or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Frugality & Finances › March Low Income Mamas Support Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

March Low Income Mamas Support Thread - Page 12

post #221 of 402
ediesmom ~ I have a question for you about wheat... did you say, you have Celiac Disease, or, are you just sensitive to wheat and sugar? (Is there a difference??) ~~~ I am asking because, it seems weird to me that my dd was diagnosed with CD because her diarrhea actually seems to be going away, despite the fact I've been feeding her MORE gluten-rich foods (at their insistence, so antibodies, if any, would be sure to show up on the next test??)... BUT, I remember you mentioned the body aches and pains, and one thing my dd has been complaining about, along with the fatigue and the stomach pain, is that her "body hurts"... after she eats, she frequently will get very sad, and lay down, and say "My body hurts!"... sometimes it's been so bad she just lays in my arms and sobs. Is this symptomatic of CD???


justmama ~ s I remember those times, especially when my dd was older and would have those marathon-nursing sessions, and it hurt sooo much afterward. ~ And, I'm bad at container gardening too. :

It's good to have you back.


sandygirl ~ That's... just.... ........... s I guess I shouldn't feel such an incredible sense of shock and outrage that companies / people would let this happen to other people, but man.



Us... I'm ridiculously tired, I stayed up until about 3:30 AM chatting with my bf online : ... he finally got internet at his place and it was sooo nice to just sit and chat with him. Long distance relationships are hard. But also ... he's coming up to visit! And we're going to celebrate Easter (well, the night before Easter Sunday) @ his parents place. His mom is awesome. I have to say, IF we ever get married... well, I'm going to be happy to have her for a MIL.

I have to say also, mornings have been awesome around my house this week. EVERY DAY this week, both of my kids got up immediately when I told them to, and then proceeded to get themselves dressed and ready to go without any urging or scolding from me ~ !!! : (Are these MY kids??) ~ I'm Lovin' It, and by "It" I don't mean That Heinous Corporation With Weirdly Memorable Ads And Delicious Chicken McNuggets.

So... that's all to say, I think the stars realigned for us sometime in the middle of this week, because last weekend and the beginning of this week was just really rough, and then started to smooth out. And despite my pain, I'm actually in a really, really good mood today.



ps. If any of you have a Flickr account and would like my info so you can see my pix, PM me.
post #222 of 402
hi mamas hugs to all

i am shocked that ur work didnt do ne thing when remodeling -sandy.

what to say bout us.... the last couple of days have been he!!. two nights ago i got up at 11pm and walked out of my house -just completely walked out on hubby and kids. i hit a snapping point and i was just pis'ed off. i walked to my parents house(i knew dad was at work and mom is in korea so i just chilled there for the night) walked back home in the morning and really didnt say anything to dh or the kids. um reason for the snappage- dh's oncall job called said a ship was coming in the upcoming week- tomrrow to be exact and hubby FULLY KNOWING WE HAD OB/ AND ULTRASOUND APPOINTMENT on tuesday as well as wic recertifcation. decided to tell his boss to schedule him for tuesday wednesday and thurday, with out discussing it with me.. yea i am still angry. yesterday i spent my time on the phone with the ob doctor office trying to reschule. now i wont be seen til the 8th of april. i hope to god nothing else comes up or else no prenatal care for me. i will be 20 weeks by then and thats the cut off for this doctor. the ultrasound is the following week. last night dh decided to re arrange the kids room it looks way better now..(when we fight -furniture gets rearranged...its like therapy for him or something i dont know) so now we just need to get alex to sleep in the freaking crib. today i need to clean the house... apparently dh's buddy is coming over tomrrow morning and sunday morning....

any one know if the large rubber maid containers/toy boxes/storage units are on sale anywhere? kids toys are just over whelming me....
post #223 of 402
glad to hear things are looking up for you aura. bout time!

