or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › 42+ week moms....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

42+ week moms....

post #1 of 126
Thread Starter 
Come on in and remind me that you exist

Looking for those who have gone past 42 weeks.

Waiting it out here.

sigh.

-Angela
post #2 of 126
42wks 5days - beautiful UC.



Thinking of you.
post #3 of 126
Thread Starter 
ah... thank you. So since you were UCing- no extra testing and such? The questions from everyone are getting on my last nerve...

kick charts show baby is alive and well and squirmy....

sigh.

-Angela
post #4 of 126
Midwife estimated baby #2 at 43.5 weeks (41.5 gestational age on my paperwork)...hang in there.
post #5 of 126
I had my dd1 at 42 weeks 5 day as well... and that was dated using conception (so pretty accurate). I know it's tough mama... Even if you trust and know it's the right thing to do, doesn't make the work of waiting any less exhausting and frustrating. I wish you well.
post #6 of 126
I was a 44 weeker. And I'm here, and pretty much normal. Mah birfday's June 13 so, pretty close to what you've got going on. Not that I'm wishing for you to last that long. :
post #7 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette View Post
I was a 44 weeker. And I'm here, and pretty much normal.
post #8 of 126
42 weeks 5 days here. Tell everyone you promise to contact them when baby's here. Then change your voicemail to reflect this, and screen calls/don't answer the door. Then take yourself on fun daytrips (which also will keep you walking a lot) Treat yourself to a movie and dinner, all the things you won't get to do for a while after baby's here
post #9 of 126
I had my first at 43 weeks; I caved into the pressure and went in for an induction. Stupidstupidstupidstupid. NEVER again. He was 7.5 pounds and perfectly fine. But the induction and hospital staff's treatment of me was horrid.

My mom had me and my brother at 45 and 44 weeks respectively. My nanna had all her babies between 42 and 46 weeks. I should have known better. I did know better, I just couldn't fight everyone.

Stay strong and tuned into your body and, if you're so inclined, disappear. No one can bug you if they can't find you.
post #10 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
I had my dd1 at 42 weeks 5 day as well... and that was dated using conception (so pretty accurate). I know it's tough mama... Even if you trust and know it's the right thing to do, doesn't make the work of waiting any less exhausting and frustrating. I wish you well.
Thank you People were slightly annoying up to 42 weeks, but when I passed that, it's gotten a LOT worse...

And my dad is scheduled to go out of town... sigh.

Today would be a good day. 42 weeks 5 days

-Angela
post #11 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBeth0000 View Post
42 weeks 5 days here. Tell everyone you promise to contact them when baby's here. Then change your voicemail to reflect this, and screen calls/don't answer the door. Then take yourself on fun daytrips (which also will keep you walking a lot) Treat yourself to a movie and dinner, all the things you won't get to do for a while after baby's here
Thanks. Been largely doing this... sigh.

-Angela
post #12 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qalliope View Post
I had my first at 43 weeks; I caved into the pressure and went in for an induction. Stupidstupidstupidstupid. NEVER again. He was 7.5 pounds and perfectly fine. But the induction and hospital staff's treatment of me was horrid.

My mom had me and my brother at 45 and 44 weeks respectively. My nanna had all her babies between 42 and 46 weeks. I should have known better. I did know better, I just couldn't fight everyone.

Stay strong and tuned into your body and, if you're so inclined, disappear. No one can bug you if they can't find you.
Thanks. I'm hitting the second guessing stage. Everything looks fine. Baby seems perfectly fine. But the what ifs are starting to rear their heads.

-Angela
post #13 of 126
My dh was 40 days late, according to family lore.

Came out raring to go and has never stopped.

Sending labor vibes your way.
post #14 of 126
I just thought I'd tell you that a friend recently had a baby at almost 43 weeks and he was under 8 pounds. I can't remember the number exactly but she was totally average in every way and just perfectly cooked. I was amazed watching this women all zen like waiting for her baby and then even more impressed when they "overdue" baby was right on time in every way.
post #15 of 126
DH and I came up with an answering machine greeting.

(My "automated" voice) Hello. You've reached the McGillicuddy Household Baby Reporting Hotline. At this time there are (DH's "automated" voice breaks in) ZERO (my voice again) babies to delivered to this in-box. Please try your call again later. Thank you. Good-bye."

It didn't stop MIL from freaking out and leaving frantic messages about how I needed an induction . . . but from everybody else it got a few laughs!
post #16 of 126
43 weeks and I so feel for you. Its just flat out tough all around to go over, no matter how healthy, normal and ok it may be. I LOVE the answering machine message. DH family just about caused a feud once 42 weeks hit. It took some intervention that we didn't really have patience for. They even called during labor?! Like you're not going to be one of the first phone calls, jeez?!
Anyhoo. Marshall came out great, healthy and is a super baby. As long as bio physicals all look good(kick charts included), there is not one iota of thing to worry about.
I started doing acupuncture and massages to try to help move things along at 41 weeks. If nothing else, it definitely was a nice treat and helped me relax. My midwife would also come over and rub my feet. There were parts of it that were kinda nice.
post #17 of 126
Thread Starter 
Yeah, dh has been great with the massages...

Hopefully something gets moving soon.

-Angela
post #18 of 126
My 1st was 40weeks 5 days, so I was like, oh, second babies come sooner,right? So then when I hit 40w5d with the second it was awful! And then I had to wait another week and a half after that! I went 42 weeks 2 days with her.

But, man, the birth was awesome, short, exciting, I felt fantastic!
post #19 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by water View Post
My 1st was 40weeks 5 days, so I was like, oh, second babies come sooner,right? So then when I hit 40w5d with the second it was awful! And then I had to wait another week and a half after that! I went 42 weeks 2 days with her.

But, man, the birth was awesome, short, exciting, I felt fantastic!
I'm hoping for a short labor at least. Dd was 41 weeks 2 days... but 31 hours of labor.

so I figure since this one made me wait so much longer, I at least better get a short, sweet labor out of the deal, right?

-Angela
post #20 of 126
You totally deserve it!! (the short sweet labor I mean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birth and Beyond
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › 42+ week moms....