I have a few ideas. I'm not sure what all we will be doing last year. I had DD a week before Christmas this past year and so we kinda opted out of Christmas. We did calendars with DS's pictures in them for everyone and that was it. It was something I could do ahead of time so it was nice.
But I have to say it was great to just not have to worry about it. I may just tell everyone to not buy us anything (we don't need anything anyway!) and then not buy for everyone else. Besides the expense, it is just so hard to find things that people will actually want and use.
Anyway here are some ideas.
- calendars with photos in them (last 2 years I have gotten them from Lakeside Collection and they are cheap but OK and you can use regular 4 x 6 photos in them).
- a gardening basket with a handprinted apron
- flower pot painted on by the kids, or handprints (my mom loved this one!)
- homemade ornaments (could put handprints in them)
- picture bookmarks (I just printed pictures with a saying at the bottom and them laminated them myself)
- hand print coasters (had DS do his handprints on scrapbook paper and then cut them out and laminated them, as if he was holding their drink with his hands, etc.)
- jewelry (I think the site was silverjewelryclub.com - super cheap but nice stuff)
- sign up at mypoints and earn gift cards. I did this and got a ton of gift cards back. I have enough now to get another one for myself, too.
LMK if anyone wants a referral
- custom picture frames (get at the craft store)
- garden stones
- those gifts in a jar. i have gotten soup before and also muffins, they were good!