or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › JUNE 2008 IVF Cyclers!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JUNE 2008 IVF Cyclers!!!!! - Page 3

post #41 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Just got off the nurse and trying to figure out my schedule...does this sound right? I started bcp's on 5/20 and have to be on them for 2 weeks. My teach is 6/3 (2 weeks). After that they order the rest of the meds. So, I could start lupon on 6/5. 2 weeks of lupon leads to 6/19. Start stimming on 6/21 which would lead to an early July retrieval. Does that sound right? This is just so complicated that my head is swimming.

If that's right, it looks like I'll be a few weeks behind a lot of you and as such will be able to learn plenty from you.

I also find that I am just now starting to get nerve attacks. Does anyone else wonder if this is really the way to go? Maybe I'm just getting cold feet since it seems so involved and so much is at stake.
Imho early July would be the latest for your er. The most my re like patients to do stims is 10-11 days. I am not familiar with lupon but it sounds like your re is recomending 2 weeks. A lot of this is just depends on how you respond to the meds.

I have thought many times if ivf is the way to go. It is a beast. Most people irl do not understand infertility let alone ivf. But I keep my mind on the treasured baby I am praying for. So do I get cold feet - sure. I wonder why, why, why, why. I question everyday why good people who want to get pregnant have to go thru this. But you really have to keep your mind in a positive place. Keep a visual of yourself as healthy and calm. Many ivfers try meditation and journaling to keep at peace. I also like to garden and sew. It keeps my mind off of all of those ivf things. Sharing here is wonderful because there are so many wonderful and knowledgable folks here.

Be good to yourself!
post #42 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
Hurray, your embies are growing and multiplying. Sounds like you responded perfectly to your stims.

How exciting to have the et tomorrow. What is your plan as far as bed rest goes? Does your re recomend it?
My RE recommends 3 days of bed rest (or being a couch potato as he says) including the day of the ET. I am adding two additional days for good measure.
post #43 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Just got off the nurse and trying to figure out my schedule...does this sound right? I started bcp's on 5/20 and have to be on them for 2 weeks. My teach is 6/3 (2 weeks). After that they order the rest of the meds. So, I could start lupon on 6/5. 2 weeks of lupon leads to 6/19. Start stimming on 6/21 which would lead to an early July retrieval. Does that sound right? This is just so complicated that my head is swimming.

If that's right, it looks like I'll be a few weeks behind a lot of you and as such will be able to learn plenty from you.

I also find that I am just now starting to get nerve attacks. Does anyone else wonder if this is really the way to go? Maybe I'm just getting cold feet since it seems so involved and so much is at stake.
I did ivf in sept/oct of last year and this sounds alot like the cycle they had me on. Best of luck to all of you on this cycle! It's tough emotionally, and sometimes you wonder if you're really doing the right thing. I know i did. But let me tell you, once you get that you know that it was all worth it! : for all of you!
post #44 of 279
I was wondering about bed rest as well - ccrm recommends bed rest for 48 hours post ET. This morning I ran across some research that has me feeling a little less uptight about bed rest (not that I'm going to go out and run a marathon or anything ) :

http://www.fertilityneighborhood.com...hive_1109.aspx
post #45 of 279
Thread Starter 
Julia's Mom--what about IVF are you questioning? Is it a fear of pain/discomfort? Fear of failure? Or are you trying to rationalize the morality of it all? Identifying the exact source of your fear will go along way toward helping you relax! (Unless of course you realize that IVF just doesn't mesh with your moral code and then it would be best to seek out other options.....as this is a decison you will have to live with for the rest of your life.)

~jo
post #46 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
I also find that I am just now starting to get nerve attacks. Does anyone else wonder if this is really the way to go? Maybe I'm just getting cold feet since it seems so involved and so much is at stake.
Oh lordy, I had TOTALLY PANIC ATTACKS while trying to figure all this out. For me I was afraid of it NOT working then that phase of...WHAT NEXT?? Just try to relax, I talked to DH about it alot and it wasnt until I heard him say, I'm OK with gambling all that money on A CHANCE, that I began to relax about it. GOOD LUCK!!!
post #47 of 279
Well the ET went well this morning. The transfered 2 embryos The RE said that one looked good and the other really good. He also said that my chances are really good. I think that the worst part was laying on the bed for ten minutes while feeling like my bladder was going to explode.
post #48 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
Well the ET went well this morning. The transfered 2 embryos The RE said that one looked good and the other really good. He also said that my chances are really good. I think that the worst part was laying on the bed for ten minutes while feeling like my bladder was going to explode.
: to you!!