Here's our newest acquired skill:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/100_3349.jpg

It only stays like that for about 3-5 seconds before it's too heavy but I think it's SO cute. I just want to squeeze her. And her rash is not visible there so I'm thrilled.
post #224 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianyoushi View Post
hi mamas hugs to all

i am shocked that ur work didnt do ne thing when remodeling -sandy.

what to say bout us.... the last couple of days have been he!!. two nights ago i got up at 11pm and walked out of my house -just completely walked out on hubby and kids. i hit a snapping point and i was just pis'ed off. i walked to my parents house(i knew dad was at work and mom is in korea so i just chilled there for the night) walked back home in the morning and really didnt say anything to dh or the kids. um reason for the snappage- dh's oncall job called said a ship was coming in the upcoming week- tomrrow to be exact and hubby FULLY KNOWING WE HAD OB/ AND ULTRASOUND APPOINTMENT on tuesday as well as wic recertifcation. decided to tell his boss to schedule him for tuesday wednesday and thurday, with out discussing it with me.. yea i am still angry. yesterday i spent my time on the phone with the ob doctor office trying to reschule. now i wont be seen til the 8th of april. i hope to god nothing else comes up or else no prenatal care for me. i will be 20 weeks by then and thats the cut off for this doctor. the ultrasound is the following week. last night dh decided to re arrange the kids room it looks way better now..(when we fight -furniture gets rearranged...its like therapy for him or something i dont know) so now we just need to get alex to sleep in the freaking crib. today i need to clean the house... apparently dh's buddy is coming over tomrrow morning and sunday morning....

any one know if the large rubber maid containers/toy boxes/storage units are on sale anywhere? kids toys are just over whelming me....

ashlyn, I'm sorry but I really don't like your hubby's attitude and how his priorities lie. Maybe I'm a bit rude and forward but I think his attitude sucks. He doesn't seem to understand how important prenatal care can be, especially when you are concerned about the pregnancy. And he doesn't seem to care about anyone but himself lately.
post #225 of 402
(ashlyn is my daughters name. hehe) yea i know my husband is a selfish pain in the a$$ right now.. i told him he was and he threw it back at me saying i was self fish for walking out on them --i was gone for 6 hours. but im selffish because i need to cool off and get out ... i am cooped up in the house 24/7 with two kids whiny all day long and me walking out is selfish. argh. its not like i abnadoned them. he is perfect capable to take care of the kids- the kids were asleep when i left...
post #226 of 402
I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing :

I miss you guys. I don't know why I can't be better about checking
post #227 of 402
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post
ediesmom ~ I have a question for you about wheat... did you say, you have Celiac Disease, or, are you just sensitive to wheat and sugar? (Is there a difference??) ~~~ I am asking because, it seems weird to me that my dd was diagnosed with CD because her diarrhea actually seems to be going away, despite the fact I've been feeding her MORE gluten-rich foods (at their insistence, so antibodies, if any, would be sure to show up on the next test??)... BUT, I remember you mentioned the body aches and pains, and one thing my dd has been complaining about, along with the fatigue and the stomach pain, is that her "body hurts"... after she eats, she frequently will get very sad, and lay down, and say "My body hurts!"... sometimes it's been so bad she just lays in my arms and sobs. Is this symptomatic of CD???

for me i had almost no gi symptoms (although i notice them now when i eat gluten)....but the joint pain was debilitating. my hips and knees mostly. i went misdx'd for over ten years. and fuzzy thinking....or brainfog.

the naturopath that i went to ....finally....recognized it immediately.

i had been on every antidepressant....and arthritis med. nothing helped the pain or the fog, until i went gf

now that i am gf...if i get glutened i first notice stomach problems, then a day later i ache and ache.

there were times i would scootch on my butt because the pain was too much. i've been walking upright almost exclusively for a few years now!

i'm really sad....but i'll come back later and catch up. my appointment was hard
post #228 of 402
Real quick.... I still need to catch up!


http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=868474


She is at her wits end with all the crap that SS has put her through. Every single horror story you have ever heard has happened to her. She is so utterly screwed and stuck in a hard place... we have been trying to find her help for some time... she has a long back story too and three kids. They drop her constantly for no reason... and I can't even begin to talk about her TANF. She is in tears day in and day out.



