or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › Clorox Announces New Green Line!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clorox Announces New Green Line!

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008...reen-works.php

"First they acquired Burt's Bees; now, Clorox is throwing its hat into the green cleaning ring with the launch of Green Works, a line of "natural" green cleaners designed to compete with the likes of Seventh Generation and method. Unveiled today, Green Works is the first such effort from a major consumer products company, and there's a pretty interesting story behind it all.

"

Its a step forward, thats for sure. I may even try some of them out and review them on MDC. Very cool that they are at the very least trying. And I can't fault them too much for having that 1% unnatural preservative as the more natural you go, the more preservative you typically need. Though I wonder if they couldn't find something more natural and less petroleum based to do it.......
Interesting article nonetheless!
post #2 of 37
Thanks for posting about this! I didn't know. I'll look at it as a positive, as well. It will bring green products even more mainstream. I also like it because right now I can buy the "bad" cleaners for $.50 each with coupons, but can't ever afford the
"good" cleaners. Maybe the green products will be more accessible to poor people.
post #3 of 37
certainly a step in the right direction, although i'm pretty sure they still test on animals, so i won't be buying their products.
post #4 of 37
I hope they're available in Canada. I have the hardest time finding all the green cleaners etc that are sold in the USA.
post #5 of 37
Thanks for posting. Do you know when these will come available to the public?

Kristy
Mom to Rebecca (13) and David (3)
post #6 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by loitering View Post
Thanks for posting about this! I didn't know. I'll look at it as a positive, as well. It will bring green products even more mainstream. I also like it because right now I can buy the "bad" cleaners for $.50 each with coupons, but can't ever afford the
"good" cleaners. Maybe the green products will be more accessible to poor people.
I bought all the cleaners today and will review them one by one on my blog:

www.findingmywaytosimplicity.blogspot.com

I got all of them for $13. They have them on sale at Krogers (with your Krogers Card) for 2/$5
post #7 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy555 View Post
Thanks for posting. Do you know when these will come available to the public?

Kristy
Mom to Rebecca (13) and David (3)
I bought them today and will be reviewing them on my blog:

www.findingmywaytosimplicity.blogspot.com
post #8 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfum View Post
certainly a step in the right direction, although i'm pretty sure they still test on animals, so i won't be buying their products.
Their Green line does NOT test on animals! Though Im sure the non-green stuff they still do!
post #9 of 37
I saw them today! I can't wait to read the reviews!
post #10 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitBaby View Post
I saw them today! I can't wait to read the reviews!
I already reviewed one today. Tomorrow we will review the Glass and Surface Cleaner!
I did love the smell btw....yum!
post #11 of 37
There has been some chatter about this line over in Natural Home and Body Care. I think it's a good thing to make products that are much less harmful for the planet at a reasonable cost and that are widely available. I picked up some of this line at Kroger (like a PP mentioned) at 2 for $5. We'll see how it goes.

Things like GreenWorks and Method and Mrs. Meyer's aren't perfect but aren't they better than the alternative that most of the people who buy those lines would use? I think so.

So when's Target going to get it???
post #12 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyErin View Post
There has been some chatter about this line over in Natural Home and Body Care. I think it's a good thing to make products that are much less harmful for the planet at a reasonable cost and that are widely available. I picked up some of this line at Kroger (like a PP mentioned) at 2 for $5. We'll see how it goes.

Things like GreenWorks and Method and Mrs. Meyer's aren't perfect but aren't they better than the alternative that most of the people who buy those lines would use? I think so.

So when's Target going to get it???
Yeah I got them there and am reviewing them on my blog. I like them so far...they work as well as my Vinegar, Lemon/Orange, Salt and Baking Soda! So far anyway.
I dont know if Target will get them or not! Have to check into that. Im curious as well since they are currently sporting the more expensive Method. I also am curious if the good sale on the Clorox is only temporary and it will mark up a bunch once they are done marketing it?
I love Mrs. Meyers!
post #13 of 37
i bought some of the all purpose cleaner. i havent had a chance to use it yet... when i saw it in the store i was excited. lol.
post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_Mother View Post
Yeah I got them there and am reviewing them on my blog. I like them so far...they work as well as my Vinegar, Lemon/Orange, Salt and Baking Soda! So far anyway.
I dont know if Target will get them or not! Have to check into that. Im curious as well since they are currently sporting the more expensive Method. I also am curious if the good sale on the Clorox is only temporary and it will mark up a bunch once they are done marketing it?
I love Mrs. Meyers!
I'd still feel safer using vinegar,lemon/orange, salt and baking soda.

I won't be able to use the new Clorox products. Petroleum in them and fragrance.

But I agree that for some people, it may be a better choice than regular mainstream cleaning products.

I'm still sad that Burt's Bees belongs to them now. I won't buy Burt's Bees anymore, because I will be afraid of what Clorox might put in the products and label it "natural." Natural can mean a lot of things and doesn't always mean harmless.

Oh well.
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
But I agree that for some people, it may be a better choice than regular mainstream cleaning products.
Here's to hoping in the next incarnation of green cleaning products on the mainstream market, there will be even better alternatives. Just a few years ago, there was no Method, Mrs. Meyer's, or GreenWorks. Maybe in a few more years, there will be stuff with no artificial preservatives at all!

Keeping my fingers crossed ...
post #16 of 37
I'll have to pick some up the next time I need some new cleaners! ::
post #17 of 37
Slightly OT, but has anyone seen the Clorox commercial where they are talking about how safe it is? There's a part in the commercial where a woman sprays the lip of her trash can with clorox and her tv daughter rubs her bare arm in it as she's putting something in the trash! My mom and I were like ???

No bleaching babies, ty.
post #18 of 37
Vinegar, salt, baking soda and essential oils are still cheaper. Besides, I can buy a bottle of Biokleen All Purpose Cleaner that makes 25 gallons of cleaner for less than $8.

I'll stick w/that and not support a mega-corporation, thank-you-very-much.
post #19 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Curious View Post
Vinegar, salt, baking soda and essential oils are still cheaper. Besides, I can buy a bottle of Biokleen All Purpose Cleaner that makes 25 gallons of cleaner for less than $8.

I'll stick w/that and not support a mega-corporation, thank-you-very-much.
I agree its much cheaper! I bought it mainly for reviewing for others (i.e. more commercially minded people who wont go crunchy for $$ and laziness reasons) and will probably use them up now that I have them. But I do have high hopes that maybe some of those less inclined to use green products may at the very least try this premixed solution. It may cost more, but to some it may be worth it to not mix (though I dont think vinegar and water mixing is an awfully tedious process - LOL!)
post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamavegan View Post
Slightly OT, but has anyone seen the Clorox commercial where they are talking about how safe it is? There's a part in the commercial where a woman sprays the lip of her trash can with clorox and her tv daughter rubs her bare arm in it as she's putting something in the trash! My mom and I were like ???

No bleaching babies, ty.
Yeah that is pretty terrible. How about the one where she prays the baby's high chair with the baby in it...you know that child just inhaled half that spray!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › Clorox Announces New Green Line!