"really good" is awesome!
post #49 of 279

taking my own advice

Okay, I've done IVF, but it was a while ago and I didn't have a toddler to run after. You all are in the middle of it. I expect AF around June 11, I will do BCP for 3 weeks, then start stimming. So during July I will be all whacked out on hormones and bloated up, if I respond the same as last time. I have booked 2 weeks off work and had planned to take a 3 week intense university course during that time. Because it will be easier than working would have been and I can't just do nothing, right? Now I am thinking that if one of you said that, I would say - DON'T! I should probably just take the time off work and watch movies, right? I can afford it, my job is flexible, why would I add stress when I don't have to? Opinions?

And good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #50 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
I should probably just take the time off work and watch movies, right? I can afford it, my job is flexible, why would I add stress when I don't have to? Opinions?
Is it a course you're interested in? I think I might want the distraction, but I haven't walked this path before so what do I know
post #51 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Is it a course you're interested in? I think I might want the distraction, but I haven't walked this path before so what do I know
That was kind of my original theory. I am very interested in the course, but it will count towards my degree, so I have to worry about my grade and there might be tons of assignments to get done in a short time. Maybe I should focus on getting photos into albums or something else?
post #52 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
That was kind of my original theory. I am very interested in the course, but it will count towards my degree, so I have to worry about my grade and there might be tons of assignments to get done in a short time. Maybe I should focus on getting photos into albums or something else?
Hmmm, yeah, I can see not wanting to have the stress of making the grade. Photos into albums sounds like a good distraction. I highly recommend knitting as well It's been my drug of choice along this journey
post #53 of 279
Hello

We just found out that my tubes are blocked after 3 failed IUIs... and we will be going on to IVF in the next few months.

Cost is our first concern... I was wondering, is it only the first cycle, where they retreive eegs that costs so much and if you have embryos left over from that you can try transfer cycles next and its not so expensive ? Thats what I'm hoping...

Timing is also an issue... Hopefully it will be august because I will be off work and I think that that could help some... especially since my work requires lots of travel and my september calendar is almost full already starting sept 15th... My clinic is closed the first three weeks in july... so that would give me almost a two months gap... Can a cycle be done in that time ? I think they will still be closed in july when i hit CD 1... but only for a few days... could they give me everything I need to start and I could start on my own until they open or do you have to go see them at the begining ?

And emotions and a third issue.... I'm finding it hard to process the dx... Everyone tells me not to worry , that there is a solution... emotionally its just not that simple...

Thanks for listening.

Coco
post #54 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Because it will be easier than working would have been and I can't just do nothing, right? Now I am thinking that if one of you said that, I would say - DON'T! I should probably just take the time off work and watch movies, right? I can afford it, my job is flexible, why would I add stress when I don't have to? Opinions?

And good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I vote for not taking the class. Although it may seem easier than work I am thinking there will be still a significant amount of stress. Deadlines, trying to read while chasing a toddler, all the while taking meds and being on the emotional roller-coaster. If you have to take a break from your photos and don't get back to them for a few days so be it, there will not be that stress that you are a few more days closer to a deadline and still a mountain of work to do. Just my opinion. Throughout my IVF process you have told me to be kind to myself, it has helped me. I think you should take your own advice.
post #55 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Cost is our first concern... I was wondering, is it only the first cycle, where they retreive eegs that costs so much and if you have embryos left over from that you can try transfer cycles next and its not so expensive ? Thats what I'm hoping...

Timing is also an issue... Hopefully it will be august because I will be off work and I think that that could help some... especially since my work requires lots of travel and my september calendar is almost full already starting sept 15th... My clinic is closed the first three weeks in july... so that would give me almost a two months gap... Can a cycle be done in that time ? I think they will still be closed in july when i hit CD 1... but only for a few days... could they give me everything I need to start and I could start on my own until they open or do you have to go see them at the begining ?

And emotions and a third issue.... I'm finding it hard to process the dx... Everyone tells me not to worry , that there is a solution... emotionally its just not that simple...

Thanks for listening.

Coco
I am not sure if I can answer your questions but I will try.
I know at least at my RE's if they do another cycle with frozen embryos, the cycle is significantly cheaper, almost half the price.

