or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › ~*~*~* Nov 2006 Mamas - WELCOME to MAY - 1 1/2 years old!!! *~*~*~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~*~*~* Nov 2006 Mamas - WELCOME to MAY - 1 1/2 years old!!! *~*~*~ - Page 5

post #81 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
Congratulations, senior members!! Any tips for those of us lagging pitifully behind?
um, talk more?
post #82 of 367
LOL! See in real life, I get told I talk a little bit too much. I wonder why I censor myself online - it is supposed to be the opposite!

Hey, how bruised up are all your little ones? DD is such a climber that her shinds are a MESS!

Anyone try arnica on their little ones? Is it safe for children? I have some but haven't used it yet.

Have a great night!
post #83 of 367
Asheby has bruises all over his knees and shins, and occasionally his head. From hitting it on the dining room table.
post #84 of 367
I've used arnica on DD. It's a-okay for kids from what I've read. It worked great!!
post #85 of 367
Thread Starter 
Arnica is amazing and we've used it on DD. Orally and in a cream form.
post #86 of 367
We use Arnica all the time with Magnus, especially bumps on the head. We has a particularly bad night tonight he threw a 20 minutes fit trying to climb up on a book shelf that's near a huge set of windows. I kept taking him down he kept going back and trying to climb up. I totally was losing it and he was hysterical I finally decided to take him to the bath and that changed the tide till he started dumping water all over the floor: He's finally asleep I'm glad this day is over.
post #87 of 367
no bruises yet, but a scraped up knee for sure
post #88 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
Hey, how bruised up are all your little ones? DD is such a climber that her shinds are a MESS!

Anyone try arnica on their little ones? Is it safe for children? I have some but haven't used it yet.
We have a bruiser too and arnica has worked great.

MPSsweetie - it's a fight to get DD to come inside too. Although it causes a stir, I'm glad that she is an 'outside kid' KWIM? I'd cry if I had a child who wanted to be inside all the time.

We are weaned It has been hard on us all but DD's handling better than expected. The days were easy, the nights were something else. I was convinced that co-sleeping and weaning couldn't happen but it has so I am thankful. I am happy knowing that we lasted 18 months, although I feel a tinge of sadness about the issue but then I remind myself why I wanted to wean in the first place. DD has since developed a great affinity to a blanket (binkit as she calls it) and we've settled into a nice night-time routine with yogurt, ice water (won't drink water w/out ice) and reading stories in bed.

Do we have any fellow runners in the group? DD seems to think it's a game to starting running towards the road and I have to run after her. Usually, we've found that by not acknowledging her less-than-desirable behaviors will usually quell them. BUT - I can't not run after her since I don't want her to go in the road. How should I be handling this? I want her to realize that running in or near the road is unacceptable. Most of the time we are in the backyard, which is fenced, but we do spend a bit of time in the front yard. Fortunately, we live on a cul-de-sac with one other house and zero traffic but she needs to know that no road is safe.
post #89 of 367
I think we just need to post more. :-)
post #90 of 367
UGH I have a runner too. I live in the country so it's not a big deal too much but parking lots, etc. are a problem when I'm in town.
post #91 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
Congratulations, senior members!! Any tips for those of us lagging pitifully behind?
Post everywhere and about everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
LOL! See in real life, I get told I talk a little bit too much. I wonder why I censor myself online - it is supposed to be the opposite!

Hey, how bruised up are all your little ones? DD is such a climber that her shinds are a MESS!

Anyone try arnica on their little ones? Is it safe for children? I have some but haven't used it yet.

Have a great night!
Atticus is always bruised. I have used Arnica and really liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCommando View Post
We have a bruiser too and arnica has worked great.

MPSsweetie - it's a fight to get DD to come inside too. Although it causes a stir, I'm glad that she is an 'outside kid' KWIM? I'd cry if I had a child who wanted to be inside all the time.

We are weaned It has been hard on us all but DD's handling better than expected. The days were easy, the nights were something else. I was convinced that co-sleeping and weaning couldn't happen but it has so I am thankful. I am happy knowing that we lasted 18 months, although I feel a tinge of sadness about the issue but then I remind myself why I wanted to wean in the first place. DD has since developed a great affinity to a blanket (binkit as she calls it) and we've settled into a nice night-time routine with yogurt, ice water (won't drink water w/out ice) and reading stories in bed.

