or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Wanting but Waiting tribe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wanting but Waiting tribe - Page 10

post #181 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I dont think thats what she was saying. ... I dont think she will have a 'difficult' child...but its more along the lines of saying ...everyone in my family is blonde and everyone in my DHs family is blonde so chances are, every child we have will be blonde...the freak occurance of a red head might be possible, but I wont expect it.
I felt the need to reply to this because everyone in both our sides of the family are 'highly sensitive'...this makes us mellow most of the time...I know I wont get a highly sprited child (which for me would be hard being HS myself) - this isnt because my DS is mellow...I know this because of just how things work. Both DH and I were born tongue tied...so was my son...I know my next child will be as well because of this...its all just sort of along those lines if anything I am saying is making sense! lol....
I think thats what she was trying to say?
yeah that. not to say that it can't happen (i mean i could have a kid with 3 arms and 1 leg!). plus learning about your baby starts from the womb. being thrown into the "mom" position for ANY person is hard especially when you don't have your own insticts that were kick started. i think the reality of the show is more like "could a teen ADOPT a baby and survive" not actually have one.
post #182 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
this is my list, and surprisingly DP has only laughed out loud at a couple of them:

Girls:

Carys, Maeve, Maya, Everleigh, Aeryn aka Erin, Tegan or Teagan, Hayden, Maisie, Zoe, Morrigan, Avalon

Middle Names:

Seren, Soleil, Nova, Sora or Zora, Sol, Anaya, Áine (aahn-yeh) aka Anya, Aurora, Sonnet, Reverie, Akasha, Calypso, Grace

Boys:

Keiran, Braeden, Collin, Rhys or Reece, Tristan, Keegan, Lachlan, Finley, Teiran, Lucca

Middle Names:

Arthur (family name), Xavier, Christopher or Kristopher (family name), Rhain, Zion

Well I obviously love Everleigh as that my dd's name and if we ever have another dd she will be Delaney Olivia Claire or Carys Isla Faith so I obviously love Carys too.
post #183 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontessoriMaven View Post
I belong here.

We are waiting to TTC #1 in Spring 09. I've got the baby bug bad but my husband is firm on the timeline.

I'm new, could someone give me the lowdown on the abbreviations...
check out this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaidenevieemmy View Post
Well I obviously love Everleigh as that my dd's name and if we ever have another dd she will be Delaney Olivia Claire or Carys Isla Faith so I obviously love Carys too.
yay for gaelic and celtic names. my favourite!
post #184 of 520
well one of my friends has FINALLY decided that they are going for #3 as well. they've been on the fence for quite some time but their last baby is only 13ish months so they are ahead of me! lol. she thinks they are going to start trying in august...so still ahead of me...i am jealous! only 4+ months to go...only 4 months....!
post #185 of 520
Thread Starter 
Ive got my chart up in my sig now...I think lol


yep! hehe - just checked
post #186 of 520
well, we aren't really waiting anymore...! but we aren't actively TTC either. but we stopped using barrier methods...dp is still *ahem* pulling out but that's pretty much how ds1 came to us. so yeah...i posted a while back that i was waiting until feb. (my 30th birthday) to TTC, but now it looks like it's up to the luck of the draw. if we manage to not get pregnant by then, i will be actively TTC then.
post #187 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellymama View Post
, but now it looks like it's up to the luck of the draw.
no pun intended, right?


How fun!
post #188 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmommy View Post
no pun intended, right?
:
post #189 of 520
i almost bought the cutest baby outfit today...i'm seriously in trouble.
post #190 of 520
I'm wanting but waiting till DS turns 3-5 years old. He'll turn 1 on July 2nd so have a ways to go yet.
post #191 of 520
I am O-ing, and having a seriously hard time not wanting to TTC! I REALLY have to wait until Aug though..!!! (for school)
post #192 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmommy View Post
no pun intended, right?


How fun!
bwahahahaa!
post #193 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I am O-ing, and having a seriously hard time not wanting to TTC! I REALLY have to wait until Aug though..!!! (for school)
august is so close! that's exciting.
post #194 of 520
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I am O-ing, and having a seriously hard time not wanting to TTC! I REALLY have to wait until Aug though..!!! (for school)

Im ovulating as well - so I know the feeling!...It looks like our cycles are similar (in that they are nearly as long with us ovulating nearly around the same time...give or take a few days!...my cycles are a few days longer with me ovulating a few days longer!)...And we are TTC in August as well!!!... Perhaps we can both get lucky together! hehe... Technically ill be starting to TTC very end of July as I ovulate (according to my chart, and it hasnt been wrong yet!) - 2-5th of August! ... So not long! hehe
post #195 of 520
Goodluck to the ovulators!!

