Originally Posted by 2happymamas
This was the first OPK. If I choose to do the insemination in the morning, do you think I should still do the trigger tonight? Or skip it?
I thought having a medicated cycle was supposed to take all of the timing stress out of the equation.
I totally hear you! My doc did a trigger my last cycle, and I came in the next morning and I'd already Oed! They told me I was supposed to O 36 hours post trigger, so trigger Thursday morning, insem on Friday and Saturday, hopefully Oing Friday night, right between the two insems.
The last time I triggered, I came in the next morning having Oed the night before, so we did just the one insem.
It can still work then - the odds aren't as good as one before and one after O, but the second insem isn't for nothing.
It's so frustrating when the perfect timing doesn't happen. Do you have the option of triggering tonight, insemming Friday and Saturday?
How 'bout going in Friday, see if you've ovulated by U/S, if so, insem then, and if not, see how close you are and then decide whether or not to wait for Saturday?
(Not foolproof - my doc was looking for asymmetry in the follicle, and said I was huge - 22 mm or something, they trigger at 20 mm - but that I would never O because it wasn't asymmetrical, but then I did, twelve or so hours later.)
I'm sorry it's stressful, doing two insems may not be that much more effective (though my doc claimed it was) but it definitely takes some of the stress off.
GOOD LUCK and I hope you hear back from your RE soon!