or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › *** Lost, season 4 ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** Lost, season 4 *** - Page 31

post #601 of 1298
Did anyone catch the face of the woman who jumped off the ship in chains? I swear it looked like Hurleys Chic. Whats her name? Ahh.. ...I forgot her name. The chic who was shoot and was in the mental institute with Hurley.
post #602 of 1298
But if he's not really dead, why would Sun and Hurley go to visit his grave - I mean its not like they had to keep up appearances for anyone...unless they think they are being watched. I mean wouldn't they know that he's in hiding or on the island or whatever. The date of death being the date of the crash is just weird.

Oh, wait though....OKOKOK...so the ppl staying on the island is a big secret, right. So obviously there will be some very compelling reason they stayed. Sun left so she and the baby would live - perhaps now she'll return, with the baby.

Erg, but that still doesn't explain why they'd go to a fake, or improperly marked grave.

Erg Erg - my post is as confusing as last nights episode.
post #603 of 1298
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
Did anyone catch the face of the woman who jumped off the ship in chains? I swear it looked like Hurleys Chic. Whats her name? Ahh.. ...I forgot her name. The chic who was shoot and was in the mental institute with Hurley.

Her name was Libby. I'm pretty sure that wasn't her though.

That was eerie when that lady walked to the edge with the chains around her and jumped off...and everyone just stared at her! (well, except for Sayid and Desmond)

So, how many seasons are there going to be? Is it 5 or 6?
post #604 of 1298
I'm pretty sure the woman that jumped was the same woman sitting in the chair, reading the upside-down book. Regina? When Desmond first saw her and the others were slower to react, I thought for a second that he was having more psychic visions of people's deaths and whatnot.

I heard six seasons total. One suggestion I heard was that season four is about what happens after they leave the island. Season five will be about why they need to get back to the island. Season six will be about what happens when they get back to the island.

I figured them visiting the grave was a symbolic sort of ritual. They know he's not buried there (if he's still alive on the island, that is), but they need some sort of concrete way of remembering him. Don't forget, even if they want to go back, they haven't found a way (Jack's flashforwards in the last season finale talks about that).
post #605 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
Did anyone catch the face of the woman who jumped off the ship in chains? I swear it looked like Hurleys Chic. Whats her name? Ahh.. ...I forgot her name. The chic who was shoot and was in the mental institute with Hurley.
It wasn't Libby, but my DH thought it was, too!

I just have to add that I think Hurley is so cool! I love that he went to see Sun and the baby, and I was kind of sad that nobody else did. I do realize it is another COUNTRY and Kate has Aaron to take care of and all, but hearing Sun ask, "Is anybody else coming?" And Hurley saying "No" made me sad. But again, how cool is he??!!
post #606 of 1298
Actually, Hurley asked if anyone else is coming ans Sun said no. He then said "good"
hmmm...
post #607 of 1298
Ah...interesting!
post #608 of 1298
Yeah, when he asked that and she said no, I thought, wow, what a sweet man! No one else came, but he did.
I don't know why not, they all have free rides.
post #609 of 1298
Remember that everyone thought that the passengers on 815 had all died. So it's possible that many of them had graves. Maybe that was the grave Sun was visiting.

I don't get how Sun could be flashing forward and Jin could be flashing back. I'm confused. Can someone break it down for me?
post #610 of 1298
Did they ever actually say that it was the year of the dragon? The only part I picked up on was where the clerk holds up the dragon and says "In the year of the dragon it brings good luck" (or something very similar that didn't flat out say it WAS the year of the dragon) i still think Jin's was a flashback because he wasn't famous like Sun was but I don't know if it's completely clear...
post #611 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
Actually, Hurley asked if anyone else is coming ans Sun said no. He then said "good"
hmmm...
I thought that was really odd, too, the way he was pleased nobody else came. Does it have to do with the tension between Jack and Hurley when they met in Hurley's flashforwards, and the reason Jack didn't want to see Aaron? Did Jack (and others?) make some bad decisions that Hurley has issues with? And I wonder when Sun's flashforward happens relative to Hurley's and Kate's.

Quote:
Remember that everyone thought that the passengers on 815 had all died. So it's possible that many of them had graves. Maybe that was the grave Sun was visiting.
If it was the original gravestone that had been placed after the faked wreckage was found, then Sun's date of death would also have been on it. Must be a new one.
post #612 of 1298
I haven't read through this entire thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anyone. (We have dialup internet and every page takes FOREVER to load.)

Anyway...
Did anyone else notice that Sun was asking for a Dr. Parks, and Jin was representing a Parks also by giving the panda? Does that mean anything? Is Mr. Parks Sun's dad?

