or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

scared of the day...

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
... you know, the day that thread gets posted. the thread shutting us down.

i know we've moved over to the other board in large numbers (thank you, fishie kisses!), but there's a sense of finality to this chapter in our lives that i'm still scared to face. once we get archived, well, it's just going to be sad.

anyone else?
post #2 of 18
I've already said goodbye to this thread and our women in my mind awhile ago. I know there's the new board, and I've signed up but haven't had time to read or post yet. It's easier here. Over there are so many posts I know I'm missing something.

Goodbye Jan 2008 ddc! You were great while you lasted!
post #3 of 18
I too am sad to see the Jan DDC come to an end. It's been such a comfort during this exciting, somtimes uncertain, transitional time in my life. As I type now with a sleepy baby in arms, it's amazing the journey we've all been on. Thanks everyone for sharing you advice, sympathy, and joy with me. It's been great to have the support/experience/advice of other like minded women. That can be hard to find in our society today! You are all amazing women and mothers. Thanks Fishie Kisses for setting up the new site. You all will continue to be on my mind (usually when I'm wondering "am I the only one dealing with this!"). Many blessings and good health to you and your families
peace,love,light...katie
post #4 of 18
Me, too I loved coming here.. ever since that first BFP!
post #5 of 18
i know what you mean. i love the new board, but this is where it all started.
post #6 of 18
I haven't been able to keep up with the other options outside of the DDC, but I would definitely agree that there is some sense of sadness to it all. I remember waiting impatiently for the DDC to open and when we were all the way at that bottom. It's so hard to believe that all that time has gone by. It all went so fast.
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollineeba View Post
Me, too I loved coming here.. ever since that first BFP!

I feel the same way. As this is my last baby I really can't let go of pregnancy part. I am so scared of forgetting I enjoy being pregnant, I enjoy all the anticipation leading up to the birth. This pregnancy and birth was just so beautiful and my birth was just how I imagined it would be.

Goodbye ddc I will miss you.
post #8 of 18
i'm gonna miss the ddc here too.
i subbed to the new board, but i find it a bit too much for me. it's beautiful, but there are too many places to go (for me).
for the simplicity factor i hope the lwab thread gets revitalized. i'll see what i can do - for those of us that aren't functioning so well in the new realm.
i don't wanna break up .
i love all y'all mamas .
post #9 of 18
Riverundine I understand what you mean about the new board being a bit too much. I have checked it out but don't really have the time to sit, read, find people or threads.......added to the time I spent here on MDC. I hope Momline mamas will still post in the LWAB Jan 2008 thread. : I don't think I'll be spending much time on Momline.

Goodbye ddc. I will miss you.
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
yeah, i understand your feelings about the new board- there are a lot of different forums, and it can be easy to feel a little lost when it comes to keeping up with everything. however, there is a neat function that i make ample use of- at the bottom of the page, there is an option to click on "today's posts." that lets me know what has been posted today, and i can skim through the posts to see if there's anything of particular interest to me, or if anything has been updated within the different forums i follow.

hope you guys don't totally write off the new board! i will be around lwab, too, but for me, it's harder to stay personally connected with everyone there.

hcm
post #11 of 18
It will be sad when we have to go as a ddc

i'm just go glad to have been a part of it
post #12 of 18
I just came to check today to see if we had been archived yet. It will be sad when we are, though.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampered_mom View Post
I haven't been able to keep up with the other options outside of the DDC, but I would definitely agree that there is some sense of sadness to it all. I remember waiting impatiently for the DDC to open and when we were all the way at that bottom. It's so hard to believe that all that time has gone by. It all went so fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
i know what you mean. i love the new board, but this is where it all started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
yeah, i understand your feelings about the new board- there are a lot of different forums, and it can be easy to feel a little lost when it comes to keeping up with everything. however, there is a neat function that i make ample use of- at the bottom of the page, there is an option to click on "today's posts." that lets me know what has been posted today, and i can skim through the posts to see if there's anything of particular interest to me, or if anything has been updated within the different forums i follow.

hope you guys don't totally write off the new board! i will be around lwab, too, but for me, it's harder to stay personally connected with everyone there.

hcm
Yea to all of those s

thanks for all the love and support, I hope we all continue to be friends and watch our babies grow as we raise them together
post #14 of 18
I clicked on our DDC tonight with my heart a little bit in my throat. I was scared I'd get an error message telling me we'd been archived! So sad.

I try to keep up over at Momline as well, and will keep checking in over at LWAB as much as I can to keep all my bases covered. I need my DDC ladies, what can I say.

Plus, what else am I going to do while NAKing?
post #15 of 18
I hope everyone keeps in touch, though.. I know it's easy to drift away & get consumed in other things, but I want to keep in touch with you guys!
post #16 of 18
i haven't been around much lately because i know it's coming, too. :/ i don't follow the month board threads very well over in the other area, so this is usually the end of the line for me. :/

really, why doesn't mdc have born in groups? every other forum it seems, does.
post #17 of 18
I'm going to miss visiting here and chatting with you all. I can't believe we're almost done here...
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
I'm going to miss visiting here and chatting with you all. I can't believe we're almost done here...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: January 2008