program, and my mother and her boyfriend. We actually spent the first Christmas EVER with my mama
:; actually, we spent five days with her - the most ever. So it was a pretty special Christmas. I hit the after Christmas sales for the first time ever, bought clothes for the kids and a new computer. I guess we will consider this a credit-building experience. I really am going to have to get a TAship this quarter or its going to be beyond tight, but that's life!
I'm really going to try to and keep up this month.....
So, I'm not a resolution mama 'cuz well, it doesn't seem productive for me, but I do have some reflections that i would like to share in the form of grats....
2007 has been quite possibly the best year ever.
1. Milestones included my graduation with my BA and admission to graduate school the same year I turned thirty.
2. My girls and I moved to a new town and it is going awesome in ways I didn't dare dream.
3. I am totally in love with one of my best friends ever...I am daring to dream that I might actually get to have love again and this is the most healthy and strong relationship I have ever had. May this long-distance relationship be not so long-distance in 2008 - I'm daring to hope for things....
4. I'm so blessed with some great friends and my family is starting to become closer as well.
5. I live in a paradise - I can look at mountains while smelling the ocean.
I really am just generally happier than I think I've ever been. I guess I'm afraid that 2008 couldn't possibly top this year - may it at least be on par.
Happy New Year mamas!! May it be a good one!
your post made me all teary. so good to see you!
Originally Posted by angelpie545
I'm so happy to find this thread! We are struggling so hard financially right now...sometimes we barely have enough to eat.
We are about $10,000 dollars into credit card debt on my side, and about the same on dh's side for back child support and medical bills. *sigh* Dh is paying his support and has a job, but I have a chronic illness so I cannot work and have to SAHM, which of course I don't mind....but I would like to work at least a little bit since my kids are old enough now. So...we are gluey stuck. My wonderful mother is helping me out by making the minimum payments on some of my credit cards, but I am so afraid because I know she cannot keep doing that forever.
hi mama! welcome
Originally Posted by SmilinGal
Originally Posted by canadiannancy
I need to join the decluttering for sure.
Yay for kids feeling better, and yay for babies doing good in utero!
Cool, I am in the next town over IRL, Hiss to the ex...and good luck in making it work for you and your daughter!
Oh mygosh! I just got home from the ER...must have jinxed myself by saying dd1 was keepign down fluids so she was ok, she started refusing fluids, and she hasn't eaten much in a month! So stoping drinking was not ok, we went to the hospital and dd1 had a heart rate of 177 and I had 190....she had lost almost 10 pounds and is down to 25 at the moment! We each of us waited hours but eventually got ivs, which made me bawl, she has never had an iV before and they poked her 4 times before they got a good vein! And she had bloodwork and chest xrays...my gosh I have never seen a baby so worked up! We are home now, and I am praying everyone starts feeling better soon! Oh....I had the same ER Dr who said I was miscarrying Callie in the spring...he remembered me, I told him my miscarriage was now 7 weeks old! He said it was a guarantee that I lost her...and all the nurses treated me like crap when I said we weren't vaccinated...
:SO much for being a constitutional right! I think I need to think on my greatfulls..I feel like poop...literally and my kids are sick and I am feeling very very low.
Originally Posted by LilMomma83
Well I lurked some last month, I think I may try to keep up this month though and post a little. I'm a stay at home/student mom to an 8mo and my DH has been unemployed for almost 3mos.
I have a little story from today....
I was so upset because my DH was insisting I make a certain thing for a new year's eve get together tonight and I was having to use money to purchase the ingredients when we don't even have money for basic groceries.
The whole time I was in the store I was avoiding people's eyes because I could feel tears about to spill out of my eyes (which was making it worse because I would be sooooooo embarressed to cry in a grocery store!) I was silently praying for miracle and after I checked out and didn't find money on the floor and no sweet old lady paid for my groceries I was actually really disapointed.
The second I got home my phone rang and it was our local WIC office telling me they could see me today instead of 2wks from now and they gave me checks and I'm just so happy and thankful - tomorrow we will have milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I did get my miracle
It's amazing how things work out sometimes...hang in there mamas!
Originally Posted by hsmomoffour
I hope I did this right, I have never replied to a thread before on any board.. If I didnt maybe someone can fix it?
May I jump in and join? I belong here. I feel like I know everyone because I am one of the "lurkers" the last couple of months... Ive only ever posted once before but my New Years goal was to put myself out there, so here I am!
I am holly (there seem to be quite a few holly's here!) sahm/student momma to a 13 ds, 11dd, 8 ds, and a 4 year old neice who lives with us. I am married, and homeschool as well. About as natural as you can get, except for when I cant be due to cost etc.
We are low income and struggle daily as well..in fact I dont know how we will make it to my next student loan check ( and it is so bad to have to depend on it isnt it? ) but something always happens to get us through. . I love my children to death, and have many many things to be grateful for. So all in all I just am lonely and need a place to fit. I so wish some of you moms lived in Michigan near me.. I would love to find someone like minded if you will, we seem to be floating around by ourselves in a sea of totally different views
there ARE a lot of Holly"s......and a lot of student mamas..me!
yup, 13 days until financial aid comes in. I have a stack of hungry bills just waiting for it!
good morning mamas! andHappy New Year!
we had so much fun skating last night! Edie really is so sweet
short rant....when we got home the young women upstairs were having a get together.....and someone had actually parked in my spot.
There are certain things i am okay with.....this would NOT be among them! I'm nice. I'll bake you cookies. I'll check your mail when you are away.I'll feed your cat....but I will not be nice if your yahoo buddies park in my spot
1. that bowl of Perky's nutty rice cereal! I forgot there was some left and I so didn't want to cook myself breakfast
2. the fact that we haven't been sick here. no colds or flu's. (knock on wood
3. having a little bit of money so i can pay the most crucial bills before they get shut off
4. mdc mamas......
its taken me over an hour to get this post finished! its going to be 'one of those days!'.....random, unfocused
i'll check in later