How to Wash Your Hair Without ShampooSteps
1. Before showering, combine one tablespoon baking soda with one cup warm or hot water in a plastic bottle. Shake it for a moment and put it aside.
2. Combine one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with one cup water in another plastic bottle.
3. Shower. Wet hair and slowly pour the baking soda mix onto your hair. Massage your scalp for a few minutes. You will probably not feel the baking soda, but it's there. Briefly work through the rest of your hair. Rinse.
4. Apply the ACV solution. Massage into scalp, and follow with a cool rinse. The cool water closes the cuticles and cuts down on frizzes.
* This will work best if you wait a few days after your last hair washing. Your hair may also have to go through a "detox" period of greasy hair which can last a week or two. During this time your hair is getting rid of old shampoo build-up. Be patient.
* ACV, of course, smells like vinegar. Don't worry though; once you have rinsed your hair the smell will go away. If it doesn't, you are using too much ACV.
* You don't have to condition your hair every time you wash.
* Don't be afraid to experiment and do what works best for you.
* Baking soda is also known as bicarbonate of soda. It is sold in most supermarkets, health food stores and similar places.
* Your hair may go through a transition period of up to two weeks, but if you can get past that, your hair will look and feel great!