1. Please introduce yourself and tell us anything you think it would help us to know about yourself.
2. Please tell us why you have decided to spend nothing (or spend significantly less) for the Month of February. Memorize these goals and recite them to yourself before all purchases.
3. No spending is hard work. You need a plan. Please tell us your game plan -- how do you plan to approach no spending for a month?
2. Want to avoid accruing any credit card debt (we have a mortgage, car payment, and 2 student loans) and pay off the car as soon as possible. Also want to save for a possible international move in the next year or so.
3. Record all spending against our budget. Meal plan and only one trip to the grocery and gas station per week. Go to costco only once per month and stick to the list. This month my youngest dd and I will be going to visit my grandmother for a week, so take cash and do not spend over that amount. I also have a small amount of personal money that I can spend on whatever I wish- after that is gone, no more frivolous spending! DD2 is outgrowing her clothes- I will check boxes for hand me downs from DD1 and then if she needs more, check the thrift stores. DD1, DH and I do not need anything.
Big spends I'm struggling with... DH is on the prowl for a new laptop. I would like it because our computer is not in a convenient location for me to be able to be with the family while I get work done (or surf MDC ) and to have it for work when I travel, but we do not *need* it. Also, we have a couple house projects- one to create a half wall instead of a banister (not to code and our kids can fall right through it- we have the couch in front of it currently) on our stairs and putting wood flooring into our bedroom cause I'm allergic to dust. Both the house projects are fairly important, but have been put off quite a while. We have no cc debt at the moment and want to keep it that way, but I'm not sure if we'll have enough of a tax return to pay for them both. I'm hoping we will, but if not, I'm needing to look through our budget and see if we can squeeze the money out of somewhere. oh yeah, and our bathroom vanity is falling apart I guess I need to have a discussion with DH about how the laptop is rather low on the priority list