or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › TX Exemption forms now online!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TX Exemption forms now online!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Don't know how many of us on here are in TX...but it was time for me to resubmit my request for forms and look here:

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize...htm#exclusions

The Reason of Concience (philo/religious) form request is now online!

(You'll see the spot for the normal request forms in PDF/Word..then below that you'll see a link for the online request.)
post #2 of 18
You mean we don't have to fax anything in anymore? We can just type in our info online and they'll mail the forms to us? Wow. Double-wow. I've gotta say I'm stunned. I thought the fax/mail in a written request thing was part of deterring people from getting exemptions. Looks like my cynicism was wrong-headed.
post #3 of 18
Very good to know! (I hope they are still good for 2 years as before.)
post #4 of 18
You still have to submit the child's name and birthdate:.
post #5 of 18
Wooo Whoo! So much better than having to mail or fax. Thanks! Bookmarking now for new babe.

-Angela
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline II View Post
You still have to submit the child's name and birthdate:.
Yep, but in other states it's even MORE information followed by the yearly lecture.
post #7 of 18
I've been meaning to do this. Now that it is easier I'll get around to it. Thanks!
Karen
post #8 of 18
Forms requested

My DD only stays with me and her nana, so I haven't worried about this. I'm thinking about sending her to an in home daycare while my mom is traveling. Looks like I'll be needing this.
Karen
post #9 of 18
Wonderful! We don't need to resubmit for a while, and we're homeschooling so I haven't had to use them yet...but I like to have them on hand just in case. I'm glad it will be much easier the next time I need them. Thanks.
post #10 of 18
awesome!
thansk for the link
post #11 of 18
Woohoo!! Now I don't have to pay to get it notarized and fax it!!
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlygirls View Post
Woohoo!! Now I don't have to pay to get it notarized and fax it!!


You never had to get the letter REQUESTING the forms notarized...

-Angela
post #13 of 18
Sorry! Prego brain last night. I was thinking this way I didn't have to get the form notarized. I think it is stupid. In CA you sign the back of the little blue card, "yes I am a bad parent" and you are done. TX makes it a PITA.

OT, but I never had to use a notary until moving here. I have needed it for the vaccine exemptions and court paperwork for a speeding ticket. :
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlygirls View Post
Sorry! Prego brain last night. I was thinking this way I didn't have to get the form notarized. I think it is stupid. In CA you sign the back of the little blue card, "yes I am a bad parent" and you are done. TX makes it a PITA.

OT, but I never had to use a notary until moving here. I have needed it for the vaccine exemptions and court paperwork for a speeding ticket. :


TX has a thing with having stuff notarized a small pain, but not a big deal.

On the other hand, here you don't have to do *anything* to homeschool... No forms, no regulations, no nothing

-Angela
post #15 of 18
re: notary

Banks - at least Credit Uinons - usually offer notary services for members for FREE
And, as well we all know, F much better than paying for it! :P
Thanks for the link! I needed to send it to my SIL and have been putting it off becasue I didn't want to look for the link (shame on me, lol).
This makes it much easier!
post #16 of 18
YESS!! I just requested mine. Anything that makes it easier on me.
post #17 of 18
Thank you so much for this great website. I'm just in the process of getting things ready for the fall, and this answered a lot of questions for me. I've already requested my forms! I'm new to all this. But I do have a question, and I thought this was a good place to ask, since all of you are fellow Texans. Just so I'm clear, Texas lets us CHOOSE which vax's to get and which ones we are opposed? I saw on the 909shot.com website that most states (thier words) require you to be opposed to all, not some, vax's. Can anyone straighten me out on this? Can things be different for your 2 different kids (DS#1 is 4 and is supposed to have MMR #2, and I'm undecided on this, but DS#2 has 1yr well visit this summer, and I'm absolutely opposed to MMR because I think he's too young)? Not meaning to hijack, I just thought these questions might help others, too. TIA!
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlymamma View Post
Thank you so much for this great website. I'm just in the process of getting things ready for the fall, and this answered a lot of questions for me. I've already requested my forms! I'm new to all this. But I do have a question, and I thought this was a good place to ask, since all of you are fellow Texans. Just so I'm clear, Texas lets us CHOOSE which vax's to get and which ones we are opposed? I saw on the 909shot.com website that most states (thier words) require you to be opposed to all, not some, vax's. Can anyone straighten me out on this? Can things be different for your 2 different kids (DS#1 is 4 and is supposed to have MMR #2, and I'm undecided on this, but DS#2 has 1yr well visit this summer, and I'm absolutely opposed to MMR because I think he's too young)? Not meaning to hijack, I just thought these questions might help others, too. TIA!
Correct. TX is one of the VERY few states that lets you pick and choose. Shouldn't matter if it's different for the two kids.


-Angela
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › TX Exemption forms now online!