or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Page 7

post #121 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh the Irony View Post
Now I want to take the Bach classes.
There are oodles of fabulous trainings out there. I've done a couple as well as some certifications. I am completing another certification right now as part of my doctorate. It's alot of fun! Worth it too, it's so darned useful. It may also add alot to your work. In fact it would add to almost anybody's work!
post #122 of 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Most companies will allow you to design your own kit. As far as I know Alaskan Essences are good quality, but I have no experience with them myself.

Do you need holly? Are you feeling like you are lashing out, angry or rageful? I would almost always suggest adding cherry plum to holly, but only adding holly to cherry plum if you are having those specific holly issues...does that make sense?
Yes, it makes sense and yes I do lash out at my dh from time to time. Should I take the holly and cherry plum as maintenance or when I am feeling on the verge of rage?
post #123 of 1068
this thread has been so great. I put together some flower essences for my dh, me, and my dd1. I had never really known abt them b4.
post #124 of 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Yes and no I knew (or figured!) that he did consult Hilarion. Perhaps between that and hte fact that he is the grand-daddy of essences and elixirs and has a SUPER diet he doesn't need MAP!
OMG'ness! I won't tell DH he was referred to as the grand-daddy of essences and elixirs. He tries to not dwell on his age!
post #125 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
OMG'ness! I won't tell DH he was referred to as the grand-daddy of essences and elixirs. He tries to not dwell on his age!
:::::::: laugh::

Oh dear!!!! I *SO* meant something else!

I was talking more like grand master -not grand-paw! : Grand as in best...not eldest! HILARIOUS!!!!!!

It was a sign of respect as he holds the largest largest collection of essences-I swear! :
post #126 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfrozncavegrl View Post
Yes, it makes sense and yes I do lash out at my dh from time to time. Should I take the holly and cherry plum as maintenance or when I am feeling on the verge of rage?
hmmmmm. For me if it's a frequent occurance I would take it daily until it's not. The idea (in my mind) is to take away the tendency to go to anger. Definitely take it in the moment!

I take certain essences almost "constitutionally." I won't tell you which ones : Seriously though. I almost always take a bit of aspen in my blends and it's rare that I don't have impatiens or chamomile in there too.
post #127 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
this thread has been so great. I put together some flower essences for my dh, me, and my dd1. I had never really known abt them b4.
Excellent! Let us know how you like it and what you experience if you are comfortable sharing!
post #128 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Serial posting!!!!!

I had to share my experience recently.

I tried a Starlight Elixir for the first time. I have been taking Mercury Retrograde for maybe a week and a half now. It has been so cool. My computer hasn't shut down since I've been taking it. I haven't had any issues with communication and even things which seemed like they were going to really be an issue just weren't.

It was so amazing that I shared with 2 friends who are now ordering their own. 1 of them drove into NYC during rush hour (am) and back again during rush hour that nights. She hit no traffic either time and found what she needed with no problems. She is thrilled and described the elixir as being "soft." It totally is. It tastes and feels different than a flower essence.

The other friend is a doctor who gives presentations and does workshops internationally. She left this past weekend for a relatively big event. This is the *best* story in my mind. She lost her ID on the way. No idea where, it was gone. She called each place she had stopped and...nothing. She *had* to be on the flight. She had a bottle I mixed of Mercury Retrograde with her and kept taking it. They kept ushering her through and she GOT ON THE PLANE *WITHOUT* HER ID. Do you know how impossible that is today? She said she felt the elixir was antidoting all the problems along the way and allowed smooth passage. She was thrilled.

I just heard today about their experiences and had to share.

I took my bottle to a meeting today (people I know quite well) and made them all take a drop before we began! I love it! I can't wait to decide which ones will be next!

http://shopnow.secureonlinecart.com/...bcf&affiliate=

They also have booklets that are VERY informative. They are excellent primers and I highly recommend them. I have been loving poring over the Starlight Elixirs book (instead of schoolwork ) It's a fabulous reference to have-especially for those just starting out.

http://shopnow.secureonlinecart.com/...bcf&affiliate=

These are a great place to start since this site has pretty much any essence you'd ever want to think about.
post #129 of 1068
Wow, it seems like there are so many essences, i thought part of Bach;s idea was to have something that wassimpler and more gneralized than homeopthy that covered everything. What do you all think abou that? Also you all seem to take alot without seconthoughts. The book I read said that "less is more."

I gave my dd star of bethlehem and olive. there was another one i couldnt find that i wanted. and i made a mix of 6 ffor my dh ut i cant find the list and i dont remember all of them. (maybe i need some mercury retrograde )

for myself just the one with a "c" for listening to your own intuition better .

how long should we all take them for?

Also, I didnt mix with alcohol just bottled water. Do you think that is okay?

