or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › TTC #1 In Our 30's MARCHing aTHREAD!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TTC #1 In Our 30's MARCHing aTHREAD! - Page 10

post #181 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!! I DID IT! IT WORKED! Something worked! I am polyp-free!
Woot!
post #182 of 227
poetgirl--that's wonderful!
post #183 of 227
Hooray! What a relief!
post #184 of 227
Thread Starter 
oh what great new to hear today, sooo glad you are doing good Poet!!!!
post #185 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!! I DID IT! IT WORKED! Something worked! I am polyp-free!
This is relief beyond relief! I dreamt last night the OB was waking me up and saying it worked, so I kept replaying that image in my head while I was waiting. I'm super groggy now...I keep falling asleep and when I wake up I can't remember if it happened and if it worked, but then I get it. I was really fearing it wouldn't happen again. It's just coing to feel SO good to actually get to try again or strive as Adorkable would say.
Thanks Y'all for the support out there! Keep the success coming for us all in all our varied paths and challenges!
I just came out of lurking to say congratulations!!!! Woohoo!!!! : Let the games begin....
post #186 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamaToBe View Post
Well, AF showed up here. I was really sure this month was our month. We both were. Sometimes I think expecting the worst is less hurtful than being really hopeful and upbeat. It hurts even more when you are expecting good news than when you expecting bad news.
EMTB. For me, I'm no good at pretending to be negative, when I'm really feeling hopeful-- I mean, I'll downplay it to other people, but inside if I'm feeling hopeful there's not much I can do to squelch it. The only months that hurt less for me were ones that I had a specific reason to believe it wouldn't happen-- like this month, I'm not holding out much hope now that we are fairly sure DH has antisperm antibodies. But it's been a rollercoaster from an semen anaylsis (SA) with a "low count" (where I felt no hope for that next cycle or two), to being told by the urologist that what we had been told was "low count" was perfectly fine (hope springs back with a vengeance!) to now (back to very little hope of this happening naturally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
I think finding a way to giggle a bit about it was good for me because I went in with a fighting spirit and as for the stick, well...I got through it! It's in! I'm feeling less weepy about it and perhaps even a little fierce as in *Let's Do This Thing!* I'm pretty crampy but it's not like I've never had cramps before and i can't technically "feel" the stick. It's actually made of seaweed (who knew?), I'm a total ocean girl (my poetry book is titled "Salt Memory" and I'm like a triple water sign), so when I heard that, it didn't feel so invasive, like some plastic splint. So, my cervix is welcoming it and I am thinking expanding thoughts and hoping for the best. I am told it usually works. Hmmm, sounds familiar.
You are in my thoughts today, Poet! I hope all goes well!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
HUGS Mischievium! This sounds like a lot to sit with while you're waiting : for those appts. I wish you could sched. the RE appt. NOW. I swear it's like getting in to see OZ, these people. I keep expecting a purple horse and a band of munchkins to walk out of the fertility dept. I hope you and your DH are managing as best you can and that the urologist can provide a lot of clarity. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for all of this to progress speedily for you two. :
"We represent the Dildo-Cam League, the Dildo-Cam League, the Dildo-Cam League, and in the name of the Dildo-Cam League, we'd like to welcome you to R-E Land."

DH and I are doing fine, it's just a lot of waiting to wait, at this point. We're also trying to figure out what to do, as far as whether to see an RE here, or at that point transferring care to Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
Well, yesterday was CD1 for me. All is well.
Olerica.
post #187 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!! I DID IT! IT WORKED! Something worked! I am polyp-free!
This is relief beyond relief! I dreamt last night the OB was waking me up and saying it worked, so I kept replaying that image in my head while I was waiting. I'm super groggy now...I keep falling asleep and when I wake up I can't remember if it happened and if it worked, but then I get it. I was really fearing it wouldn't happen again. It's just coing to feel SO good to actually get to try again or strive as Adorkable would say.
Thanks Y'all for the support out there! Keep the success coming for us all in all our varied paths and challenges!
Okay... so we've just revealed how very long it takes mischievium to compose a post. In the time that I was composing my prior post, you posted this and multiple people responded !

So YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Poet! I am *so* happy for you that they were finally able to remove the polyp! Here's to finally being able to start moving forward!!!
post #188 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Okay... so we've just revealed how very long it takes mischievium to compose a post. In the time that I was composing my prior post, you posted this and multiple people responded !

So YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Poet! I am *so* happy for you that they were finally able to remove the polyp! Here's to finally being able to start moving forward!!!
I'll drink to that for all of us!

Thanks again everyone!

Michievium, I am def. singing your song next time I swing through the fertility clinic! :
Glad to hear that you and DH are weathering the wait as a team. When do you expect you'll officially move to Seattle? The moving/RE thing is a tricky issue that we are processing too. We've got at least 3-4 mths, so we're going to maximize the next 3 cycles, double clomid, weekly acup., maybe an IUI. We are scared to start all over again there and the insurance issue is a big question. Maybe if it's more than a month and you can get in, start here so you have an idea of how your situation is best handled, but begin finding an RE there too before you go? I'm really sorry you had such a rollar coaster ride with the SA being not good, fine and then worrisome again. There is no roadmap here, is there?

Olerica, Hugs for CD 1. Spring Solstice is tomorrow, a sweet time to start a cycle. Hope it's "the one."

Nashville Midwife, 97.5 is likely no rise yet, see what happens tomorrow. GL!
post #189 of 227
Got the rise today. Thanks. This is making me crazy.
post #190 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!! I DID IT! IT WORKED! Something worked! I am polyp-free!
This is relief beyond relief! I dreamt last night the OB was waking me up and saying it worked, so I kept replaying that image in my head while I was waiting. I'm super groggy now...I keep falling asleep and when I wake up I can't remember if it happened and if it worked, but then I get it. I was really fearing it wouldn't happen again. It's just coing to feel SO good to actually get to try again or strive as Adorkable would say.
Thanks Y'all for the support out there! Keep the success coming for us all in all our varied paths and challenges!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #191 of 227
Poet - YAYYYY!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
post #192 of 227
Well, my temp has been up slightly the past few days, so either I already O'ed, or I am about to. Maybe. This is complicated by the fact that I've been feeling slightly off for the past few days--like maybe I have a very mild case of the flu or am about to acquire one. So I can't rule out an extremely low grade fever being the cause of the slightly elevated temps. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I don't have my last two charts posted, but this intermediate rise is normal for me, apparently. I just don't know what it means.
post #193 of 227
Well that temp spike I saw yesterday kept rising through the roof. I have the flu. So now on top of having to cancel the big Easter family dinner, I still don't know if I ovulated. Plus, I can't take my mega vitamin C or tamiflu for fear of hurting a baby I don't know if it's even possible was conceived.
post #194 of 227
Yay Poet! Now there's a use for seaweed that I would never have dreamed of in a million years.

Mischievium - between your song and Wicked, I don't think the Wizard of Oz will ever be quite the same again....

Happy spring to all
post #195 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillemidwife View Post
Well that temp spike I saw yesterday kept rising through the roof. I have the flu. So now on top of having to cancel the big Easter family dinner, I still don't know if I ovulated. Plus, I can't take my mega vitamin C or tamiflu for fear of hurting a baby I don't know if it's even possible was conceived.
Boy this has been a tough year for illness. Nashville Midwife and Quate
, I am so sorry that your possible O has been eclipsed by the flu. I've had that happen before. It's dreadfully uncertain, eh? Do know though that if you are preg. it seems getting sick is not supposed to have a neg. impact. Here's hoping you O'd just fine and that you feel better soon. :

