or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › October 2008 › Weekly chit-chat thread 3/9-3/15
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Weekly chit-chat thread 3/9-3/15 - Page 4

post #61 of 95
Quote:
i have been having trouble with low blood sugar causing me to shake horribly!
I am having the opposite issue....My glucometer was broken and I kept forgetting to take it in...but wasn't really worried cuz my GD has never started this early before...well I finally get it fixed and when I took it today it was high and I had barely had anything to eat today....so now I know why I have been feeling so crappy...ugh...
post #62 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
I am having the opposite issue....My glucometer was broken and I kept forgetting to take it in...but wasn't really worried cuz my GD has never started this early before...well I finally get it fixed and when I took it today it was high and I had barely had anything to eat today....so now I know why I have been feeling so crappy...ugh...
I wish we could swap a little of our problems so they would level out!
post #63 of 95
Quote:
I wish we could swap a little of our problems so they would level out!
oh wouldn't that be nice..lol
post #64 of 95
Bumping this thread instead of starting one...

I had my MW appt today. Nothing interesting really but I like it that way. She wasn't able to find the hb with the doppler so she went ahead and checked with the US real quick. Baby was dancing around. I had my run of the mill prenatal lab work done by the MW in her office so that was nice and easy. And painless!

(Note to Tara- Have them use a butterfly needle. You can't even feel it!)

So DH had taken off the whole day for my appointment and we have had a nice day together shopping and running errands. I am SOO GLAD the morning sickness is gone now.

To top off a really great day, I got home to see that I won the cutest babystyle outfit NWT on ebay for 24 dollars!
post #65 of 95
Joro, good news! Isn't it incredible to see them wiggling around??

I brought my sister with me today so she could see the u/s and take a video of it for us! If you're interested, here are babies A & B! I was a little upset that B was sleeping, because last night I had a very brief ultrasound where both of them were asleep...

Last night I was in to meet the nurse at my OB practice, and I was very unhappy with the style and attitude. I want OUT of this practice, even though I'm only going to be here in PA for another 6 weeks. Their "care" has me seriously considering a homebirth.
post #66 of 95
Celeste, that video is AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing that! That's where I'm at so seeing that was like seeing my own! How neat! By the way, seeing 2 was just so cool.

Nothing new to report here, just the same old. Except my nausea came back today and yesterday and so food is my enemy. Tired as hell. Going to go lie down and watch tv - er, I mean, make dinner. LOL.
post #67 of 95
: It's the weekend for me! I have every-other Friday off and tomorrow I am getting a massage in the AM and judging a science fair in the evening, then the real weekend starts! Just happy to have made it through the weekend with no headache for the last two days, and through my caffeine withdrawal.
post #68 of 95
Wow!!!! That video was awesome! My MW's good machine is still broken so I could see nothing on the US and surely couldn't make out parts. Again, not worried but if I'm going to have one, I might as well see somoe cool stuff.
post #69 of 95
Oh Celeste...that is beautiful! What a special thing to have caught it on video!! You have seriously got this preggo, hormonal mama in tears over here! Thanks SO much for sharing!

I actually had a relatively good day today. My bf called me this am to drag my butt to storytime with our littles and then we went out for sushi...so funny hearing a 4y/o, 20m/o, and a 28m/o begging for sushi for lunch. It was precious. The weather was beautiful today- lower 80's- so we headed over to the park. I think getting out in the fresh air and sunshine did amazing things for me. I hardly had any queasiness all day...except when I was feeling hungry. When my older two got home from school my 6y/o and I went out for ice cream together. I also did a bit of window shopping for a new sling (I've about decided I want a Moby this time around).

It was such a fabulous day compared to how crappy I've felt lately. I'm hoping that now that this babe has reached fetushood (yay! 9 weeks today!)that things will start to level out.
post #70 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
Joro, good news! Isn't it incredible to see them wiggling around??