Also, and again sorry if this is old news, I think that characters with flashforwards are the ones that get off the island, and characters with flashbacks are the ones that don't.
post #613 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfree View Post
I haven't read through this entire thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anyone. (We have dialup internet and every page takes FOREVER to load.)

Anyway...
Did anyone else notice that Sun was asking for a Dr. Parks, and Jin was representing a Parks also by giving the panda? Does that mean anything? Is Mr. Parks Sun's dad?

Also, and again sorry if this is old news, I think that characters with flashforwards are the ones that get off the island, and characters with flashbacks are the ones that don't.
I think Jin was asking for a Mr. Paik- not Parks...
post #614 of 1298
I have a theory about the $3.2 million dollars that Miles requested from Ben. Remember when the captain of the ship said that it took Mr. Whitmore "considerable resources" to obtain the black box. What if that's what he paid to Ben to get the black box? What if Miles knows that and wants that money?
post #615 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
But, since time is slower on the island, that would work in Sun's favor, right? Though they feel like they have been on the island 90 days or so, it hasn't been that long off the island. So, it would appear that she was pregnant before the crash.
Taking that a bit further, could the baby possibly not be Jin's then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
Did anyone catch the face of the woman who jumped off the ship in chains? I swear it looked like Hurleys Chic. Whats her name? Ahh.. ...I forgot her name. The chic who was shoot and was in the mental institute with Hurley.
She looked similar but I don't think it was her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessviola View Post
Did they ever actually say that it was the year of the dragon? The only part I picked up on was where the clerk holds up the dragon and says "In the year of the dragon it brings good luck" (or something very similar that didn't flat out say it WAS the year of the dragon) i still think Jin's was a flashback because he wasn't famous like Sun was but I don't know if it's completely clear...
I thought that he said it was the year of the dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiij View Post
I have a theory about the $3.2 million dollars that Miles requested from Ben. Remember when the captain of the ship said that it took Mr. Whitmore "considerable resources" to obtain the black box. What if that's what he paid to Ben to get the black box? What if Miles knows that and wants that money?
That would be interesting.

About the woman reading upside down, people can't read (or aren't supposed to be able to) in their dreams, right? I wonder if that is connected at all.
post #616 of 1298
Just had a thought about the time travel/paradox, etc. If Desmond was in both 1996 and 2004 at the same time (jumping back and forth) could that be significant in this episode with Jin & Sun ... they were living at the same time in different years. That may make no sense...sorry if I confused you.
post #617 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColwynsMommy View Post

I figured them visiting the grave was a symbolic sort of ritual. They know he's not buried there (if he's still alive on the island, that is), but they need some sort of concrete way of remembering him. Don't forget, even if they want to go back, they haven't found a way (Jack's flashforwards in the last season finale talks about that).
I was thinking the same thing
post #618 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Just had a thought about the time travel/paradox, etc. If Desmond was in both 1996 and 2004 at the same time (jumping back and forth) could that be significant in this episode with Jin & Sun ... they were living at the same time in different years. That may make no sense...sorry if I confused you.
I think that it may be a good possibility. I do agree with a pp tho, that the ones who made it off the island are having flash forwards and the ones who never made it, are flash backs. But then, why even show Jins flash back? What significance would it have to show us?
post #619 of 1298
Okay sorry if I am repeating anything but here are my two cents.

The reason that Kate didn't come to see the baby is because she can't leave the country (she can't leave the state even I don't think because of the lawyer said), Sayid is a "hitman" for Ben (still dizzy from that one) and so I don't see him fitting such a visit into his schedule. Plus the fact that he is working for Ben makes me wonder if he took a different route then the rest. I have no idea why Jack would come but considering he can't even look at Aaron maybe he has a hard time visiting Sun, I don't know, all depends on the circumstances of why and how they all left.

I have a feeling that a lot more people are going to die before the end. It doesn't make any sense that Kate would be wanting to go back to the States (cause she's a fugitive) and so I am thinking that Claire dies and before she does give the care of Aaron to Kate. I agree that there is a chance that Sun maybe being watched but I think that Jin probably was really dead.

It is going to be a looonnnnngggg week thinking about everything though. Oh ya, what the heck was up the Regina chic, reading her book upside down (or pretending to read) and then jumping off the boat with chains and why was the Panda so dang important? And who the heck was in the coffin? WTH

What does it all mean?
post #620 of 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
But, since time is slower on the island, that would work in Sun's favor, right? Though they feel like they have been on the island 90 days or so, it hasn't been that long off the island. So, it would appear that she was pregnant before the crash.
Help me with this one. Time goes slower on the island than in the rest of the world. So they must feel like it's been more than 3 months they've been there, right? The reason I'm thinking this is because it was 3 months in real world time- it was Christmas Eve when Desmond calls Penny from the boat- about 3 months from the time of the crash. Or am I getting that all wrong?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › *** Lost, season 4 ***