If any of you know a SS type advocacy for Colorado that I have not heard of, please let me know!
post #229 of 402
Oh and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} for everyone else!
post #230 of 402
Oh asianyoushi, I didn't see your posts earlier... Huge s ...


ediesmom thank you for the info, I'm sorry you're in so much pain + sadness... I know for me my mood drops as my pain levels increase. I'm so so sorry. If I remember right you're on the east coast but if there is ANYTHING I can do to help let me know OK??

(((( Thystle ))))




post #231 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
for me i had almost no gi symptoms (although i notice them now when i eat gluten)....but the joint pain was debilitating. my hips and knees mostly. i went misdx'd for over ten years. and fuzzy thinking....or brainfog.

the naturopath that i went to ....finally....recognized it immediately.

i had been on every antidepressant....and arthritis med. nothing helped the pain or the fog, until i went gf

now that i am gf...if i get glutened i first notice stomach problems, then a day later i ache and ache.

there were times i would scootch on my butt because the pain was too much. i've been walking upright almost exclusively for a few years now!

i'm really sad....but i'll come back later and catch up. my appointment was hard
you know I"m here if you need to chat. I don't know if this is edie's weekend with her dad or your weekend but all I'm doing today is dyeing eggs with the kids and htey will be gone most of the day on easter with dan so feel free to call me. pain sucks. emotional or physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thystle View Post
Real quick.... I still need to catch up!


http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=868474


She is at her wits end with all the crap that SS has put her through. Every single horror story you have ever heard has happened to her. She is so utterly screwed and stuck in a hard place... we have been trying to find her help for some time... she has a long back story too and three kids. They drop her constantly for no reason... and I can't even begin to talk about her TANF. She is in tears day in and day out.



If any of you know a SS type advocacy for Colorado that I have not heard of, please let me know!

i really have no idea but i just want to cry for her. that's so horrible . i know what it's like to feel trapped with no way out. hope someone has some answers for you to pass along. update us thystle, you are very missed.




as for us, I'm getting concerned about this recession. I'm not normally the panicky type or the "stock your pantry for 6 months in case of a disaster or terrorist attack" or whatever but I'm getting really worried. Prices are skyrocketing, homes are being foreclosed, people are being laid off. I don't have a job. I'm scared that I'm not going to be re-certified for food stamps next week because I don't have a job. What happens if the economy all of a sudden tanks and I have no job, no food stamps, no way to make money, and prices keep going up?????? I'm just so scared this recession is going to turn into a depression. I've been thinking this for a few weeks but didn't want to voice the fear and admit to it lest it become real. But I'm seriously concerned. How will this turn around for us???? SOOOOO many of us can't afford our bills as it is and gas prices are going up(good thing summer is on the way!) and that means the price of everything goes up because it costs more to transport goods from factory to store and people start getting laid off because companies can't afford to pay them. Now I know why people work for large corporations for better security. But how can this be fixed??? Or is this a long-term problem for the country?
post #232 of 402
Thread Starter 
good morning mamas!

yea....the pain is difficult, and has taken a toll on life....its been most of a year that its been really bad. i had an appointment with the PA yeasterday...really great guy....who wants me to meet with the surgeon in a few weeks. he said he would be there, and that he knows the dr is a bit 'abrasive'....guess i'm not the only one who notices

and i talked to my pcp. she is going to talk to the guy who originally read my mri....and saw something totally different that ego dr saw.

i personally think that the surgeon operated for the wrong thing. and i also personally think that happened because i'm on welfare insurance, and therefore ....stoopid

asianyoushi....i just wish there was more support for you. is there a play group where you can get involved with some other mamas?

aura...hope your lo gets a correct dx soon. it does sound like celiac, though. the joint pain sounds familiar. but have they checked for RA? just a thought.