As far as timing. Each clinic follows a different protocal. my clinic gave me a printout of the possible timeframe I would be following.

I think that it is easy for people to say not to worry when it is not them. After a year of at home ICI and 2 failed IUI, I was told that my next option was IVF. There is that feeling that your body is betraying you, and all of those questions as to why pregnancy comes so easy for others and not you. I never thought that I would take the IVF route, but here I am.
post #56 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Hello

We just found out that my tubes are blocked after 3 failed IUIs... and we will be going on to IVF in the next few months.

Cost is our first concern... I was wondering, is it only the first cycle, where they retreive eegs that costs so much and if you have embryos left over from that you can try transfer cycles next and its not so expensive ? Thats what I'm hoping...

Timing is also an issue... Hopefully it will be august because I will be off work and I think that that could help some... especially since my work requires lots of travel and my september calendar is almost full already starting sept 15th... My clinic is closed the first three weeks in july... so that would give me almost a two months gap... Can a cycle be done in that time ? I think they will still be closed in july when i hit CD 1... but only for a few days... could they give me everything I need to start and I could start on my own until they open or do you have to go see them at the begining ?

And emotions and a third issue.... I'm finding it hard to process the dx... Everyone tells me not to worry , that there is a solution... emotionally its just not that simple...

Thanks for listening.

Coco
Coco, you might get more responses (more people seeing it) to this if you post it as a separate thread on the infertility section.

Yes, doing a FET (frozen embryo transfer) is less expensive than the first time - no anesthesia for egg retrieval, no surgery for the egg retrieval, much fewer medications, etc.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this, nobody ever expects to be in this place.
post #57 of 279
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Okay, I've done IVF, but it was a while ago and I didn't have a toddler to run after. You all are in the middle of it. I expect AF around June 11, I will do BCP for 3 weeks, then start stimming. So during July I will be all whacked out on hormones and bloated up, if I respond the same as last time. I have booked 2 weeks off work and had planned to take a 3 week intense university course during that time. Because it will be easier than working would have been and I can't just do nothing, right? Now I am thinking that if one of you said that, I would say - DON'T! I should probably just take the time off work and watch movies, right? I can afford it, my job is flexible, why would I add stress when I don't have to? Opinions?

And good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally had to laugh (at myself) when I read your post! Yes, I am taking time off from work....no nursing shift from the week before retrieval until at least 2 weeks after transfer.....I will have some childbirth ed classes to teach, but that's easy. While I'm relaxing with my feet up, I will be studying to take my IBCLC exam to become a certified lactation consultant....so that is a bit of pressure, AND it's not much of a distraction as it is all about babies! But being the type of person I am, I wanted to be able to accomplish something while I'm on vacation.....lol

Oh...and we are moving into a new home 10-14 days before ER, but I think that will be helpful, and not stressful, as I won't be surrounded by all this clutter anymore!
post #58 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
I vote for not taking the class. Although it may seem easier than work I am thinking there will be still a significant amount of stress. Deadlines, trying to read while chasing a toddler, all the while taking meds and being on the emotional roller-coaster. If you have to take a break from your photos and don't get back to them for a few days so be it, there will not be that stress that you are a few more days closer to a deadline and still a mountain of work to do. Just my opinion. Throughout my IVF process you have told me to be kind to myself, it has helped me. I think you should take your own advice.
Thank you, you're right. I was being, shall we say.... unrealistic.

Hope you are feeling as good as possible, fingers still crossed for you.
post #59 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
That was kind of my original theory. I am very interested in the course, but it will count towards my degree, so I have to worry about my grade and there might be tons of assignments to get done in a short time. Maybe I should focus on getting photos into albums or something else?
Just living vicariously...

Don't do it. I've just come off not one but two cycles where I figured I had manageable stress. One over Christmas with the in-laws, and one "squeezed in" (what the hell was I thinking??) before work got too stressful. You know the results *sigh*

If there's a next one, I'm taking an LOA and doing nothing but taking DD to daycare and puttering around the house. Maybe do some tidying and organizing. I know some women get pregnant during wars etc, but let's face it - we're not "some women" are we.

If you can put off the course work do. That's my advice. Wish I'd taken it myself. Who knows whether it would have made a difference, but I regret chancing it.

Good luck to you (and everyone...)
post #60 of 279
Well, AF FINALLY showed up today - let the games begin!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › JUNE 2008 IVF Cyclers!!!!!