or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

younger mamas/to be?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
just wondering if theres any other younger ladies due in sept? i'm 21 and pregnant with our 2nd. i know most people on here are older than me and i was hoping to connect with a few ladies my own age.
post #2 of 25
I'm 25 and pregnant with our 3rd. I was 21 when I got pregnant with our first. Don't know if I count as younger.... lol!
post #3 of 25
I'm 24 and pregnant with #1. I always said I wanted to have my first baby when I was 25, and this one is due a month before my 25th birthday, so I almost made it, lol!
post #4 of 25
I'm 21, and on my 3rd pregnancy. (first DD was stillborn 2 days after my 20th b-day, plus one m/c last July)
post #5 of 25
I'm 23 and will be 24 by September. Does that count?

A lot of my friends reacted like it was crazy that I was pregnant. Uh, we're not in high school anymore. I think this is a great age to have a baby!
post #6 of 25
I'm 22 and pregnant with our first child. I actually just found out that my cousin got his 17 yo g/f pregnant. He's 21 btw. She's really nice though, and I will have her staying with me for my 6th/7th month of pregnancy. She's due in November. So now she's asking me what she'll be going through during the first tri and i've been filling her in.
post #7 of 25
I will be 25 when my 2nd is born, does that count? Sometimes I feel way older though, like when my dude wants to stay up all night playing We got married when I had barely turned 20 and people were pretty reluctant to congratulate...it was always, "If I had married the person i was with when I was 20, blah blah" Ah well, I am happy with how my life is coming along and am glad that I won't be too creaky when my first few graduate high school!
post #8 of 25
I'm 24 but I don't feel young. I was 21 when my first was born.
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenarthra View Post
We got married when I had barely turned 20 and people were pretty reluctant to congratulate...it was always, "If I had married the person i was with when I was 20, blah blah"
Yeah, same here... cept I was 20 3/4 when we got married (got married dec 12th, 2006... b-day was feb 7th), 21 when we had a ceremony with family and friends. A bunch of people were saying "you should wait till you're 30 to know who you are, then you can get married" I was like "f*** that! I love him, we're getting married now! I've waited 2 years to marry this guy... i'm tired of waiting!" lol.
post #10 of 25
I got married at 19, had Samuel at 21 and Atley at 23. But now I'm a ripe old 28, so I guess I don't qualify anymore.

My high school friends are TTC their first and I'm pg with my third...after two years of TTC. I'm excited that now maybe they'll finally "get" what I've been doing for the past 10 years, ya know?!?
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris427 View Post
I'm 23 and will be 24 by September. Does that count?

A lot of my friends reacted like it was crazy that I was pregnant. Uh, we're not in high school anymore. I think this is a great age to have a baby!
I'm with you on that one, Iris. Right now, I get the impression from many people that they think you're "supposed" to go have a career for a couple years first, and then have babies when you're older. That's a great plan for someone who WANTS to do it that way, but what's wrong with having them young, when you have all the energy....not to mention that the kids will be out of the house when you're still young enough to accomplish a few more things on your own. I'm not bashing anyone else's choices, I just think that there are good things about having kids young. I'm very excited to be pregnant at my age.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB View Post
I'm 24 and pregnant with #1. I always said I wanted to have my first baby when I was 25, and this one is due a month before my 25th birthday, so I almost made it, lol!

LOL, I always said I wanted a kid by my 29th birthday, and I'm due a week and a half after my 29th birthday!!
post #13 of 25
I'm 28 years old now and having my fifth, so I'm not the 'young' mama I was when I had my first a week after turning 21, and 3 kids by the time I was 23!
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenarthra View Post
I will be 25 when my 2nd is born, does that count? Sometimes I feel way older though, like when my dude wants to stay up all night playing We got married when I had barely turned 20 and people were pretty reluctant to congratulate...it was always, "If I had married the person i was with when I was 20, blah blah" Ah well, I am happy with how my life is coming along and am glad that I won't be too creaky when my first few graduate high school!
DH and I got married 2 weeks after I turned 19 (he was 21). We've been together over 2 years now, and been through a lot together, including 2 losses and a 15 month deployment. Being young doesn't doom a relationship.
post #15 of 25
Goin through a deployment right now myself. Hubby just left. He's gone for 7 months and won't be back in time for the birth.
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
Goin through a deployment right now myself. Hubby just left. He's gone for 7 months and won't be back in time for the birth.
mama, DH travels a lot for work and I am so afraid of him not being here when the baby is born.

I am 25 and pregnant with our 3rd. We had DS when I was 19, DD shortly after I turned 23 and this baby will be born right after I turn 26. I have never really felt like a young mama or really thought of myself as one though. I guess it's because I always planned to have kids early and have always been the "mommy type".
post #17 of 25
I am 25 and pg with my 3rd. I was 20 when my first was conceived.

I dont feel like a young mama until I go out to a group/library/playschool/park/swimming pool and always realize that Im the youngest mom there.
I have a few friends my age with kids, but they were all unplanned.

Everyone thinks were crazy for not doing the 'career' thing first. bah to them.
post #18 of 25
I'm 25 now, but was 18 when ds was born. He however wasn't planned, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. This one was planned, ds is soo excited about being a big brother. I can't wait to see how they will interact. I still feel like I'm a "young" mother. I like the idea that I'll be 36 when ds graduates from high school. I also like the idea that we probably won't have to figure out a way to pay for 2 kids to go to college at the same time.
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmie981 View Post
I got married at 19, had Samuel at 21 and Atley at 23. But now I'm a ripe old 28, so I guess I don't qualify anymore.

My high school friends are TTC their first and I'm pg with my third...after two years of TTC. I'm excited that now maybe they'll finally "get" what I've been doing for the past 10 years, ya know?!?
Same here! I just turned 28 but I'm expecting our #5 & #6 kids. I was 22 when I had my first. My friends from high school are just starting to settle down, get married, and have kids. It's going to be interesting to go to my 10-year reunion this year and see how everyone has changed.
post #20 of 25
Well, I'm not a young mom. I had my first at 29. But, my parents were 19 when I was born, and both sets of my grandparents were young when they started their families. I loved having younger parents. Plus, I knew all my grandparents into my adulthood, and even one set of great-grandparents. Dh's parents seem so OLD in comparison to mine, and he only knew one grandparent on each side. Plus, my kids will have a lot of time with their grandparents, since my parents are still so young. So, there are lots of advantages to having kids young.

Sometimes I feel like I waited a little too long, but it has worked out well for us this way. There are benefits both ways, I think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: September 2008