Something interesting is happening with me...after months of feeling really sad about our fertility problems, I feel *hope*. I spoke with my sister yesterday who is also struggling with IF (she's older and has had 3 failed inject/iui cycles, preparing for ivf now). She was really negative (and no judgments there, she's been through a lot). She kept saying we should think about ivf and a 10% chance of clomid/iui working is really a 90% chance of it not working. This phone call did me a great service though because it knocked my intuition right into place. I got off the phone and felt so fierce again, (like Mischievium's Joan of Arc quote to the core), like whether whatever we do next "works" or not, I have to believe in my body COMPLETELY. I can't just emotionally give up. I woke up in the middle of the night and again, the intuitive voice was practically screaming LOVE YOUR BODY, TALK TO IT! So I did. I just laid there in the night telling each part how much I respected it and was grateful for it. I feel today I am in such a different place, almost a little ecstatic. Even if this transformation does not lead to pregnancy, feeling this way is much better than the anger and sadness it has replaced. I may feel different tomorrow, but for today, I'm choosing LOVE. Anyone else?
post #196 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Boy this has been a tough year for illness. Nashville Midwife and Quate
, I am so sorry that your possible O has been eclipsed by the flu. I've had that happen before. It's dreadfully uncertain, eh? Do know though that if you are preg. it seems getting sick is not supposed to have a neg. impact. Here's hoping you O'd just fine and that you feel better soon. :

Something interesting is happening with me...after months of feeling really sad about our fertility problems, I feel *hope*. I spoke with my sister yesterday who is also struggling with IF (she's older and has had 3 failed inject/iui cycles, preparing for ivf now). She was really negative (and no judgments there, she's been through a lot). She kept saying we should think about ivf and a 10% chance of clomid/iui working is really a 90% chance of it not working. This phone call did me a great service though because it knocked my intuition right into place. I got off the phone and felt so fierce again, (like Mischievium's Joan of Arc quote to the core), like whether whatever we do next "works" or not, I have to believe in my body COMPLETELY. I can't just emotionally give up. I woke up in the middle of the night and again, the intuitive voice was practically screaming LOVE YOUR BODY, TALK TO IT! So I did. I just laid there in the night telling each part how much I respected it and was grateful for it. I feel today I am in such a different place, almost a little ecstatic. Even if this transformation does not lead to pregnancy, feeling this way is much better than the anger and sadness it has replaced. I may feel different tomorrow, but for today, I'm choosing LOVE. Anyone else?
Jen,
OMG! I am so there with you! I am so in love with my body right now, despite it's faults. I don't know if it was the first day of spring yesterday (though we are getting like 5" of snow right now) or WHAT! I feel fierce and happy!
I'm so glad that the procedure you had done worked the way it was meant to, but even moreso for your new found optomism.

Yea you!
post #197 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quate View Post
Well, my temp has been up slightly the past few days, so either I already O'ed, or I am about to. Maybe. This is complicated by the fact that I've been feeling slightly off for the past few days--like maybe I have a very mild case of the flu or am about to acquire one. So I can't rule out an extremely low grade fever being the cause of the slightly elevated temps. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I don't have my last two charts posted, but this intermediate rise is normal for me, apparently. I just don't know what it means.
Isn't chart interpretation fun? I feel you, there have been so many months when only in hindsight did I figure out what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks was going on. I'm sorry you're not feeling well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillemidwife View Post
Well that temp spike I saw yesterday kept rising through the roof. I have the flu. So now on top of having to cancel the big Easter family dinner, I still don't know if I ovulated. Plus, I can't take my mega vitamin C or tamiflu for fear of hurting a baby I don't know if it's even possible was conceived.
Oh no! I'm sorry you're sick and it's interrupting and frustrating everything, nashville .

