Update x 2
1. Buy diaper pins - Ordered Online. Should be here in two weeks.
2. MAKE AND FREEZE FOOD – Soups, stews, casseroles, healthy "cookies," pancakes and cornbread. Almost done. Made a LOT of chilli last night. Throwing it in freezer tonight. Need to make the rest of the stuff though.
3. Make a LOT of cat food. DONE
4. Buy disposable incontinence pads for the birth. - DONE
5. Hand-write notices refusing eye-goop and Vitamin K shot. - Not yet.
6. Buy or make nursing pads. - I'm just going to buy them. I'll do this tonight. Having trouble finding some made in Canada that aren't disposable.
7. Hem blankets from flannel that Gramma sent (it’s so pretty!!) - Cut, but not hemmed yet.
8. WASH all of the baby clothes and diapers I have, plus the handed-down afghan blanket. - DONE. My goodness that took a long time, we used the nice laundromat four blocks away. Watching the smile spread across DH's face while he folded tiny shirts and sleepers and booties was SO worth it though.
9. Buy fitted crib sheets, wash them – wait until after the shower. - Done. They are on the crib. Made in Canada!
10. Buy mattress cover for crib - wait until after the shower. - Done. Got one for my shower.
11. Make “sidecar bridge” blanket for under baby and mommy to catch diaper spills and nursing leaks. - DONE. I could add a rainbow ribbon trim to it if I want to get fancy.
12. Buy a lot of baking soda, bulk, for washing diapers, buy extra laundry soap too . - DONE
13. Buy or make a “wet” diaper bag for walks and wanderings. - Not yet.
14. Stock-up on bulk staples. Flour, cornmeal, oatmeal, dry beans, sugar, lactation tea, canned tomatoes, potatoes, etc. - ALMOST DONE. Just need a few more things.
CAR SEAT - DONE. Bought one at an evil big box store. It's the only one we will ever need, good until the kid is in college. My midwife said she couldn't discharge me from the hospital unless we had one. That's in case we are transfered there for the birth.
Adding so I can keep track myself:
15. Buy a breast pump. Not yet. I'm going to wait and see if I actually need one. I can try manually expressing too, I like that idea better than a machine... I won't be going back to work, so I can be on booby duty... I just wanted to give DH a chance to feed the babe.
16. Finish reading The Vaccine Book and decide on a vax plan. Almost. I know what we don't want. I will have a 2 month reading window before I need to go in for the first "well baby" visit.
17. Pack a bag in case we transfer to hospital. Not yet. Gotta do this.
18. Take pregnant photos, Black and White, couple, and sepia. Done this weekend, BUT I noticed after shooting the entire roll of black and white film that my shutter speed was on 60. ARGH! I'm getting them done in an hour right now, but I know they will all be half blacked-out. We will have to re-do them. Not happy!!
19. Sew the fabric diaper wipes together and top-turn. (they are already cut, just need to be sewn together. DONE
20. Mix together an energy drink using teas, pedialyte, honey, etc, and freeze it for labour. I really dislike Gatorade. I think I will need some new ice-cube trays to use though, since I’m not comfortable with plastic. Not yet
21. Mix together an herbal bath bag for post-delivery soaks. Not yet
22. Buy a present for the midwife Not yet
23. Buy announcement cards. DONE. Bought stationary and envelopes. Will make our own on the computer.
24. Buy, write and send thank-you cards for the gifts we received. DONE
25. Buy 2 binders and a lot of letter-sized transparent pockets to keep scraps and cards and such. One for baby stuff, the other for my career stuff so I can look back on it later in an organized way. DONE
26. Learn to use my new digital camera…. Am a long-time film shooter and I’ve held-out until now. I need to know how to use this new device well, and make sure it is up to par. Almost.