I brought my sister with me today so she could see the u/s and take a video of it for us! If you're interested, here are babies A & B! I was a little upset that B was sleeping, because last night I had a very brief ultrasound where both of them were asleep...

Last night I was in to meet the nurse at my OB practice, and I was very unhappy with the style and attitude. I want OUT of this practice, even though I'm only going to be here in PA for another 6 weeks. Their "care" has me seriously considering a homebirth.
OMG that was amazing!!! I lvoe the video!!!
post #71 of 95
you guys are so sweet!

babycakes, sorry to hear the m/s is back. mine fluctuates, too. just keep snacking!

birthdancedoula, when you talked about measuring your fundus, I looked up how, and today I felt mine (I think, lol)! Thanks for letting us know it was possible so early. Glad to hear you had such a nice day!
post #72 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
Last night I was in to meet the nurse at my OB practice, and I was very unhappy with the style and attitude. I want OUT of this practice, even though I'm only going to be here in PA for another 6 weeks. Their "care" has me seriously considering a homebirth.
If you are seriously considering a homebirth let me know if you need a midwife recommendation. I know of a lot of midwives here in Portland.
post #73 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
:
birthdancedoula, when you talked about measuring your fundus, I looked up how, and today I felt mine (I think, lol)! Thanks for letting us know it was possible so early. Glad to hear you had such a nice day!
do share..how do i do it?


and OT, but is anyone else having amazing(not the X-rated variety) dreams? Mine is actually a continuing storyline (that I am just LOOOOOVING) of which I'm the star...every time I Go to bed it's like a show and to be honest, everyday I can't WAIT to go to sleep just so I can enter dreamland and I do not want to wake up.
I totally know that I'm using it to escape reality right now but I don't care! I was actually goin to post on the mental health section of the boards asking if *wanting* to escape reality this way could be a sign of depression. anyone know?

Am I the only one? :
post #74 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post
do share..how do i do it?
Feeling your fundus...you want to lay down on your back in bed and feel around just above your pubic bone. If your uterus has reached your abdomen you'll be able to feel a firm, muscle-like (ok, well it is a muscle) ridge. At this point its probably about the size of a large orange (normally being the size of a pear in its non-preggo state). Most often the uterus doesn't become abdominal until about 10-12 weeks but for mamas who've given birth lots before or who may be carrying multiples, it can be felt sooner. Just make sure to have an empty bladder so you don't end up confusing it for your uterus.

As for the vivid dreams...I would enjoy it while it lasts for you. Many mamas find themselves having very vivid dreams in pregnancy. It is completely normal as long as its not interfering with other parts of your life. I had a crazy on-going dream about giving birth to kittens w/ my last pregancy. I must have had it every night for over a week. It was actually kind of cool and I couldn't wait til I could doze off and enter dreamland. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed when dd turned out to be a human instead of a feline, LOL!!
post #75 of 95
And don't expect to be able to feel it by now. (Just a warning because I don't want you to worry if you can't) This is my 4th baby and yesterday my midwife said mine wasn't high enough to feel yet at 10 weeks. I'm smallish but not thin.
post #76 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
As for the vivid dreams...I would enjoy it while it lasts for you. Many mamas find themselves having very vivid dreams in pregnancy. It is completely normal as long as its not interfering with other parts of your life. I had a crazy on-going dream about giving birth to kittens w/ my last pregancy. I must have had it every night for over a week. It was actually kind of cool and I couldn't wait til I could doze off and enter dreamland. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed when dd turned out to be a human instead of a feline, LOL!!
LoL I have been having crazy weird dream (no X rated dreams really lol) but usually I don't dream. ever. but lately i will doze off for about 20 minutes and dream lol! i'm kinda liking them *although* oftentimes there will be sexy dream that, ummmm, don't include my DH, so I always wake up like *WTH* we will just keep those dreams to ourself and /not/tell/DH/
post #77 of 95
OMG I am so tired today, I feel like a zombie. Or like I'm having an out of body experience. I feel like taking a nap at my desk. Oh no!