Also again, can anyone recomend for my dd2? She is 2 yo and is afraid (just for like a week now) to go to sleep. I moved my 2 girls into their own room b/c she stopped being willing to nurse in my room. That worked fora few days but then stopped and I would take her for a walk in the wrap. Last night she woke up when i put her down and would not nurse and fel asleep with her head on my chest while i sat at the computer. okay part vent part description. She just cried if we lie down, says "up, up" and tries to lift me.

thank you!
post #130 of 1068
Subbing
post #131 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
Wow, it seems like there are so many essences, i thought part of Bach;s idea was to have something that wassimpler and more gneralized than homeopthy that covered everything. What do you all think abou that? Also you all seem to take alot without seconthoughts. The book I read said that "less is more."
They still are far more simple than homeopathy. They act differently. They are not technically homeopathic in nature, though they do rely on the law of similars. They are not prepared in the same way as homeopathics or do not require hte depth of knowledge that homeopathy does. Bach passed away before many of these essences were discovered, so it's hard to say what he would have thought. I think that you *can* treat most anything with Bach's original essences, but you can be much more specific if you expand your repertoire. In my mind it's the difference between buying a dress off the rack and having one custom made. It's still a dress, but one is going to be a better fit-KWIM?

Less *is* more in my mind. I use only a couple of drops of each essence in the blends. I do take them whenever I feel the need though. If an situation goes deeper it requires a different approach-at least that is how I see it. I am by no means the end all be all authority though.

Like anything I do believe that you have the potential for creating imbalance if you take too much. However as long as you still feel the emotion it is my belief that you haven't hit that point. Like anything once the need is no longer there you should stop taking the essence or elixir or whatever.

You don't need to add a preservative to your blend if you use it in 2-3 weeks...some say as long as a month. It needs it if you want to keep it in your purse or bag indefinitely.
post #132 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
\

Also again, can anyone recomend for my dd2? She is 2 yo and is afraid (just for like a week now) to go to sleep. I moved my 2 girls into their own room b/c she stopped being willing to nurse in my room. That worked fora few days but then stopped and I would take her for a walk in the wrap. Last night she woke up when i put her down and would not nurse and fel asleep with her head on my chest while i sat at the computer. okay part vent part description. She just cried if we lie down, says "up, up" and tries to lift me.

thank you!

Hmmm, I can suggest some essences, certainly, but I think you may not want to discount the fact that she may be getting sick. Often times kiddos won't want to lie down if they are coming down with a cold because their heads get too full. That was my first thought.

Why do you think she's afraid? Has she told you that?

What do you mean that she stopped being willing to nurse in your room? Kiddos often have ebbs and flows in their behaviors. Did she just finish a growth spurt? 2 is a major developmental milestone. It could be a phase. Was she wanting to nurse elsewhere? What was going on?

Beyond that she may just not be ready. Two is *very* young to be apart from mama. That's not a judgment, just an observation. If you'd like her to stay in that room then you could try walnut, aspen, white chestnut, and maybe chicory. Do watch her and make sure she isn't coming down with something though. It is also possible if she does that she is attempting to manifest a way to be back with you...for what it's worth. I might also think about clematis which can be used at the onset of illness.
post #133 of 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post

I had to share my experience recently.
Interesting feedback FF, thank you!

I have just switched starlight elixirs. I had been taking several to calm fears I have had. And after a couple of weeks taking them, then some time to assimilate the energies, the fears really have gone. The issues are still there somewhat, but they aren't consuming me with fear and they no longer seem so daunting. So I have now moved on to a couple of combination starlight elixirs and a single star elixir. I am taking:

Manifestation which will help allow space for more in my life, the elixir includes Sulcorebutia Cactus, Annabergite, Metashoderite, Spangolite. Vesuvianite, White Quartz, Giedi, Jupiter, Luna, Scheat. This is a combo of flowers, gems and stars.

Forgiveness to help me forgive myself for past issues and to prevent me from serially making these "mistakes". The elixir includes Nodding Onion, Silversword, Ruby, El Nath, M22. Again flowers, gems and stars.

I am also taking Mirzam (Accepting Miracles) to accept the "magical" in my life.

I am also about to embark on a cleansing/weight reduction cycle tomorrow, so am going to start a combo essence to assist this.

ETA: DH is also taking these elixirs with me, except for the weight reduction combo.
post #134 of 1068
ff - no she is not coming down with anything. i think she is afraid of the dark. she does not want me to turn the light off. (she is only away from me untill I go to bed, then i bring her in with me. beleive me, i know 2 is young i moved her and her 4 1/2 yr old sister out of my bed together. not this thread or even this board, but it is hard to know what is a good time to move them out when everyone else IRL is not cosleeping) . she will nap in her sister's bed with the light on. wont let me turn it off. .

i wanted to give my dd1 walnut with olive and star of bethlehem i am taking cerato and my dh is supposed to be taking agrimony beech crabapple hornbeam and willow. I coulnt find walnut and hornbeam in my MIL's stash, maybe i will post something on a locallist to see if anyone has them.
post #135 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Okay, I didn't realize that you weren't expecting her to spend the night in there.
Regardless it would be your choice, I just have a hard time finding the right essences for things I consider to be biological norms, KWIM? I mean if you are starving a flower essence isn't going to help that much.