When I had the worst cold I can remember having at the beginning of February, I remember saying to my DH at one point, "But what if I'm about to ovulate? Can we GIO if I don't kiss you on the lips?" In that situation, OPKs are very helpful-- mine was negative, so I got to just sleep and DH got to escape exposure without worrying that we might be missing our chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Something interesting is happening with me...after months of feeling really sad about our fertility problems, I feel *hope*. I spoke with my sister yesterday who is also struggling with IF (she's older and has had 3 failed inject/iui cycles, preparing for ivf now). She was really negative (and no judgments there, she's been through a lot). She kept saying we should think about ivf and a 10% chance of clomid/iui working is really a 90% chance of it not working. This phone call did me a great service though because it knocked my intuition right into place. I got off the phone and felt so fierce again, (like Mischievium's Joan of Arc quote to the core), like whether whatever we do next "works" or not, I have to believe in my body COMPLETELY. I can't just emotionally give up. I woke up in the middle of the night and again, the intuitive voice was practically screaming LOVE YOUR BODY, TALK TO IT! So I did. I just laid there in the night telling each part how much I respected it and was grateful for it. I feel today I am in such a different place, almost a little ecstatic. Even if this transformation does not lead to pregnancy, feeling this way is much better than the anger and sadness it has replaced. I may feel different tomorrow, but for today, I'm choosing LOVE. Anyone else?
Good for you, poet! I'm glad that you're feeling hopeful and at peace with your body. I'm feeling relatively neutral right now as I continue to wait for test results to come back.
post #198 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Boy this has been a tough year for illness. Nashville Midwife and Quate
, I am so sorry that your possible O has been eclipsed by the flu. I've had that happen before. It's dreadfully uncertain, eh? Do know though that if you are preg. it seems getting sick is not supposed to have a neg. impact. Here's hoping you O'd just fine and that you feel better soon. :

Something interesting is happening with me...after months of feeling really sad about our fertility problems, I feel *hope*. I spoke with my sister yesterday who is also struggling with IF (she's older and has had 3 failed inject/iui cycles, preparing for ivf now). She was really negative (and no judgments there, she's been through a lot). She kept saying we should think about ivf and a 10% chance of clomid/iui working is really a 90% chance of it not working. This phone call did me a great service though because it knocked my intuition right into place. I got off the phone and felt so fierce again, (like Mischievium's Joan of Arc quote to the core), like whether whatever we do next "works" or not, I have to believe in my body COMPLETELY. I can't just emotionally give up. I woke up in the middle of the night and again, the intuitive voice was practically screaming LOVE YOUR BODY, TALK TO IT! So I did. I just laid there in the night telling each part how much I respected it and was grateful for it. I feel today I am in such a different place, almost a little ecstatic. Even if this transformation does not lead to pregnancy, feeling this way is much better than the anger and sadness it has replaced. I may feel different tomorrow, but for today, I'm choosing LOVE. Anyone else?
Poet. I loved reading this! Yes, I'm choosing LOVE too. Thanks so much for the post. It's made my day. Happy fertile thoughts to all. Be empowered!
post #199 of 227
Thread Starter 
hi girls, just letting you know that my darling darling DH is taking me on a cruise for a week, i'll be back next Sunday. I think i will still have internet, but for obvious reasons will not be on it much, if you need anything with the list I will do my best to get it done or it can just be handled on monday when i come home. I will also get to making the April thread at that time.

as for my baby making update, i have started taking provera again to end my cycle, and i am not sure if i an going to go with clomid or not. i am having a personal struggle of feeling like a failure as a woman, call it babyED or ovulary disfunction, but baby making vaiagra seems like a small defeat for me to stomach, so i am not quite there yet. Dh is loving me and supports what ever i decide and we have the clomid if i decide that.
right now i am going to go rest, enjoy the honeymoon we never had and get served fruufy drinks with little umbrellas in them!
post #200 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
hi girls, just letting you know that my darling darling DH is taking me on a cruise for a week, i'll be back next Sunday. I think i will still have internet, but for obvious reasons will not be on it much, if you need anything with the list I will do my best to get it done or it can just be handled on monday when i come home. I will also get to making the April thread at that time.

as for my baby making update, i have started taking provera again to end my cycle, and i am not sure if i an going to go with clomid or not. i am having a personal struggle of feeling like a failure as a woman, call it babyED or ovulary disfunction, but baby making vaiagra seems like a small defeat for me to stomach, so i am not quite there yet. Dh is loving me and supports what ever i decide and we have the clomid if i decide that.
right now i am going to go rest, enjoy the honeymoon we never had and get served fruufy drinks with little umbrellas in them!
Enjoy every minute of it!!!!!! And have a umbrella drink for me!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › TTC #1 In Our 30's MARCHing aTHREAD!