Welcome to your MDC Due Date Club (DDC) and congratulations!
We’re thrilled to be a part of your pregnancy and birth whether this is your first child or tenth, we hope your DDC will provide the support and information you need welcome your baby into the world.
MotheringDotCommune offers DDCs to expectant parents so they can communicate with others who are due around the same time. This provides a place to share each stage of your pregnancy and make some friends along the way .
We would like to remind you that many topics important to expectant parents should be discussed in the appropriate forums. We reserve the right to move threads started in a DDC to an appropriate forum if necessary. These are some forums you may find helpful:
- Breastfeeding - This is a wonderful forum for expectant moms to learn about establishing a healthy and mutually satisfying breastfeeding relationship with their new baby.
- Vaccinations - Visit this forum for the latest information on vaccines. This way, you'll be ready to make a truly informed choice once baby arrives.
- The Case Against Circumcision - MDC does not support Routine Infant Circumcision (RIC), this forum is the perfect place to discus how to care for your son's intact penis.
- Babywearing - Wearing your baby is a wonderful way to keep baby close. Visit this forum and learn about the different types of slings and how to properly wear your baby.
- Diapering - This forum can help you decide which diapering system is best for your family. You can gain valuable tips on cleaning and caring for your diapers and also how to make your own!
- The Family Bed and Nighttime Parenting - Sharing sleep with baby is one of the most natural things you can do. There's so much conflicting information circulating about the safety of sharing sleep. This forum is a great place to ask questions and share information.
These are a few frequently asked questions:
- How long will my DDC stay open? - DDCs will remain open for one month after the due date month. A notice will be placed in the forum at least 24 hours before it's closed informing members that their DDC will be be closing and the date it will be closed and archived.
- Can we do a swap? - We do not allow swaps, trades or sales in DDCs. All sales can be made through the MDC Trading Post and swaps can be conducted in our MDC Swap section if you meet the current MDC Swap Board Rules and Guidelines criteria.
- What can I post? - All posts to DDCs must be in compliance with MDC's current user agreement.
Mothering.com is the website of natural family living and advocates natural solutions to parenting challenges. We host discussion of nighttime parenting, loving discipline, natural birth, homebirth, successful breastfeeding, alternative and complementary home remedies, informed consent, and many other topics from a natural point of view. We are not interested, however, in hosting discussions on the merits of crying it out, physical punishment, formula feeding, elective cesarean section, routine infant medical circumcision, or mandatory vaccinations. We do not tolerate any type of discrimination in the discussions, including but not limited to racism, heterosexism, classism, religious bigotry, or discrimination toward the disabled. We will not host discussions that involve explicit sexual references and are cautious about discussions on volatile topics such as abortion, religion, and race. See statement of purpose below.
MDC serves an online community of parents, families, and parent, child and family advocates considering, learning, practicing, and advocating attachment parenting and natural family living. Our discussions concern the real world of mothering and are first and foremost, for support, information, and community. Mothering invites you to read and participate in the discussions. In doing so we ask that you agree to respect and uphold the integrity of this community. Through your direct or indirect participation here you agree to make a personal effort to maintain a comfortable and respectful atmosphere for our guests and members.
Please feel free to PM the forum moderator or an administrator with any questions or concerns. We wish you the best for a healthy and happy pregnancy!