My dreams are crazy. I've had quite a few odd ones, but the most recent one (beside the nightmare I had about LOST last night, lol) was that my baby was a boy, and he was so QUICK at picking up nursing! He just climbed up my belly and was like, give me boob! That being said, we were also on a huge spacecraft, like the Daedalus from Stargate Atlantis, and we were going on some sort of mission to another galaxy. Go figure! Crazy dreams, but they are a lot of fun. I do think about what sort of adventure I'm going to have at night before I fall asleep!

11 weeks today!!
post #78 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
LoL I have been having crazy weird dream (no X rated dreams really lol) but usually I don't dream. ever. but lately i will doze off for about 20 minutes and dream lol! i'm kinda liking them *although* oftentimes there will be sexy dream that, ummmm, don't include my DH, so I always wake up like *WTH* we will just keep those dreams to ourself and /not/tell/DH/
Ahem. No comment.


post #79 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
Bumping this thread instead of starting one...

I had my MW appt today. Nothing interesting really but I like it that way. She wasn't able to find the hb with the doppler so she went ahead and checked with the US real quick. Baby was dancing around. I had my run of the mill prenatal lab work done by the MW in her office so that was nice and easy. And painless!

(Note to Tara- Have them use a butterfly needle. You can't even feel it!)

So DH had taken off the whole day for my appointment and we have had a nice day together shopping and running errands. I am SOO GLAD the morning sickness is gone now.

To top off a really great day, I got home to see that I won the cutest babystyle outfit NWT on ebay for 24 dollars!
Thanks for thinking of me.... If I hadn't decided to postpone my first visit, it would've been today. Why am I feeling such terrible anxiety today over something that isn't even happening today! It's like my body knows it was supposed to be today and is thus freaking out. *shiver* I don't think I'm worried about the pain of the initial stick....it's more of the way it'll feel and what they're doing during. The idea of what it is weirds me out and makes me squirm. blehh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
Joro, good news! Isn't it incredible to see them wiggling around??

I brought my sister with me today so she could see the u/s and take a video of it for us! If you're interested, here are babies A & B! I was a little upset that B was sleeping, because last night I had a very brief ultrasound where both of them were asleep...

Last night I was in to meet the nurse at my OB practice, and I was very unhappy with the style and attitude. I want OUT of this practice, even though I'm only going to be here in PA for another 6 weeks. Their "care" has me seriously considering a homebirth.
That is too neat!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Baby Cakes So sorry to hear you're feeling icky again. Hopefully since you're so close to the 2nd tri, you'll only feel icky a couple more times.
post #80 of 95
Hey guys!

Its been a while since I've been on here, busy times lately and not much on-computer time it seems! I'm 10 weeks as of today. Still feeling not AS bad as the last pregnancy. I think I am better at forcing myself to eat every few hours - despite feeling like I'm going to throw up, and whenever I do eat I immediately feel better. That and havnig an 18 month old who won't let me sit down, certainly not lie down on the couch and moan all night, I think is making me handle it better. I'm having some crazy cravings this pregnancy, though, last time nothing sounded good - this time I am eating things I never eat, mostly junk food! Well smoothies, those are good, but MacDonalds? Kraft Dinner???! Ugh, so bad.

Sorry so many people are feeling icky again. I remember having a bit of a reprieve around 9/10 weeks before m/s came back with a vengence for another 3-4 weeks. Mine truly didn't end at 12/13 weeks last time, and the food aversions stayed until the end.

I love the video of the twins, that is so amazing. Makes me think we should video our ultrasounds too, I wonder if they would allow it? Last time my cell phone rang and the woman yelled at me, said it would mess up the machines? Strange...

Lindsay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2008
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › October 2008 › Weekly chit-chat thread 3/9-3/15