or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › ***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 2

post #21 of 712
I just did the math a couple of minutes ago and realized that Desmond is still nursing 11 times a day, eek! Tell me I'm not alone here...

I just told DH that he is responsible for Desmond's first waking for the moment. Since he normally nurses less then 5 minutes and is back asleep, I am going to be a mean Mommy and see if DH can get him to go back to sleep without the nursing. Since if he can then maybe we can get him to sleep through to his second waking, which would be a nice 5 hour sleep period! I am not extremely hopeful, but maybe it will work, if he gets too upset I'll nurse him as usual.

Desmond had Indian for dinner tonight and loved it, he enjoyed his peas (first time having peas), potatoes, cauliflower and paneer and naan and curry and other spices. It was fun watching him eat. Of course his diaper is now stained with curry since he got it everywhere.
post #22 of 712
just catching up quick...
post #23 of 712
Yeah the whole DH taking care of him after first wake up so didn't work. He was quite unhappy with the solution and let us know it, even though he never woke up. Sigh so I nursed him and within 5 minutes he was soundly back asleep and off the boob. I really don't mind nursing him at night I just really wish we could get rid of one or two of the night nursings that are under 5 minutes each since I end up awake for 15 to 20 minutes around them.
post #24 of 712
Happy New Year, everyone! :
post #25 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Yeah the whole DH taking care of him after first wake up so didn't work. He was quite unhappy with the solution and let us know it, even though he never woke up. Sigh so I nursed him and within 5 minutes he was soundly back asleep and off the boob. I really don't mind nursing him at night I just really wish we could get rid of one or two of the night nursings that are under 5 minutes each since I end up awake for 15 to 20 minutes around them.
I hear ya! Although I'm not finding it too bad with Arlo, I was going crazy when Finn was this age and we tried the same thing getting dp to soothe him for a 4 hour stretch. Finn was not happy about it either, but I did get a couple of four hour stretches of sleep, once or twice a week, which helped a lot.
This too shall pass....right??
A
post #26 of 712
Happy new year!!!
Caroline is 8 months old !! she is pulling up to standing, still wobbly though.
She is TALKING!! she says both HI and BYE and waves! i am totally floored by that dd1 was talking at 1 really well, but 8 months is crazy!!!!
post #27 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Happy new year!!!
Caroline is 8 months old !! she is pulling up to standing, still wobbly though.
She is TALKING!! she says both HI and BYE and waves! i am totally floored by that dd1 was talking at 1 really well, but 8 months is crazy!!!!


I bet that's so cute!
post #28 of 712
Happy New Year!!! No resolutions here. I have never kept them. So, now I just don't make them

I also was asleep before the ball dropped. I was not intending to be though. We (the kids and I) went to a Vanderbilt basketball game with my parents and then to a ice carving exhibition (which was freezing). On our way home I stopped by the liquior store (here, they only sell beer in the grocery - everything else comes from a liquior store) and got a bottle pf champange and was ready to go home and have a couple of drinks and ring in the New Year. Well, dh was barely awake when I got home at 7:30. He had woke up at 4am and looked out the window to see a pony strolling around in our lawn. This was so odd since we don't have ponies or horses and our neighbor (1/4 mile away) doesn't either. After living in the city, I found the pony wandering in the yard to be pretty intriging and so did dh. So, he couldn't go back to sleep and decided to go deer hunting (which is more deer watching than anything). This is why he was barely awake. Anyway, I fell asleep at 11:30. Oh well, I did that last year too

Finnsmama - that is such an adorable picture of the boys.

Debstmommy - you family pics are gorgeous

Wanderinggypsy - It is good to see you again
post #29 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
: mm, you know who to call about those...you know. sorry about the budget. I've spent quite a bit too- although I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now, so I don't really feel the need to buy any more.
hehe, you're spared, I sold 2 on DS. A Mutt and a camo GM. Future GM's will only be velour since her prints don't hold up well. It was faded after one wash

But no more. I have to learn to be stash happy
post #30 of 712
Just got caught up reading. Will be back in a bit to post more (and pump too)
post #31 of 712
Happy New Year!

I have finally managed to get our Christmas pictures uploaded. I have no problem getting them on the computer...It is putting them on the website that seems so mentally daunting -- so I procrastinate

Here is a slideshow of Micah's First Christmas. The password is "stocking", and the tree should be the first picture....If it is not, just click reverse order in the bottom right hand corner.

