or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Traveling to Africa
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Traveling to Africa

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 
Hi, everyone...

I have decided not to vaccinate my DD2 (DD1 is almost fully vaccinated) and I am about 95% comfortable with my decision. The only fear that I have is of traveling outside of the country. My husband and I would love to travel to Tanzania (Africa) in the near future to do some mission work, but I am afraid that DD2 won't be safe. I know that I can have her titers checked, but what if she hasn't built up any immunities? Also, I know that if you travel outside of the country (especially to places like Africa), then you are required to get a few vaccines...what should I do about this? Can I refuse these since they are the laws of another country? Or is it a good idea? Looking forward to seeing what your thoughts are on this...
post #2 of 2
The issue is visas, really. If you want to go from Tanzania to Zambia, for example, you have to have a yellowfever vaccination certificate. You don't need any vaxes to enter Tanzania, so as long as you didn't intend to travel I don't think that would be a problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Traveling to Africa