justmama.....it irks me that they refuse to even call this a recession, while we are fast approaching a depression. like we don't notice:. ani difranco has a great line..."the media is. not. foolin'. me!" walk my streets then watch the news....quite the disconnect

its a beautiful sunny day today. cold, but i am hoping that the sun inspires me to be myself.

love you mamas
post #233 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
good morning mamas!

asianyoushi....i just wish there was more support for you. is there a play group where you can get involved with some other mamas?
i joined a local mommy group off of yahoo and we did a few met ups and such but i didnt click with ne one-- all of them were ALOT older then me with older kids then ashlyn. so i stopped going.

ediesmom- i hope the pain subsides- i really hope that the doctor didnt f up-hate drs when they do stuff to others because of insurance coverage...
post #234 of 402
I have no idea what's going to happen if there is a depression, it's going to be hard times. My ex actually took the kids this weekend and I went shopping, stocked up on groceries and household supplies and stuff b/c my child tax benefit came in on Thursday. Stuff is so much more expensive already...I just can't believe how much I spent on just food for the next two weeks until I get child support.

Now hoping nothing unexpected happens because I overspent and am almost broke for the next two weeks again...well I will be after I gas my van up and then when my rent chq comes out April 1st...this just sucks...

Gas prices are up to $1.21 a litre here....yikes!
post #235 of 402
Does anyone know if the Food Stamp allotments are going to be adjusted to accommodate the new prices of food???
post #236 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post
Does anyone know if the Food Stamp allotments are going to be adjusted to accommodate the new prices of food???
not as far as I know - but they are adjusted every year in October so perhaps?

I hope they are.
post #237 of 402
Hi mamas. I haven't been very good about checking here every day. The kids are doing well, but I've been lost in thought for a few weeks now. Dealing with getting my daughter services for her Asperger's is stressful for me. The waiting, the paperwork, etc. Meanwhile life still happens and its hard for me to shift gears to focus on other things. I get so stuck in the moment its not even funny.

We went on our 2$ easter egg hunt yesterday and boy was it freezing! I wasn't able to walk with the girls. Daddy had to do it because Odin was so cold that I had to go stand inside. They had fun, cold and all.

DHS finally added the baby to our Medicaid, food stamps and TANF. Because the hospital messed up and didn't give me the "proof of applying for a SSN" paper, it took DHS longer to add him on. Which means we totally missed getting extra money for Feb OR March. We could have used it to. Last time they back paid us for the month we missed, but I guess this time my horribly mean caseworker decided not to. She was angry that it took me a few extra days to report our address change. (sorry, I was yanno... BIRTHING!!)

So we're out $500 and another $100 in food stamps because she's mad. Whatever. We'll pay the electric some other month, and who the heck needs to eat. We're cool.

I'm glad spring is here and all.. but uh.. could the snow and cold leave too then? Its overstayed its welcome this year.

Kids screaming... gotta run!

's to everyone that is having a hard time right now
post #238 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post
Does anyone know if the Food Stamp allotments are going to be adjusted to accommodate the new prices of food???
It was here. But then they cut my fs off completely. grrr
post #239 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
It was here. But then they cut my fs off completely. grrr
oh no! why did they cut off your fs??? No : for you huh?
post #240 of 402
Thread Starter 
good morning mamas!

nature.....i will look in the fs manual and see if what she did was even legal...sounds ridiculous. and you can appeal....not a big bad thing at all. odin should be covered from the time he was born, for goodness sakes.


the easter bunny showed his fluffy butt here.....edie got a new swim suit, beach towel, bag and flipflops and some dark chocolate squares...her favorite.

i'm having brunch with the granddaughter in a while.....i brought her a pretty easter dress. can't wait to see her in it

i need to finish baking my bread and getting ready for brunch, i'll say hi later.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Frugality & Finances
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Frugality & Finances › March Low Income Mamas Support Thread