or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 28

post #541 of 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylove View Post
LOVE IT! It's beautiful! I really want a tree on my left arm.
post #542 of 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Is this still going on because I have a piercing question?

Long story short: After years of issues due to nickle allergy I started wearing barbells and loved them. I started with 18 gauge because I'd only worn earwires once in a blue moon. I moved to 16 gauge recently with no problem. What I'm wondering is how long should I wait if I decide to go to 14?
Use jojoba oil on your ears, it will help them stretch and stay moisturized.

Also, you could try something other than metal. Wood is amazing, light weight and organic. No allergies there.

HTH
post #543 of 703
Hi!

Currently, three tattoos, three piercings, and stretched ears (half inch) - finally decided on what my right arm sleeve is going to be; a birthing sleeve! It's going to start around my wrist with ocean related birthing symbology (think pregnant male seahorses) and work up in a layered fashion - ending in a tree of life; the branches and leaves stopping at the tip of my shoulder. Super excited; think that I've decided on Big O Tattoo in Lincoln, NE.

So glad to see that there's other modified folk on this website. :]
post #544 of 703
Can I join this tribe? I have 3 tats(soon to be more), and 5 piercings and one that has been retired but I will be getting again soon. I'm in love with body art and its my vice, I think I will fit in here perfectly!
post #545 of 703
Has anyone here gauged their nose piercing? I'm thinking of going a little bigger, but not quite sure yet.
post #546 of 703
Thread Starter 
I had my nostril done but never gauged it. Why do you want to? Are you wearing a CBR and want a bugger gauge ring? What gauge are you at now?
post #547 of 703
Why? I just want something a bit bigger and funner.
I think it's a 20. It's the same one since I got it repierced a couple years ago.
CBR?
post #548 of 703
Thread Starter 
CBR is a captive ball ring. If you are just wearing a nose screw and want a bigger ball, you don't have to go up in gauge, I wasn't sure if you were wearing a ring or nose screw.
post #549 of 703
Ahh, ok.
,I have the screw. (i like that sentence ) I thought I needed to go bigger to get more interest.
I'll have to think about this more.
Thanks
post #550 of 703
Thread Starter 
naw, if you are wearing a nose screw you can just get one with a bigger ball, you don't need to gauge up.
post #551 of 703

Nose Piercing

Going to get my nose pierced in two weeks. From what I've read, piercers usually pierce at 20g. Not sure what type of stud they pierce with. Do you have to pick your own when you go or is there a standard type they use?

Should I go with stainless steel, 14K gold, or titanium? Which will be more conducive to healing?

I will definitely ask all these questions when I go, but just looking for a heads up. Thanks in advance.
post #552 of 703
I just had my nose pierced and I think they did a 16ga, but not totally sure.
post #553 of 703
Hi all!

I'm starting my first tattoo in a few weeks. The artist is working on it now but it will be a half sleeve of birds and bees. I'm so excited and nervous already!

No piercing, I'm not a big jewelry wearer.

I've loved browsing through everyone's tattoo pics, so beautiful!
post #554 of 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
I just had my nose pierced and I think they did a 16ga, but not totally sure.

Thanks. I got it done today. He used an 18gauge. I love it!
post #555 of 703
Hi, I'm working on my first half sleeve right now. This will tattoo #7. I finally found an amazing tattoo artist here in my city, and had the money so I went for it. She's been wonderful, and I'm so happy with it so far. This is also my first experience with having an artist custom design a tattoo for me. I just gave her a bunch of ideas, and told her what I really liked about her other tattoos, and she went from there, and the results couldn't have been any better then what I imagined. Here are the pics I have of it, including the original design. I'm hoping it'll be done on Friday, which will being sitting 5, and it will have taken 16+ hours. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48471154@N07/?saved=1
post #556 of 703
Subbing! I have 4 tattoos, but no longer have any piercings. My body has rejected 8 of the 10, so i stopped. I cant wait to give birth and be done with nursing, as I'm contemplating a half sleeve or a full back piece!

This is my most recent, represents my being a surrogate last year as well as my own phoenix process via the cherry blossoms. I'm dying to add to it!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...1415tat012.jpg
post #557 of 703
Oooooo! Hey, mamas!!! Man, why didn't I think to look for you all in Mothering?

I stretched my lobes to 10 gauges last month, and battled a short-lived but nasty infection in one. When that cleared up, I don't know, maybe I had some residual bad feelings about it, because I began to second guess the whole thing! Ack! After all that!!!

So, I'm in need of some stretched-ears love!

I only own three pairs of earrings right now: the black horn spirals that I stretched with, these blue drop spirals, and these grapefruit-colored squids. I love them, but the jewelry is so much more expensive that I'm having to go slow with new pieces. That said, some Little Seven Cthulhu's are on my list as well as EVERYTHING in red horn from Kolo.
post #558 of 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockmomma View Post
Hi, I'm working on my first half sleeve right now. This will tattoo #7. I finally found an amazing tattoo artist here in my city, and had the money so I went for it. She's been wonderful, and I'm so happy with it so far. This is also my first experience with having an artist custom design a tattoo for me. I just gave her a bunch of ideas, and told her what I really liked about her other tattoos, and she went from there, and the results couldn't have been any better then what I imagined. Here are the pics I have of it, including the original design. I'm hoping it'll be done on Friday, which will being sitting 5, and it will have taken 16+ hours. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48471154@N07/?saved=1
Beautiful..Congratulations!
post #559 of 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
Oooooo! Hey, mamas!!! Man, why didn't I think to look for you all in Mothering?

I stretched my lobes to 10 gauges last month, and battled a short-lived but nasty infection in one. When that cleared up, I don't know, maybe I had some residual bad feelings about it, because I began to second guess the whole thing! Ack! After all that!!!

So, I'm in need of some stretched-ears love!

I only own three pairs of earrings right now: the black horn spirals that I stretched with, these blue drop spirals, and these grapefruit-colored squids. I love them, but the jewelry is so much more expensive that I'm having to go slow with new pieces. That said, some Little Seven Cthulhu's are on my list as well as EVERYTHING in red horn from Kolo.
I love the jewelry!! I've had the same 10 gage, weighted, stainless steel hoops in my ears for 4 years now. They're a pain to take out, and I like the simple look of them, but seeing this jewelry makes me want to get something new.
post #560 of 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post

So, I'm in need of some stretched-ears love!
I've got much love to share

Xmas present from my hubby, 1 5/8" Tiger's Eye from Evolve
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6608363_n.jpg

not the greatest photo, but you can see them. William Morris plugs from Gorilla Glass:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...60_6412292.jpg


Gorilla Glass Lifesavers:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...43743_6678.jpg

Bad photo, but they really are gorgeous. "Ice Princess" from OneTribe (Quartz/Agate geode inclusions):
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...05689_7849.jpg

Mayan opalite from Tawapa:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...95440_1244.jpg

I don't have any good photos of my wood goodies from Omerica
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II