or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Hello??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello?? - Page 3

post #41 of 92
Happy this forum has arrived!

Neither of my DSs (DS1 is almost 2 years and DS2 is 7.5 months) is vaxed, nor will they ever be.
post #42 of 92
Yay, we are not vaxing either DS1 is fully vaxed ( ) but DS2 has not received a single one.
post #43 of 92
Huh. I had no idea that this was in the works. I like it
post #44 of 92
No vaxes here either...woo hoo!!!!
post #45 of 92
Ds1 was going to be delayed/selective. Had first vaxes at 6 months & reacted. No more vaxes for any kiddo of mine!
post #46 of 92
Very cool

dd is 18 and unvaxed

I was vaxed as a kid against my will, but have had no vaxes in the last 25+ years.
post #47 of 92
YAY! A forum just for us

My twins are completely vax free and will stay that way!
post #48 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy View Post
I'm here too * and we wouldnt couldnt in a house, we shouldnt wouldnt with a mouse.....we just wont take that vax no more, not in a clinic or a store....I will not vax my children there, I will not vax them anywhere
:good one!* We're a non-vax'ing family too!
post #49 of 92
So glad to find this
Way to go MDC

DD 27 months DS 8 months NO VAXES
post #50 of 92


NO vaccinating here
post #51 of 92

Support?

I am new here, and looking for support on my No-VACCINES desicion. I wouldn't say that I am on the fence still. I would say I am leaning towards no vaccines, but am still a little scared. I (and my entire family) have been so condtioned to think we NEED vaccines, that its been hard to cross over. But I have done ALOT of research and am petrified by what I have found. I am still trying to convince my husband that we need to cease ALL further vaccinations. My son is not quite six months old yet, and I had this horrible sinking feeling everytime I took him for his "well baby". When I questioned my doctor, he got REALLY cocky. I have since dropped him, and am awaiting our six month checkup at the end of March. I definetly called around to see who would not give me a hard time about not vaccinating. I found a woman doctor who has only been in the practise for a few years, and am hoping she will be a little more open to alternative methods of health. (the older doctors seem to be so "set in their ways"). I guess what I am looking for here is other parents telling me, No, I have not vaccinated, and YES, my children are very healthy and happy!
post #52 of 92
Hey! New baby boy is unvaxed and my 2 yo was only vaxed up until 4-6 month shots. She had a reaction and thats the reason we have stopped all vaccinations for all the kids.

Happy to have this support! I'm headed off to a well baby check in a little while.
post #53 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emler1124 View Post
I am new here, and looking for support on my No-VACCINES desicion. I wouldn't say that I am on the fence still. I would say I am leaning towards no vaccines, but am still a little scared. I (and my entire family) have been so condtioned to think we NEED vaccines, that its been hard to cross over. But I have done ALOT of research and am petrified by what I have found. I am still trying to convince my husband that we need to cease ALL further vaccinations. My son is not quite six months old yet, and I had this horrible sinking feeling everytime I took him for his "well baby". When I questioned my doctor, he got REALLY cocky. I have since dropped him, and am awaiting our six month checkup at the end of March. I definetly called around to see who would not give me a hard time about not vaccinating. I found a woman doctor who has only been in the practise for a few years, and am hoping she will be a little more open to alternative methods of health. (the older doctors seem to be so "set in their ways"). I guess what I am looking for here is other parents telling me, No, I have not vaccinated, and YES, my children are very healthy and happy!
I think many of us have been in your position, mama.....keep reading and researching. Check out this blog http://insidevaccines.com/ for some great information
post #54 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy View Post
I think many of us have been in your position, mama.....keep reading and researching. Check out this blog http://insidevaccines.com/ for some great information
I did, thank you! And the more I read from independent sources, (And not government funded research sources) the more disgusted I get and the guiltier I feel about letting him get vaccinated the first couple times. I should have gone with my gut instinct the day he was born, and I didnt. A mother always knows whats best for her baby. Something Doctors hate to admit. But my mind is made up, and I feel better for it! He will be healthier and smarter then any other member in our family!
post #55 of 92
hi!
mama to a baby with an intact inmune system here...i read 7 books on vaccines while preg, and continue reading anything i can. i always had this feeling that vaxes weren't something i wanted. i remember being a teen, and hiding in the bathroom in school 'cause health oficials were coming to vaccinate us! they didn't get me!
but my problem is, i'm in mexico. i've been searching and searching and i'm not sure if here there are legal exemptions, so far i haven't found anything...if someone knows where i can find more info, i will really apreciate it
post #56 of 92
No vax mama here to 2 very healthy kids!
post #57 of 92
wooooo It only took me 3 days to realize this new board had started.

::

Thanks MDC!

Emler - go through the archives. There is tons of info! Or just start a new thread and I'm sure it will get more responses.
post #58 of 92
Count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy View Post
I'm here too and we wouldnt couldnt in a house, we shouldnt wouldnt with a mouse.....we just wont take that vax no more, not in a clinic or a store....I will not vax my children there, I will not vax them anywhere
I won't vax my kids at the mall or the drive through either


(We had flu shot clinics in our mall, and there was a drive-through clinic too.)
post #59 of 92
We stopped Vaxing when DD was 2 and she is now 3.

We will NEVER do it again!!!!

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #60 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emler1124 View Post
I did, thank you! And the more I read from independent sources, (And not government funded research sources) the more disgusted I get and the guiltier I feel about letting him get vaccinated the first couple times. I should have gone with my gut instinct the day he was born, and I didnt. A mother always knows whats best for her baby. Something Doctors hate to admit. But my mind is made up, and I feel better for it! He will be healthier and smarter then any other member in our family!
Heck, the govt stuff is freaky enough if you know what to look for!! Thankfully they don't think that parents will educate themselves to take the time to actually learn how to decode their stuff....and I'm sooo far away from being an expert but I'm getting better. Glad to have you here!
You know....I had the same thing going with my son when he was born...I knew about the vax controversy due to reading Mothering years ago....in my first marriage I didn't come HERE though...I tried to research on my own and got the way out there scare stuff that was anti-vax. I put it out of my mind...didn't want to think about it...I had a very rough pregnancy anyway and just wanted to get through that.

Then though...my gut always knew that it was wrong. I cringed, I worried. I also had a very bad first ped who gave HORRID bf'ing advice and I found out I was lied to (long story, not for this forum). It made me wonder what else was I being lied to about? It didn't make sense. And I let him be vaxed up to 6 mo, somewhat selectively. It wasn't until I came here that my eyes were opened. When I started questioning things to the doctor, they started spewing the same stuff that other people here had told to them. And that's when I realized that when people start telling you you're crazy, you're ignorant, you're this or that.....then you're doing something right!

Then I found out autism hits boys more than girls and that sealed it for me...my gut should have been listened to. I hadn't listened to it before and deeply regretted it in another area, I was going to listen this time. Autism was my first fear, but it just grew until I realized that autism is barely the tip of the iceberg of a whole huge disgusting mess. The first time I saw the ingredients in vaxes from the CDC themselves had me convinced. Researching the diseases, treatments, risk factors convinced me more.

It's nice to have a forum like this....selective and delayed have their own (and hats off to them for questioning and bucking the traditional schedules, even if it's not a decision I would make for my kids) and the main forum for general stuff...now we have our own
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Hello??