or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 26

post #501 of 531
Awww, thanks, MaxiMom!
post #502 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
I think I missed Scout and Pippa :
Me too, I think

Happy Birthday!!
post #503 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
My doctor just called with my thyroid blood work. I thought my thyroid was off because I haven't had a period since weaning.


Nope, it's not my thyroid.

I'm pg.
WAHOOO! YAY MICHELLE! :
congratulations!!! what great news- hahah Maximom I was wrong!!
post #504 of 531
Happy Birthday Everyone! What a special month this was for all of us...sad to see it near the end.

Nice to see some 'faces' we haven't seen in a while!
post #505 of 531
Happy birthday to all the babes I missed! :

And woo-hoo Mclisa, CONGRATS!!!
The very first to get pregnant, wow, I never thoughts it would take that long for someone to get pregnant!!

Anika: Those 2 houses are darling! But I'd go for the second one for sure with all the problems in the first one... And a two story house, I'd be so envious! That's just lovely. You'll love owning a house, it's the best thing ever. :

I'm back at work since yesterday. Still coughing up a lung, but whatever. Romi's not sick anymore, so my antibodies really helped!

Maximom: I don't think I ever replied since MDC went down, but I'm so happy you got your gift!! And I was so worried you wouldn't like the stuff I got you... So I was thrilled to read your post

Shydaisy: hope Micah is on the mends, nothing work than puking. Ugh.
post #506 of 531
Yay!! Haven't posted in some time. Happy momma-day to all of you this month!
post #507 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post
I so hear you! We just bought a house and will be closing in 2 weeks -- Yikes! I'm so excited about getting out of this apartment!!! Here are some pics of it: http://tinyurl.com/57jdu6

Use the arrows at the bottom to scroll through the houses to 70 Cantor Lane. Then click on the photo of the house to see interior photos.
Gorgeous house! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
I decided today that I want to buy a house. Specifically this one. The prices in this town are nuts and this is in a great location (dead end street, downtown, close to a great park, library, school etc.) What do you think? Isn't it cute??!
I am sick and tired of renting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Wow, what a lovely house! That house would be like 400k here!
We went through that little house I linked to, and it's really sweet, BUT there are no closets. Not one. THe bedrooms are very, very, very teeny tiny. And there is a foundation issue under the kitchen addition. So we are considering it, because Trent is handy and we can deal with that stuff for the right price. Which will be a lot less than they're asking. So we'll see. Otherwise, I am thinking about this one.
Both are so cute - I really like that 2nd one!

Houses are so cheap around here - we would never be able to afford a $200K + house!! We bought our house 2.5 yrs ago for $103K. It's 1800 sq ft and (even though it was built in the 50's) it only had one previous owner. BUT we live in a small farm town that is about a 35 minute drive from all the shopping/restaurants/culture/jobs/etc. in a neighboring college town (Fayetteville, AR...Go Hogs! ) .....so I'm sure that's the difference. Sometimes I think I would LOVE to live in the "city", within walking distance to everything...but even in Fayetteville, I don't think we'd be able to afford it.

This is off the subject, but we had a really scary incident involving Scout choking on something this past weekend, which I wrote about HERE. So. Not. Fun. The whole thing just made me even more thankful for my sweet baby girl (if that was even possible)...and thankful that she is happy and healthy. And it made my heart absolutely ache for the mommas I know here on MDC who have lost little ones. I can't even imagine the horror - but for one brief moment, I think I caught a tiny glimpse of what it might be like to experience that kind of gut-wrenching pain. {shudder} I hope we never have a close call like that again.
post #508 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Gorgeous house! I love it!





Both are so cute - I really like that 2nd one!

