or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › July 2008 › Need full-term baby vibes UPDATE #87
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need full-term baby vibes UPDATE #87 - Page 2

post #21 of 153
Oh Quarter, you are in my thoughts!
post #22 of 153
Mama you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending you lots of bag sealing vibes... Think ziplock.
post #23 of 153
OH NO!! I am soooo sorry you are going thru this! Your post just breaks my heart. I hope everything turns out well....Hoping for a chubby little healthy full term baby.
post #24 of 153
Do they know if its both layers of the bag or just the outer layer? If its just the outer then its not nearly so much of a problem.

I hope that things calm down for you and that you still get the homebirth you want!
post #25 of 153
I hope bag seals itself up tight this very instant!
post #26 of 153
what is going on!!! i've been a part of tons of groups for my last 4 pregnancies, i just don't get why there are so many things going on.

quarter, when i saw this, all i could think was "oh, no" i'm so praying for you and have been. its interesting reading spark's story and khourt's ongoing story (thank God) and how it can go. Spark's got a lot of good advice and i've also heard that stevia can increase the amount of fluid. what terrible news for you but i'm so glad you are not in a worse situation. good thing you went in when you did, otherwise it could've just been worse.
my heart is so with you right now and i'm so sorry you're faced with this right now. please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
post #27 of 153
:
post #28 of 153
oh dear... s mama! lots of good vibes your way.
post #29 of 153
Oh no! I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm hoping for a good outcome for you and your little one.
It is soooo hard to have to give up on your plans for a peaceful homebirth.
Hugs, honey!
post #30 of 153


I am so sorry this is happening. I hope it seals back up.
post #31 of 153
quarter, I just want to say I'm thinking of you too, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad about what Spark said...you made it past the first 24 hours, so just keep on a cookin. Let's seal up that bag and keep baby in for a lot more time.

I really feel for you ladies who are going through it....I'm just thankful every day at this point that I have intact waters and all.....really wanting to "hold the line" over here!

I hope whatever you're going through right now feels ok for you.

I think our whole thread needs full term baby vibes!
post #32 of 153
I'm also thinking about you and hoping you are able to keep that baby in a bit longer. I know what you mean about being away from your other kids for so long. Hopefully you can keep the baby in long enough that it's born healther though. Your other kids will understand.
post #33 of 153
Thread Starter 
Thanks all for the vibes, good thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated. I'm not currently leaking anything, and I had a better night than I've had in the past, I think because I was sleeping upright so not a lot escaped. I had trickles, not gushes like in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Sending big fat chubby pink & healthy full term baby vibes your way!!!!

Oh, quarter, my heart sank when I saw your post here. I'm so sorry you're in this spot. Have you been in touch with your HB MW? Many HB MW's treat premature membrane rupture much different than hospital protocol. You're not past the window of opportunity to reseal & refill your bags.

During my last pregnancy when I was 31 weeks pregnant, my membranes ruptured & I chose homecare with a HB MW instead of hospital care. I just felt in my heart & in my research that it was the best decision for me & my baby. If you feel the hospital is your best bet, then by all means, go for it. You really need to make the best decision for you & him/her.

But, if you want support to move home & out of the hospital, Im more than happy to share my story with you & advice.

Here's a really wonderful thread about dealing with PROM. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ight=prom+nuts
That is a very good thread. I'm not sure how good a candidate for homecare I am, just based on the fact that I didn't keep everything out of my sacred space. :
My homebirth MW was with me almost the whole time I was at the hospital yesterday. She was totally awesome, a great negotiator when DH and I were totally overwhelmed by the news we got. She thinks I can make it several more weeks, but I think she pretty much thinks I'll have a premie, like everyone else. But still no signs of labor for me. 2 BH contractions in the last 24 hours. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs rockstar View Post
Oh no!! If you need anything, ANYTHING, even just company if you get stuck in the hospital, I'm not THAT far away and would be more than happy to come and bring you whatever.
Come on over anytime If I don't get stuck in the hospital either today or tomorrow, then I'll need an adult around for a bit, and my kids will need companions. I talked to my mom yesterday who said she might come out, but probably not for the whole 3 months if I go to term. I'l definitely be working with friends and neighbors and maybe suck it up and consider day care just to help get the rest I need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khourtniey View Post
Mama you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending you lots of bag sealing vibes... Think ziplock.
That's totally been my visualization, ziplock sealed, and not a line left behind, just a perfectly smooth bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
Do they know if its both layers of the bag or just the outer layer? If its just the outer then its not nearly so much of a problem.