I'd say aspen, walnut and star are the most important. Why olive?

There are others too that are coming up-unless you want to stick with Bach's?
post #136 of 1068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
Interesting feedback FF, thank you!

I have just switched starlight elixirs. I had been taking several to calm fears I have had. And after a couple of weeks taking them, then some time to assimilate the energies, the fears really have gone. The issues are still there somewhat, but they aren't consuming me with fear and they no longer seem so daunting. So I have now moved on to a couple of combination starlight elixirs and a single star elixir. I am taking:

Manifestation which will help allow space for more in my life, the elixir includes Sulcorebutia Cactus, Annabergite, Metashoderite, Spangolite. Vesuvianite, White Quartz, Giedi, Jupiter, Luna, Scheat. This is a combo of flowers, gems and stars.

Forgiveness to help me forgive myself for past issues and to prevent me from serially making these "mistakes". The elixir includes Nodding Onion, Silversword, Ruby, El Nath, M22. Again flowers, gems and stars.

I am also taking Mirzam (Accepting Miracles) to accept the "magical" in my life.

I am also about to embark on a cleansing/weight reduction cycle tomorrow, so am going to start a combo essence to assist this.

ETA: DH is also taking these elixirs with me, except for the weight reduction combo.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine. We were conspiring together to order some elixirs. I have my eye on several, but listening to you talk always changes my mind! I'll be adding the Mizram to our list. Forgiveness also sounds like a great one for me. Thanks!

BTW-Starry Rescue is HIGH on that list! Thanks for talking about that one way back!
post #137 of 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
BTW-Starry Rescue is HIGH on that list! Thanks for talking about that one way back!
I love Zeta Cygni. For kids and "everyday" usage, Calming Spray, works like a charm!
post #138 of 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Okay, I didn't realize that you weren't expecting her to spend the night in there.
Regardless it would be your choice, I just have a hard time finding the right essences for things I consider to be biological norms, KWIM? I mean if you are starving a flower essence isn't going to help that much.

I'd say aspen, walnut and star are the most important. Why olive?

There are others too that are coming up-unless you want to stick with Bach's?
i have access to bach's that is my reason for preference. (practical no? ) olive for exhaustion. and i dont remember what else. my dd's mantra whenever she gets upset is "i dont have any energy" (okay egerny)
she has even said "you made me upset and now i dont have any egerny."
post #139 of 1068
Thread Starter 
It seems like it's less about exhaustion and more about her shutting down when stressed. Olive isn't really an "I'm too tired" remedy, it's more of a no reserves left. It's frequently used to recover after a debilitating illness. I have seen kiddos given olive before, but IME it was in pretty dire circumstances where there was just no vitality. My dd was given olive when she wouldn't wake up as an infant (along with other things.) I gave someone olive who was recovering from Lyme Disease and literally couldn't get up enough strength to eat or shower.

Hornbeam is more the "I'm too tired to clean up or do what you say, I'm stressed out and everything feels overwhelming and I'm going to shut down" essence. *I* think it fits better here. Hornbeam will get exhausted, but if you then say, "hey, do you want to go bake cookies?" (or some other enjoyable activity) they will immediately get their pep back. Fun things bring them back to life. I just haven't heard olive in your description-but if you feel called to it there may be a reason.

I would also definitely add chicory were it my child.
post #140 of 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
It seems like it's less about exhaustion and more about her shutting down when stressed. Olive isn't really an "I'm too tired" remedy, it's more of a no reserves left. It's frequently used to recover after a debilitating illness. I have seen kiddos given olive before, but IME it was in pretty dire circumstances where there was just no vitality. My dd was given olive when she wouldn't wake up as an infant (along with other things.) I gave someone olive who was recovering from Lyme Disease and literally couldn't get up enough strength to eat or shower.

Hornbeam is more the "I'm too tired to clean up or do what you say, I'm stressed out and everything feels overwhelming and I'm going to shut down" essence. *I* think it fits better here. Hornbeam will get exhausted, but if you then say, "hey, do you want to go bake cookies?" (or some other enjoyable activity) they will immediately get their pep back. Fun things bring them back to life. I just haven't heard olive in your description-but if you feel called to it there may be a reason.

I would also definitely add chicory were it my child.

i'll read on it. thanks. you've given me what to think abt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread?