or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Official Treasure Map --2008
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 20

post #381 of 455
aweynsayl, can you post the link for that?
post #382 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by xochimama View Post
aweynsayl, can you post the link for that?
it's the same site the TM article was on-- you have to have a log in. but here's the site: http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php#copy

post #383 of 455
Thread Starter 

Here's Taurus New Moon

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php#copy

I may give it its own thread.
post #384 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ohhh, go read tracy's taurus new moon article!

(great article tracy! thanks!!!)

Do you have a link?
post #385 of 455
Tracy You asked to see pics of my map and I posted them, but I haven't seen you comment... and, um, I'm sort of wondering wtf is going on with me LOL... And honestly, I was wondering if you could PM me about doing an astrological profile on me and my family to figure out what is going on You can pm me if you are open to doing that Really!! (I'm desperate!!!! LOLOL)
post #386 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Fek & Fuzz,

I am confident this is the year you will make the changes regarding your weight. As hard as it was to give the clothes away, wasnt' there a part of you who felt relief or at least lighter after you gave the clothes away? That lightness is what I believe leads to a lighter body. Like I said I gave away the thin clothes and the diet happened about two months later. Just see if you don't have some magical moments come into your life.. in my case I had a friend who brought up my weight (after I gave away the clothes) and said, "why don't you call our doctor?" We have the same general practitioner, at first I blew it off..but then I had to see him about something else and I remembered her words and I asked him, "Do you have any suggestions for weight loss?" And he told me to call a doctor's office that had a weight management team attached to them. I went to the office and that was when I began. Basically it is like Weight Watchers. Their food, weekly weigh ins. 1 hour lectures. Support. Write down everything that is eaten every day... and slowly. Probably 1 to 2 pounds a week. 9 months later I lost the 47 pounds (that I gained between 2003-2006).
It is has been almost a year and I'm still down 42 of those pounds. I have a lot of skills I learned from them that I put in practice. And now I call in once a week with a check in..again discuss how much I ate and exercised every day.

If you want to start somewhere. Get one of those Calorie counter books and write down what you eat every day. Just for a week. Take a look.

And watch who comes into your world. You may have someone say, "Do you want to be my walking buddy?" or "Hey do you want to join Weight Watchers with me?"

Be prepared --the new body is coming!
Tracy, since you posted this, I have started a blog (along with my friends who started their own blogs) about eating and exercising, I have been getting up earlier and exercising everyday (I am at over 400 minutes so far this month!), I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist, various amounts off other parts of my body and have lost 5 pounds! I know I have been working hard at it, but it feels effortless and good to move and eat what will truly fuel my body in a healthy way.

One of the friends who started her own blog about fitness was the recipient of an entire summer wardrobe of mine from a few sizes back. The clothes were practically new, and I was a little teary getting rid of them, but I just trusted that it needed to be done, and I did it. Then we were both happy!

Just wanted to post a little update on what's been happening with the thing that I didn't put on my map this year.
post #387 of 455
ooh i had one today and i didn't even realize it till it was over.

last minute i ended up putting something in my map about yardsales. i put it w/ my money/abandance/whatever stuff thinking i would make money off my clutter.........but i ended up taking my dd out yardsaling today, something i rarely do b/c when i'm off on a saturday i usually like to sleep in. anyway i think i might make this a regular mother/daughter activity.
post #388 of 455
I feel like a lot of stuff was happening for me at the very beginning, but my attitude has been awful lately and I'm wondering what affect this is having on my TM experience.

My DH (who lost his job in October) was accepted to law school (in state, so we don't have to try to sell our house and move just yet) and found a summer job at a local hardware store to make ends meet this summer (school starts in August). I had some things on my TM about him working hard and feeling professionally fulfilled, well-compensated, etc. But I have been stressing out about him going back to school since it likely means I will have to work full-time next year, which I am feeling reluctant abut (though not sure why)

I have been teaching part-time at two local colleges and learned that one of them (the one I like better) might have a one-year full-time position (salary plus benefits) for me that could lead to a tenure-track position in Fall 09. I had included the college's logo on my TM. The problem is I need to finish my dissertation by then. My committee thinks I'm on track to defend by October, but I have NO motivation to finish and NO time to write (DD, 11 months, still prefers sleeping on one of us).

Basically, my plate feels too full right now - mamahood, teaching part-time, trying to prep for two summer classes, trying to find time to write my dissertation. I'm wondering if I didn't leave enough blank space on my map...it is literally covered corner to corner.

On top of all this, my self-esteem is taking a hit. I'm feeling ugly, frumpy, old, unintelligent, unmotivated, just not enough of a whole lot of things.

On the positive side, I have been having some pretty profound experiences during my yoga practice over the last few weeks, but I've been unable to carry that with me into the rest of my day and the rest of my life.

Am I doing something wrong? This is my first time TMing and I guess I was expecting more dramatic results (and this seemed to be what I was getting at first).
post #389 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Tracy You asked to see pics of my map and I posted them, but I haven't seen you comment... and, um, I'm sort of wondering wtf is going on with me LOL... And honestly, I was wondering if you could PM me about doing an astrological profile on me and my family to figure out what is going on You can pm me if you are open to doing that Really!! (I'm desperate!!!! LOLOL)
Whoops. How did I miss this? Let me go find your post.
post #390 of 455
Thread Starter 
Sisyphus,

Well, now I see I missed a whole page of posts. I think when I put up the Taurus link I just assumed I was at the end of a page that I had already read. I was totally incorrect. Anyway,


Your Treasure Map is very lovely. You have got a lot of beautiful affirmations. I do think there is some transitions in your map. Meaning I think you know on either a conscious level or unconscious level that you are making transitions. It feels like you know you want more of something in your life but you don't have it yet. This is totally fine.

Imagine someone has lived on a desert island for a long time. And for some reason that person found out about Treasure Mapping. (Maybe someone printed it up from MDC and put it in a bottle) Anyway, the person was able to make a map, (perhaps a magazine floated to his island) and he put images of a lot of food and lots of fresh water, and lots of people and lots of affirmations, "I have lots of fresh water to drink."

And now that desert island is hit by a tsunami and our our little person is holding onto a little makeshift raft, bopping in the ocean, riding the waves, tired, wet, hungry, riding the waves for days. Scared, alone. He probably thinks, "Shit! This is exactly opposite of what I wanted, why is this happening to me?" He drifts for days and maybe our person sticks their hand in the water and grabs a fish now and then. and then one morning our person looks out from the raft and sees a feather, or a twig, our person hangs on to the raft because he knows something--where there is driftwood--there is land. And soon off in the horizon he sees something, a mountain. He gets excited and he waits as the waves and current naturally propel him towards the land. And when he gets close enough he hops off his raft and swims to shore. And where does he find himself? He is on a bustling island with thousands of people and abundant food and shelter and real community and they take him in and he now has the life that he wanted back when he made his map on the desert island. It is the life he saw for himself.

Sisyphus, let the wave crash on you. I know it can be scary and you can be unsure but the life you want is worth it. There is an island waiting for you. You just need to hold on to your little raft. I see a lot of things on your map that can give you something to hold on to and certainly your children are number one.

YOu have not done anything wrong with your map.

I might encourage you to put something about relationships. Go ahead and add it.
But in the partnership corner I might put

"All of my relationships are nourishing and supportive."


Oh, and I hope your DS is feeling better. My son had the vomit bug this week. He was about the 7th kid to get it at his grade.
post #391 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Tracy, since you posted this, I have started a blog (along with my friends who started their own blogs) about eating and exercising, I have been getting up earlier and exercising everyday (I am at over 400 minutes so far this month!), I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist, various amounts off other parts of my body and have lost 5 pounds! I know I have been working hard at it, but it feels effortless and good to move and eat what will truly fuel my body in a healthy way.

One of the friends who started her own blog about fitness was the recipient of an entire summer wardrobe of mine from a few sizes back. The clothes were practically new, and I was a little teary getting rid of them, but I just trusted that it needed to be done, and I did it. Then we were both happy!

Just wanted to post a little update on what's been happening with the thing that I didn't put on my map this year.

Fek&Fuz,
I am so thrilled for you! And your friend! Sharing your thin clothes was a beautiful choice on your part and it will bring you more good. I wish I knew why it works but at least for me it did. I'm so excited for you. Question..what was that program you mentioned on your blog about counting calories--is it a website?


I know I have mentioend that once I went into maintencene part of my diet I gained seven pounds, so I too have been working on it. Also, I have had some hormonal issues and I went to a Nutropath and she wants me to eat small snacks all day versus meals, I'm an O negative blood, so rice cakes with almond butter (Little bits) help keep the blood sugar going. Anyway on my map this year I have an affirmation, "I easily maintain my thin, well toned body"... and I'm thinking the nutropath's advice might make this so.

But back to you, I am sooooo excited for you! How many pounds have you lost? And great news on the toning and measurements reductions!
post #392 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
I feel like a lot of stuff was happening for me at the very beginning, but my attitude has been awful lately and I'm wondering what affect this is having on my TM experience.

My DH (who lost his job in October) was accepted to law school (in state, so we don't have to try to sell our house and move just yet) and found a summer job at a local hardware store to make ends meet this summer (school starts in August). I had some things on my TM about him working hard and feeling professionally fulfilled, well-compensated, etc. But I have been stressing out about him going back to school since it likely means I will have to work full-time next year, which I am feeling reluctant abut (though not sure why)

I have been teaching part-time at two local colleges and learned that one of them (the one I like better) might have a one-year full-time position (salary plus benefits) for me that could lead to a tenure-track position in Fall 09. I had included the college's logo on my TM. The problem is I need to finish my dissertation by then. My committee thinks I'm on track to defend by October, but I have NO motivation to finish and NO time to write (DD, 11 months, still prefers sleeping on one of us).

Basically, my plate feels too full right now - mamahood, teaching part-time, trying to prep for two summer classes, trying to find time to write my dissertation. I'm wondering if I didn't leave enough blank space on my map...it is literally covered corner to corner.

On top of all this, my self-esteem is taking a hit. I'm feeling ugly, frumpy, old, unintelligent, unmotivated, just not enough of a whole lot of things.

On the positive side, I have been having some pretty profound experiences during my yoga practice over the last few weeks, but I've been unable to carry that with me into the rest of my day and the rest of my life.

Am I doing something wrong? This is my first time TMing and I guess I was expecting more dramatic results (and this seemed to be what I was getting at first).


It sounds like you have got a lot on your plate and maybe your map. That is fine. But you may need to focus on only a couple things at a time.

Can you work on your dissertation this summer? Do you think you can do it in 3 months? If you started a little bit every day would it be done by the time your husband started school in the fall?
post #393 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Fek&Fuz,
I am so thrilled for you! And your friend! Sharing your thin clothes was a beautiful choice on your part and it will bring you more good. I wish I knew why it works but at least for me it did. I'm so excited for you. Question..what was that program you mentioned on your blog about counting calories--is it a website?


I know I have mentioend that once I went into maintencene part of my diet I gained seven pounds, so I too have been working on it. Also, I have had some hormonal issues and I went to a Nutropath and she wants me to eat small snacks all day versus meals, I'm an O negative blood, so rice cakes with almond butter (Little bits) help keep the blood sugar going. Anyway on my map this year I have an affirmation, "I easily maintain my thin, well toned body"... and I'm thinking the nutropath's advice might make this so.

But back to you, I am sooooo excited for you! How many pounds have you lost? And great news on the toning and measurements reductions!
I use Sparkpeople.com . It's free and really easy to use with tons of motivational things on it.

I've lost 5 pounds so far, about a pound a week. It is still weird to see the scale going down each week, but I also know that I'm having lots of non-scale victories.
post #394 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
You know, Sisyphus, I keep looking at my TM with a bit of disdain these days because I'm so stressed out in general. At the same time, it's more of the same stuff from last year, plus honestly, I sorta asked for it. I'd just like it to be calmer 'round here. I figure I'll get there.

Just because others are having TMs speakin' to 'em right away, doesn't mean all of us will. It all falls into place, I'm sure.

I think the stress we are all feeling is extraordinary. And the daily assault of oil and food costs increasing...up only adds to our stresses-i'm sure. Sigh.

I know I am under a lot of pressure and I think my situation is probably easier than others but I am still stressed. The only thing I can do is take deep breaths and exercise and try to do as much as I can but at the same time give myself big ass breaks. The other day I vegged out on my bed and watched TOP Chef. I felt refreshed afterwards. wierd I know but it works for me.
post #395 of 455
Thanks, Tracy

You described how I am feeling perfectly.. in fact, I told my bff the other day that I felt like I was out in the middle of the ocean, in a storm and got washed overboard... now I'm treading water, wondering when the sharks are going to come (oh and btw, I LOATHE swimming LOL) and trying to figure out which way to swim towards land, afraid to just start swimming because I'm afraid I'll be swimming further away.... so I tread and hope.

Your words helped me to feel like there is hope out there. Thank you for that I just have to ride the waves and let the good stuff come.
post #396 of 455
How about THAT for a treasure map success...

When I was making my TM, I was happily employed 1.5 hrs (60 miles) away from my house. I had no intention of switching jobs. I loved my co-workers and my responsibilities. A week after TM was finished, I suddenly decided that "enough is enough", and "am I insane to be paying these gas prices???".

I asked for recommendations. Two weeks later I sent out packets with my resume to 5 different places. Last week I had a fabulous interview. Today I have a new job with higher pay only 20 minutes away from my house.
post #397 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
How about THAT for a treasure map success...

When I was making my TM, I was happily employed 1.5 hrs (60 miles) away from my house. I had no intention of switching jobs. I loved my co-workers and my responsibilities. A week after TM was finished, I suddenly decided that "enough is enough", and "am I insane to be paying these gas prices???".

I asked for recommendations. Two weeks later I sent out packets with my resume to 5 different places. Last week I had a fabulous interview. Today I have a new job with higher pay only 20 minutes away from my house.
Excellent!
post #398 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Today I have a new job with higher pay only 20 minutes away from my house.
post #399 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
How about THAT for a treasure map success...

When I was making my TM, I was happily employed 1.5 hrs (60 miles) away from my house. I had no intention of switching jobs. I loved my co-workers and my responsibilities. A week after TM was finished, I suddenly decided that "enough is enough", and "am I insane to be paying these gas prices???".

I asked for recommendations. Two weeks later I sent out packets with my resume to 5 different places. Last week I had a fabulous interview. Today I have a new job with higher pay only 20 minutes away from my house.
That's FANTASTIC!!!!
post #400 of 455
The one area of my TM that has had a lot of action is my health. It's amazing, because I had the word "vibrant" in bright orange and that's exactly how I feel! I didn't specifically address weight loss on my TM but I did put several affirmations about loving my healthy body and feeling alive and amazed and beautiful in my body and just the other day I weighed myself and I've lost 16 pounds! I'm down below my pre-pregnancy weight from DD, and I think DS3 as well. I am thinner and healthier than I have been in 3 years, I'm not anemic anymore and I feel alive and wonderful. The other areas that fell in with that was being a patient and happy mom and because I got my anemia under control I actually HAVE that energy I need to be present with my children and play with them and be patient and pleasant.

Also, I put a picture of the yoga pose warrior on my TM, not because I wanted to start doing yoga but because it looked so strong and healthy, and what do you know? I started doing yoga.

I'll have to post pics of my new look. I feel so amazing!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Official Treasure Map --2008