I hope that things calm down for you and that you still get the homebirth you want!
No, they don't know for sure, but the fact that I lost half my volume of fluid is a pretty good indicator that it's both layers. Still not impossible to seal, but much harder.
post #34 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
That is a very good thread. I'm not sure how good a candidate for homecare I am, just based on the fact that I didn't keep everything out of my sacred space. :
My homebirth MW was with me almost the whole time I was at the hospital yesterday. She was totally awesome, a great negotiator when DH and I were totally overwhelmed by the news we got. She thinks I can make it several more weeks, but I think she pretty much thinks I'll have a premie, like everyone else.
I'm so glad she's been such a GREAT advocate in the hospital for you. That's wonderful wonderful support. I'm really glad she was there for you & your DH. I'm sorry though that she seems to think you'll have a preemie, too. Does that seem to you like reality you have to face or someone that doesn't believe in your body's powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
But still no signs of labor for me. 2 BH contractions in the last 24 hours. :
That is AWESOME, quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
I'l definitely be working with friends and neighbors and maybe suck it up and consider day care just to help get the rest I need.
This might be more information for you that the hospital is the best place for you & your babe right now then. It's oh so hard to go on complete bedrest with little ones in the house. I can assure you, while this won't be easy for them, they'll probably bounce back much faster than the adults. Can you ask to talk to a child psychologist while you're in the hospital? They have lots of good suggestions on how to help children through while the mom is hospitalized. Really really helpful things to assist them in processing what's happening.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
That's totally been my visualization, ziplock sealed, and not a line left behind, just a perfectly smooth bag.
ZIP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
No, they don't know for sure, but the fact that I lost half my volume of fluid is a pretty good indicator that it's both layers. Still not impossible to seal, but much harder.
I never had an U/S after my waters gushed prematurely, but I can describe the floor under me as huge puddle despite my clothing catching a lot of it and my fundal height shrunk by a significant amount. Mine still resealed. I send all that resealing magic to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
I'm not currently leaking anything, and I had a better night than I've had in the past, I think because I was sleeping upright so not a lot escaped. I had trickles, not gushes like in the past.
I'm so glad you're not leaking. That's wonderful! I would think inverting would be best to keep the baby from engaging/effacing. Do you feel better upright? Did you feel drawn to be upright or did someone tell you to stay upright?

As always, keep on following your heart.

Grow baby, reseal bags, feel loved quarter!
post #35 of 153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I never had an U/S after my waters gushed prematurely, but I can describe the floor under me as huge puddle despite my clothing catching a lot of it and my fundal height shrunk by a significant amount. Mine still resealed. I send all that resealing magic to you!
WOW!! Okay, my gushes weren't NEARLY like that, otherwise I would have sought help a lot sooner. I really did think they were just more blood, and didn't notice much of a change in the blood consistency. Oh, I hope it reseals.

I answered your other question in the other thread.
post #36 of 153
Oh honey!! I'ms so sorry!!!! I will keep you in my thought and prayers!!! I really hope that this is something that can be monitored at home! I know the feeling of not wanting to be away from home, the kiddos, etc.! I had the same worries when they told me how low my fluids were on Thursday and sent me for the other ultrasound with some thoughts that I might have to be on hospital bedrest, too! So I really hope you don't have to!!!

Prayers, vibes and hugs!! :
post #37 of 153
More sealing vibes to you today quater! I was coming to check on you. How are you holding up today?
post #38 of 153
I hope it reseals and you can keep that baby in for a good long time.
post #39 of 153
Thread Starter 
As soon as DH gets back from church, we are heading out for my second appointment. I noticed a bit more blood/fluid, but it seems to start and stop, unlike other days when it's been continuous. The kids are going home from church with another family. I hate hate hate sending my kids away, wondering when and where I'll see them again. and they are so little to try to understand why. Spark, I'll take your suggestion to talk to the psychologist, if not for them, then at least for me. I'm so not coping well with the idea of not being able to mother my other children.
post #40 of 153
Oh, mama, I am thinking of you! When I saw your thread I almost wept myself! I am sending you sticky vibes and lots of good thoughts for a healthy baby, no matter when he/she arrives. Please keep us posted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2008
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › July 2008 › Need full-term baby vibes UPDATE #87