I'm sorry if I offended with my comment earlier, I just thought it might be a little naive to think that you know how your baby will turn out. Theres always a mysterious redhead!! I have one in my family! He is fiery red and high needs nothing like his parents (or grandparents!). Just saying.......

Oh, this TTC thing is tearing me up. I want to just throw caution to the wind in August. I think its a sign because when I check my cycle page (which projects my future ovulation dates) I ovulate twice in August, on the 3rd (which is DH's birthday!) and like the 29! And August will most likely bring me my May babe. I really think that maybe I can convince hubby to try this August and if it doesn't happen then its our answer that we will try next August.
post #196 of 520
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Goodluck to the ovulators!!

I'm sorry if I offended with my comment earlier, I just thought it might be a little naive to think that you know how your baby will turn out. Theres always a mysterious redhead!! I have one in my family! He is fiery red and high needs nothing like his parents (or grandparents!). Just saying.......

Oh, this TTC thing is tearing me up. I want to just throw caution to the wind in August. I think its a sign because when I check my cycle page (which projects my future ovulation dates) I ovulate twice in August, on the 3rd (which is DH's birthday!) and like the 29! And August will most likely bring me my May babe. I really think that maybe I can convince hubby to try this August and if it doesn't happen then its our answer that we will try next August.

...im trying for a May baby too!...Actually, im shooting for a Taurus. If I fall pregnant first time around (fingers crossed lol - DS was concieved in one night )...Then the baby will be Due right at the end of April - Taurus is 20th April - 20th May.

...maybe you will be joining us! hehe
post #197 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley
...im trying for a May baby too!...Actually, im shooting for a Taurus. If I fall pregnant first time around (fingers crossed lol - DS was concieved in one night )...Then the baby will be Due right at the end of April - Taurus is 20th April - 20th May.
I had a May baby with dd. DH is a Taurus, I am a Gemini. The whole preg. we went back and forth over what sign she'd be born in. She ended up showing up on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini on a full moon. She didn't want to pick sides. And, her name (Luna) was already picked out when she was born on that full moon!

As for TTC, were planning on Jan 09. That should give us a Sept. babe. I want to be preg. in summer so I can show off my mamabelly. And dd will be 4, so that makes me feel good about it.

That gives us 6 months. Thats six long months for me to obsess and do even more reading of pregnancy/birth books than I have already in the last 3 years...
post #198 of 520
I thought I'd join you guys for a bit.

About me - DH and I were going to start TTC in May. He mentioned it to his family they got into a big fight and he got cold feet. After much discussion and reassurance we finally decided on July. I stepped on a knife last week and needed a tetnus shot. Due to that we have put it off until august (I'm not comfortable TTC 2 weeks after a vaccination.)

Lizzy Q and Ann of Loxley I see we will be TTC together. I should O around the 7-9 of August.
post #199 of 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
Im ovulating as well - so I know the feeling!...It looks like our cycles are similar (in that they are nearly as long with us ovulating nearly around the same time...give or take a few days!...my cycles are a few days longer with me ovulating a few days longer!)...And we are TTC in August as well!!!... Perhaps we can both get lucky together! hehe... Technically ill be starting to TTC very end of July as I ovulate (according to my chart, and it hasnt been wrong yet!) - 2-5th of August! ... So not long! hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post
I thought I'd join you guys for a bit.

About me - DH and I were going to start TTC in May. He mentioned it to his family they got into a big fight and he got cold feet. After much discussion and reassurance we finally decided on July. I stepped on a knife last week and needed a tetnus shot. Due to that we have put it off until august (I'm not comfortable TTC 2 weeks after a vaccination.)

Lizzy Q and Ann of Loxley I see we will be TTC together. I should O around the 7-9 of August.

Yay!!!

Unless I have a really long cycle in July (35+ days) I won't O in Aug until the end of the month.. but it is totally possible that I might near the beginning!
post #200 of 520
I am here too.

I will be TTC in August and if that doesn't happen then it will be a couple of months after that. I should go and get a themometer for temping....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Wanting but Waiting tribe