As For Me
went and asked for a second progestrone test to be in the computer, so i can take it at my version of 7DPO rather than goober doc's timming. And the more i thought about the madder i got.
here is the whole thing:
• I come in having really long cycles, but let him know that "normal for me" was still 30-32 with O on CD16-18+
• we put me on provera to end that cycle, and he wants to test for O on CD21, i say "you mean 7DPO?" he does that rude thing about how i will not know my body so i should just trust him and assume that those are the same things, what bull
• i of course know my body even when it tries to trick me, but i know enough to be sure when i go in for the test on CD21 i totally did not O yet and the test proved it with a p level of just 0.6
• now i do think (not 100% sure) that i went on to O on that very same CD21 night, meaning i should be blood testing on CD28 for anything hoping to be acurate
•Dr calls and leaves message on CD24 telling me i am having a anovulatory cyle again and that because of that i could not possibly be preggo at all this cycle and that i will need a provera to end it again and then i should be on clomid.
• further more goes on to say that because the is no risk i could be preggo i do not need to wait it out to test for preggo and that i should just start my provera 5 days before when i would normally start af (to him that means about CD25, or today!) and he throws all the Rx's in the computer for me to pick up.
• if i were to start and then stop the high dose provera it while possible having a egg implant, it could give birth defects or miscarry a embryo!
So i ask you, how could any doctor, no matter how stupid and pill happy, think this was an ok thing to say to a women, specially since most are not like us and don't know better then to listen to them and trust at face value?
The more i thought over and over about this today the madder i got. And the more i started thinking that someone that is higher up than him needs to hear about it. I know he is a young newish doctor, but that is all the more reason to catch crappy practices now rather than let them continue.
what do you gals think i should do. (besides of course not take the pill, i will not. I already decided that i would wait a full 18dpo before giving up and trusting that i was not hurting anything)
So i am taken care of, i make sure of that, but what should i do about a doctor that has gone from a harmless goober to a possibly harmful one? I will wait till i get my proper 7DPO test before i do anything either way, so that i have that to show him as proof he is not all-knowing. but even if i did not O later in the cycle it was still stupid for him to assume that to such a certainty when so much was at stake
Ahhhhh... young, yet to be humbled doctors. Some are never humbled, but I would find out if he as a supervisor and talk to that supervisor about the doctor's lack of knowledge about how a woman could possibly know if she was ovulating, his unwillingness to LISTEN to you, and the dangers that resulted.