or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › July 2008 › Need full-term baby vibes UPDATE #87
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need full-term baby vibes UPDATE #87

post #1 of 153
Thread Starter 
I called the CNM's office this morning, after gushing blood for 2.5 days, and no one seemed to be overly concerned about it. But I felt like I was swimming in it this morning. So I headed over to L&D and said that I'd really like to leave this place without my cervical polyp so I can quit bleeding. weeeelllll, it doesn't look like it is the polyp causing the problem. The CNM said my cervix looks raw and erroded, interesting, since it didn't look that way just a week ago. So I had another u/s, and the placenta and everything is okay, but my fluid was down by half of what it was a week ago. That pretty much accounts for why I've noticed an increase in the bleeding. It's not all blood, some of it is amniotic fluid. So I was pretty much given that the only option is to transfer to the large hospital in the area, and live there until the baby is born. I'll be 26 weeks on Monday. I cried and sobbed and begged for other options. I can't imagine leaving my family for that long. The CNM finally came back and said I could have a shot of steroids now, and another in 24 hours, at which point, they will check my fluids again to see if it's changed appreciably, and if not, then maybe this can be managed on an outpatient basis. The good news is the baby is doing fine and my cervix is absolutely closed and long. The bad news is, I'm leaking fluid, and I've allowed a speculum exam and a transvaginal u/s. No more of either, obviously, and we'll wait until Monday when I'll go to the larger hospital to see if they want me on antibiotics. I can't express how crushed I am. I went from planning a peaceful homebirth to being a high-risk patient. I've got DH out right now buying me vit C, and i'm taking cal/mag/zinc, but I don't think there is much hope of the bag resealing at this point. It's been three days, and it's just not likely. I really hope I don't end up in the hospital, but maybe that's what needs to happen. I'll miss my kids and DH, and my horse, and pretty much everything else, and I'm just whining now. I'm hoping for good news tomorrow. Until then, I'm going to drink gallons and hope for the best.
post #2 of 153


I am so sorry mama! Sometimes our babes have different plans for us! I hope you have one that stays put long enough to be healthy. I am so so sorry!
post #3 of 153
I'm so sorry! Sending full-term baby vibes your way!
post #4 of 153
Oh that must be so hard on you and your family. It's not time yet baby!
post #5 of 153
I'll be thinking good full term thoughts for ya! I've been following things with ya since the ttc boards.
post #6 of 153
My goodness! I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time this time! Sending full term vibes and hoping for good news.
post #7 of 153
Sending big fat chubby pink & healthy full term baby vibes your way!!!!

Oh, quarter, my heart sank when I saw your post here. I'm so sorry you're in this spot. Have you been in touch with your HB MW? Many HB MW's treat premature membrane rupture much different than hospital protocol. You're not past the window of opportunity to reseal & refill your bags.

During my last pregnancy when I was 31 weeks pregnant, my membranes ruptured & I chose homecare with a HB MW instead of hospital care. I just felt in my heart & in my research that it was the best decision for me & my baby. If you feel the hospital is your best bet, then by all means, go for it. You really need to make the best decision for you & him/her.

But, if you want support to move home & out of the hospital, Im more than happy to share my story with you & advice.

Here's a really wonderful thread about dealing with PROM. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ight=prom+nuts
post #8 of 153
It sounds like you are doing what's best for you and baby...and sometimes that means allowing medical intervention when necessary. I hope things improve. Keep us posted.
post #9 of 153
Oh no! Sending you many full-term, chubby healthy baby vibes. :vibes
post #10 of 153
Hoping the baby will stay in a while longer, and that things will work out for the best.
post #11 of 153
Oh, I'm sorry. Sending lots of good thoughts for a healthy, well-baked baby!
post #12 of 153
We will keep you in our thoughts as well, good luck and stay put vibes. Bag sealing vibes coming your way mama!!!
post #13 of 153
thinking positive thoughs for you and your LO
post #14 of 153
One more thing! Here's a touch of silver lining in a truly! undesirable situation. Most experts say that if labor doesn't start within 24 hours of PROM, then it most likely won't. So, the GOOD thing about your water breaking about 3 days ago is that you didn't labor & birth your baby in those first 24 hours. So, really that is wonderful.

Comfort, love, peace & full term baby vibes!
post #15 of 153
keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
post #16 of 153
I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you don't have to be away from your family...that this can be handled on an outpatient basis.
post #17 of 153
Oh no! So sorry to hear about this. Having a twin pregnancy I always have premature labour thoughts on my mind and one of the hardest things I can imagine is being away from my other two children for any length of time. Positive thoughts are being sent your way!
post #18 of 153
Oh no!! If you need anything, ANYTHING, even just company if you get stuck in the hospital, I'm not THAT far away and would be more than happy to come and bring you whatever.
post #19 of 153
So sorry you are going through this. Praying for a full term delivery for you.
post #20 of 153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2008
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › July 2008 › Need full-term baby vibes UPDATE #87