Well, we got our first "snow" in a while (I want to say years....but my memory sucks these days...)....and now I have a ligitimate reason to use the : smilie. Of course, all the "yankees" around here would probably laugh. Especially doudat with your pics of snow half way up the window. We got a whole 1/4 of an inch
post #32 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
I hear ya! Although I'm not finding it too bad with Arlo, I was going crazy when Finn was this age and we tried the same thing getting dp to soothe him for a 4 hour stretch. Finn was not happy about it either, but I did get a couple of four hour stretches of sleep, once or twice a week, which helped a lot.
This too shall pass....right??
A

It shall pass, but it would be nice for it to pass sooner rather then later . That being said, I am an insomniac and don't need a lot of sleep anyways, so it isn't a huge deal, just annoying. DH lets me sleep in on weekends too, so i do get a few periods of 3 to 4 hours straight which helps a ton.

On that note Desmond did sleep from 4am till either 7:30am or 9:30am, yes I am not sure which one, but I know that I was up at 7:30, I just can't remember if I nursed him before I fell back asleep (and woke up DH to go to work) or if he just kept sleeping till 9:30.


I am so happy I get to go to the dentist tomorrow and hopefully he'll fill my cavity while I'm there, popped cavities suck! So I hope he doesn't just do a cleaning and make me come back in a few days to fill it, because it is really annoying and needs to be filled.
post #33 of 712
Micah has been doing marathon nursing sessions at night (I guess to make up for the time he misses while I am at work ), so I so understand your "pain"....It is frustrating for me when I am trying to go to sleep to have him latched on. It used to not bother me at all, but now I would rather wait for my mental shut down first.
post #34 of 712
post #35 of 712
Love Liam's and Romi's pictures!


And I'm not a yankee, but as a midwestern prairie girl I am laughing at the 1/4 inche of snow. It was 1 below F today when I left for work (15 below windchill) and is suppose to get up to 10 degrees!

And the pictures of the dome make me really want to go to the Omaha zoo.
post #36 of 712
Micah is so adorable!! And I love that you did the whole cookies and milk for santa... We wanted to and just forgot.
And what a cool wooden activity center!!
post #37 of 712

Vent ahead!

This is totally off-topic, but I need to talk about it...
So dp says he talked to his dad today and he and his wife think we should have Finn tested for autism: because of his speech:
I mean he isn't really talking in full sentences, but he says some sentences and repeats many (if not all) words he hears.
Now I'm all freaked out and have been checking for other signs. Like what, I have no idea! He is very busy and doesn't really play that well with other kids yet, but I thought that was developmentally normal. Gah!
Honestly, the in-laws see him maybe 6 times a year and always at busy family gatherings, which are not the best places for a toddler in general (or so I thought). Dp says to just ignore it, but I can't help feeling really freaked now...
Okay, rant over...
A
post #38 of 712
Also, Micah is a real cutie Shydaisi!

And doudat, I love Romi's pink padraigs! I just lost one of Arlo's:
post #39 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
This is totally off-topic, but I need to talk about it...
So dp says he talked to his dad today and he and his wife think we should have Finn tested for autism: because of his speech:
I mean he isn't really talking in full sentences, but he says some sentences and repeats many (if not all) words he hears.
Now I'm all freaked out and have been checking for other signs. Like what, I have no idea! He is very busy and doesn't really play that well with other kids yet, but I thought that was developmentally normal. Gah!
Honestly, the in-laws see him maybe 6 times a year and always at busy family gatherings, which are not the best places for a toddler in general (or so I thought). Dp says to just ignore it, but I can't help feeling really freaked now...
Okay, rant over...
A

hugs i think right now he is pretty normal if its just speech and in a crowded over stimulated situation they can not be judge of him!! there are some really good list out there to see what might be autism signs and what isn't.also anyone can have speech problems and be shy and i think alot of people confuse that with autism now. everything will be ok, ignore them all!!
if you weren't worried before they said something then he is fine!!! if you were worried maybe talk to his dr but i think he sounds pretty normal like an alomst 3 year old
post #40 of 712
picture time for us too!!!
Christmaspics

stitches
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › ***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!***