I realized I need to post some added rules for my game, just because there are situation that are going to come up.
1) DH picking something up in Robinson (complex where he works) = spend, but no car (I save about 16 miles if he picks something up at target or drops something off at the post office.) Any other place counts as a drive day, even if I'm not driving, as it's out of his way.
2) Laundry quarters count for spend on the day I get the quarters, not the day I used them
3) Going "along" with DH to something he has to go to does NOT count as a car day for me (ie. Work functions, etc.) Going somewhere he does NOT have to go counts as a car day, even if it's *his* car (which I really can't drive easily).
4) Rent, utilities, charity, 529, insurance, phone, cable/internet do NOT count as spend days. These are pretty set in stone. ALL other purchases, including groceries, baby supplies, gas, etc. ARE spend, and will be divided into "within budget"
:accordingly. Exceptions will be taken on a case by case basis (ie...car repairs over budget would be necessary
, new jeans, not so much
5) DH and I each get a small allowance in old individual accounts each month - items purchased using this count as a spend day, but not toward the budget
PS...I want to track my mileage - not for any challenge, just out of curiosity. My mileage starting on the first is 121,077.