Do we have any fellow runners in the group? DD seems to think it's a game to starting running towards the road and I have to run after her. Usually, we've found that by not acknowledging her less-than-desirable behaviors will usually quell them. BUT - I can't not run after her since I don't want her to go in the road. How should I be handling this? I want her to realize that running in or near the road is unacceptable. Most of the time we are in the backyard, which is fenced, but we do spend a bit of time in the front yard. Fortunately, we live on a cul-de-sac with one other house and zero traffic but she needs to know that no road is safe.
Hugs about the weaning. Congrats for making it 18 mos. Umm, yes, Atticus runs non-stop. I really just run after him. Of course it makes him want to run more, but I just can't risk it, kwim?
post #92 of 367
Fiona is a runner too, and it terrifies me how fast she is. In fact, it is part of my consideration about leaving her with people.

For example, some of my older relatives want to watch her, but they live near a lake. DD is way too fast for them to catch her if she went running for it. I know it seems a little overcautious, but....
post #93 of 367
That's def not overcautious. Water is so scary. Especially if older, slower people are in charge. No offense...But no one knows how to keep up w/ your DD like you do, kwim?
post #94 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Hugs about the weaning. Congrats for making it 18 mos.


thank you

Quote:
Umm, yes, Atticus runs non-stop. I really just run after him. Of course it makes him want to run more, but I just can't risk it, kwim?
Yeah, and if you don't run after them and they still end up in the road, what do you do? It seems like bad news either way. I just don't know how to handle it.

It hasn't happened yet but I worry about her running on the property next to us where there is an irrigation canal. this worries me more than the road since the water moves very fast and DD is obsessed with water of any kind. It's a good thing DP built a fence last summer but we can't spend all of our time in the backward.

let the gray hairs commence
post #95 of 367
katie - I just noticed upir sig and wanted to say wow and congrats! 40+ lbs is awesome!

Ita about the water, that's just sensible not overbearing. Homer won't stay with anyone else at the moment besdes me, dh, or dd/ds(she's 12 he's 16).

I'm glad Homer is not a runner so far because I wouldn't be able to catch him with this stupid lung disease. His older brother was at this age (my 4yo) but I wasn't so sick then and could keep up.

Midnightcommando I know what you mean about .

Homer almost fell off the slide today, gave me a heart attack. Thankfully his brother held him until I got there. So yea on the bruising, he's a daredevil all right.
post #96 of 367
Thanks. Now I just need to get pg to get nice and big again.

The almost falling off the slide would freak me out. I can just imagine my heart stopping.
post #97 of 367
superstella - not being nosy but have you started chemo? My dad needs to start in a few weeks and they're using doxetacel (?sp) and a new one that starts with an "a" I can't remember the name.
post #98 of 367
Yes I've started. I'm on azithioprine, might that be what your dad will be starting on? Not sure how new it is. to you and your dad for having to go through it. My side effects are not so bad just yet (nausea mostly) but I understand that they are cumulative and likely to be worse the longer I take the drugs. I hope the rest of the side effects leave me alone! Hope it helps your dad and that his side effects are mild too.
post #99 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
Yes I've started. I'm on azithioprine, might that be what your dad will be starting on? Not sure how new it is. to you and your dad for having to go through it. My side effects are not so bad just yet (nausea mostly) but I understand that they are cumulative and likely to be worse the longer I take the drugs. I hope the rest of the side effects leave me alone! Hope it helps your dad and that his side effects are mild too.
that doesn't sound familiar. it does something targeting the blood flow to tumors. it's not listed for prostate cancer but he taking it as part of a trial (good thing since it costs ~90K/year for it)

I have to ask - what does your siggy mean? I've been trying to figure it out for months : Is it hot dogs?
post #100 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
Yes I've started. I'm on azithioprine, might that be what your dad will be starting on? Not sure how new it is. to you and your dad for having to go through it. My side effects are not so bad just yet (nausea mostly) but I understand that they are cumulative and likely to be worse the longer I take the drugs. I hope the rest of the side effects leave me alone! Hope it helps your dad and that his side effects are mild too.
I'm definitely sending happy thoughts your way, and to your dad's way, too, MidnightCommando.
superstella, please keep us updated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › ~*~*~* Nov 2006 Mamas - WELCOME to MAY - 1 1/2 years old!!! *~*~*~