Houses are so cheap around here - we would never be able to afford a $200K + house!! We bought our house 2.5 yrs ago for $103K. It's 1800 sq ft and (even though it was built in the 50's) it only had one previous owner. BUT we live in a small farm town that is about a 35 minute drive from all the shopping/restaurants/culture/jobs/etc. in a neighboring college town (Fayetteville, AR...Go Hogs! ) .....so I'm sure that's the difference. Sometimes I think I would LOVE to live in the "city", within walking distance to everything...but even in Fayetteville, I don't think we'd be able to afford it.

This is off the subject, but we had a really scary incident involving Scout choking on something this past weekend, which I wrote about HERE. So. Not. Fun. The whole thing just made me even more thankful for my sweet baby girl (if that was even possible)...and thankful that she is happy and healthy. And it made my heart absolutely ache for the mommas I know here on MDC who have lost little ones. I can't even imagine the horror - but for one brief moment, I think I caught a tiny glimpse of what it might be like to experience that kind of gut-wrenching pain. {shudder} I hope we never have a close call like that again.
Sheesh, glad Scout is ok! How scary for all of you.

I like that you've kept up the retro style in your abode, Kewpie-o, very cool.
post #509 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
WAHOOO! YAY MICHELLE! :
congratulations!!! what great news- hahah Maximom I was wrong!!
:nana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I'm back at work since yesterday. Still coughing up a lung, but whatever. Romi's not sick anymore, so my antibodies really helped!

Maximom: I don't think I ever replied since MDC went down, but I'm so happy you got your gift!! And I was so worried you wouldn't like the stuff I got you... So I was thrilled to read your post
LOVE the caramels - dh wants the recipe. Hope you're feeling a bit better, glad Romi is well. Oh, and I love how little miss Scarlet sits down to put her slippers on, with a big smile on her face. When it gets a bit warmer, I'll try the new outfit on. So far she is a typical girl, loves clothes!
post #510 of 531
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Gorgeous house! I love it!





Both are so cute - I really like that 2nd one!

Houses are so cheap around here - we would never be able to afford a $200K + house!! We bought our house 2.5 yrs ago for $103K. It's 1800 sq ft and (even though it was built in the 50's) it only had one previous owner. BUT we live in a small farm town that is about a 35 minute drive from all the shopping/restaurants/culture/jobs/etc. in a neighboring college town (Fayetteville, AR...Go Hogs! ) .....so I'm sure that's the difference. Sometimes I think I would LOVE to live in the "city", within walking distance to everything...but even in Fayetteville, I don't think we'd be able to afford it.

This is off the subject, but we had a really scary incident involving Scout choking on something this past weekend, which I wrote about HERE. So. Not. Fun. The whole thing just made me even more thankful for my sweet baby girl (if that was even possible)...and thankful that she is happy and healthy. And it made my heart absolutely ache for the mommas I know here on MDC who have lost little ones. I can't even imagine the horror - but for one brief moment, I think I caught a tiny glimpse of what it might be like to experience that kind of gut-wrenching pain. {shudder} I hope we never have a close call like that again.
Wow how scary! i am so glad she is ok! When Elizabeth was 5 she disappeared for about 15 minutes at a very crowded state park... at a lake... it was the worst 15 minutes of my life...I thought she was gone forever.
HUGS to all the mama's and babies!
post #511 of 531
kewpie-o: so glad Scout is okay, that must have been scary! (I love Sonic Youth too)

krismarie: I know you're probably busy farming, but I miss you

doudat: feel better vibes to you!!!

on houses: there was one we really really wanted when we were house hunting last year. It needed an addition if we ever had another kid but it was in perfect condition with a big yard and garage and skylights. It was tiny, though, at 450 sq ft and only a shower (where now we have only a bath!). We couldn't decide 100% and this house offer came up(free rent for 6 months for fixing it up) so we took it. Fixing up with a baby has proven very challenging. Anyway, my perfect tiny house is now sold and I'm sad...did I mention it was only $28 000???
post #512 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Wow how scary! i am so glad she is ok! When Elizabeth was 5 she disappeared for about 15 minutes at a very crowded state park... at a lake... it was the worst 15 minutes of my life...I thought she was gone forever.
HUGS to all the mama's and babies!
Whoa!!! That would've been absolutely terrifying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
(I love Sonic Youth too)
I used to have the biggest crush on Thurston Moore. He's got gorgeous hair. hee hee
post #513 of 531
I took Micah to an urgent care ped on Monday....

That is the link to the thread I posted...I just don't have the energy to post it twice...
post #514 of 531
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I took Micah to an urgent care ped on Monday....

That is the link to the thread I posted...I just don't have the energy to post it twice...
I just read that and it is total crap!! i can't believe that! poor baby and mama!
just keep nursing, even if he is throwing up keep nursing, i hope you can find a doctor to support you soon!
post #515 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I took Micah to an urgent care ped on Monday....

That is the link to the thread I posted...I just don't have the energy to post it twice...
I read it-how infuriating!! don't listen to a word of it! We just went through a nasty gastro bug, and like micah, arlo didn't have that much extra weight to lose. This is what I did-we gave him gravol. It may not be popular here, but it was either that or go the hospital with severe dehydration. So then he could keep some milk down. We gave him pedialyte, first with a spoon and when he refused to take it I used a syringe. And of course I nursed him constantly. Don't worry about food until he is feeling better. He will let you know. (imho anyway) I was pretty concerned about how much weight Arlo had lost by the end of the 7 days (he also had severe diarrea at every diaper change for days). I don't have any numbers, but I knew he was really losing. Anyway, once it all passed he began eating like I've never seen before! And I have been letting him have anything-even ice cream!! I have to run, but I hope this helps a bit. I guess the main thing is to keep him hydrated any way you can. mama and micah. I hope he feels better soon...

A
post #516 of 531
Has anyone dealt with lead testing? Our ped didn't even mention it, but I realized that I'd wanted to ask about it, so DH called the office later. We were told that it's not necessary unless our house was built after 1978 and our windowsills are dusty.

Of course our windowsills are dusty. I have a 12mo, I don't dust. I realize I should be wetdusting the house (1955 ranch), but I'm not the most tidy minded individual. The windows are up high, but door frames are easily accessible. We've done a kitchen renovation (in October) and we do have some chipping paint. The lowest level of paint (several layers) has tested positive with a hardware store lead kit.

Anyhow, I can take him over to the lab for the blood draw today. I do think this is important. I just know that he'll cry as soon as a stranger *looks* at him. He's in that stage right now.:
post #517 of 531
shydaisi - that is so awful!!! It makes me so mad that pediatricians are so ill-informed about breastfeeding. It's freakin' ridiculous!!!! How on earth can formula be EQUAL to breastmilk???? Has he read the ingredients on a can of formula lately? I know that my boobies ARE NOT squirting out corn syrup solids and soybean oil : {{HUGS}} to you. I hope you end up finding a doctor that doesn't have his head you know where. (I haven't yet ) Lots of healing thoughts to your household!!
post #518 of 531
Wow, Shydaisy! I can't believe that doctor!! How insane. I would've been fuming, but like you, concerned about our baby's health... I sure hope Micah feels better soon. Nurse him as much as he wants and hopefully this'll be all over soon.

Lead testing: Everything I've read states that if the paint isn't chipping, it's fine. Lead paint isn't dangerous unless it becomes volatile (ie sanding an old windowsill) or if it's chipping (ie the kids could eat a chip). And it's houses built before 1970's that pose a danger, not after that are affected. So you're 1955 could definitely have lead paint in your house.
post #519 of 531
doudat, how are you doing?
post #520 of 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
doudat, how are you doing?
I'm "working", can't you tell?
I'm actually doing better, still coughing, but fine. Now Liam dislocated his elbow last night, and since it's one thing after another, I shouldn't be surprised.... He spent 7 hours in the hospital for the 3 seconds it takes to pop the darn thing back in it's socket.

How's Ion?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!!