or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › April 2007 Babes - It's JUNE!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

April 2007 Babes - It's JUNE!!! - Page 9

post #161 of 287
Caroline Strokes ( ok PULLS) my hair and her own hair and sometimes puts her finger in my ear while nursing! lol so much fun! i have avoided nipple twiddling with all of mine, its just not an option for ME i can't stand it!!
post #162 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
we are getting ready to go to Disney world and Clearwater FL for 10 days in july! we are taking the Auto train, and are really excited! this is our first REAl big family vacation EVER! wish us luck lol~ hopefully i will be back to talk again soon

Yay Disney World, we love going. It will be very very very hot though and crowded so be prepared. Make sure to use Fast Passes as well, they are wonderful for getting on the rides that end up with huge lines, since you don't have to wait in a huge line with them you get to go in the express lane. Make sure to bring a lot of water, it is hot. The Baby Changing stations at each park are nice (well don't know about MGM (or Disney Studios whatever they are calling it now) since we didn't visit them last September, but the other three are nice). They even have a nursing room in each Baby Care Center which is really nice to give the little ones some quiet downtime (only nurslings and parents are allowed in, and it is dark and quiet).

We are actually debating the Autotrain next time we go down, we'll have to see, we normally drive, but it is a long drive.


Desmond likes to pinch and pull when he nurses too, I don't allow him to play with the other nipple, it just was not something I was willing to do, so I stopped him immediately from that in the beginning. He will pinch and play with the breast he is nursing on, push his finger into my belly button, and play with my belly fat (thanks child, like I didn't know I needed to lose weight) while nursing though.

Desmond is sleeping alone from about 9pm till midnight now, I am so happy. He does wake when we come to bed around midnight so I do feed him then, I figure it is a fair trade for him sleeping alone for 3 hours! It is so nice to have 2 to 3 hours with just me and DH. I am really pleased with this change, we'll see how it goes when we introduce him to his new room and bed in a few weeks, hopefully the sleeping alone for at least a little while keeps up.
post #163 of 287
Well, until a few days ago I was sad that Ion said dada-dad-daddy. Now it's "mama? mumum? mum! mamamamamama? naynay(nurse) mama? naynay! mama naynay!!!" :
post #164 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
...and play with my belly fat (thanks child, like I didn't know I needed to lose weight)...
Yes, well....at least he didn't try to LATCH onto your tummy! (like Micah did to me...several times...once recently...)
post #165 of 287
post #166 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
The first haircut was a big deal for me, too, with my older kids, but Micah looks SO CUTE with his new little 'do! Did you keep a little of his clippings?

He looks like he was really cooperative in the pics... Chloe really needs a trim, too, but I don't think there's anything I could do to keep her in one place long enough to get it done. How did you get him to sit still?
post #167 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Yay Disney World, we love going. It will be very very very hot though and crowded so be prepared. Make sure to use Fast Passes as well, they are wonderful for getting on the rides that end up with huge lines, since you don't have to wait in a huge line with them you get to go in the express lane. Make sure to bring a lot of water, it is hot. The Baby Changing stations at each park are nice (well don't know about MGM (or Disney Studios whatever they are calling it now) since we didn't visit them last September, but the other three are nice). They even have a nursing room in each Baby Care Center which is really nice to give the little ones some quiet downtime (only nurslings and parents are allowed in, and it is dark and quiet).

We are actually debating the Autotrain next time we go down, we'll have to see, we normally drive, but it is a long drive.


Desmond likes to pinch and pull when he nurses too, I don't allow him to play with the other nipple, it just was not something I was willing to do, so I stopped him immediately from that in the beginning. He will pinch and play with the breast he is nursing on, push his finger into my belly button, and play with my belly fat (thanks child, like I didn't know I needed to lose weight) while nursing though.

Desmond is sleeping alone from about 9pm till midnight now, I am so happy. He does wake when we come to bed around midnight so I do feed him then, I figure it is a fair trade for him sleeping alone for 3 hours! It is so nice to have 2 to 3 hours with just me and DH. I am really pleased with this change, we'll see how it goes when we introduce him to his new room and bed in a few weeks, hopefully the sleeping alone for at least a little while keeps up.
zenon is always busy with his hands too--on my other nipple, my hairy armpit (hehe), my belly button... i don't mind it too much.
kaylo used to hold my hair everytime he nursed...he wouldn't even nurse unless he had it (it was so long then!). even after i weaned him, he had to hold it to fall asleep. when i had zenon, i always put my hair over my shoulder for him for about the first three months of his life...just out of habit!

that's great about sleeping changes for ya! i'm glad it's working out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Well, until a few days ago I was sad that Ion said dada-dad-daddy. Now it's "mama? mumum? mum! mamamamamama? naynay(nurse) mama? naynay! mama naynay!!!" :


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Yes, well....at least he didn't try to LATCH onto your tummy! (like Micah did to me...several times...once recently...)
oooo...zenon has! it actually took him a while to notice there wasn't any milk there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
oh, that's hard. he looks cute and it looks like he was great! i just cut zenon's hair for the first time (...about a cm! i just couldn't do a lot!)... but he was such a wild man. i think we tamed him with chocolate! people still think he's a girl...but i just can't cut more yet.
post #168 of 287
koofie---zenon finally is stacking his stacker by himself. he loves it! he's so proud...he has to look around after he does it, waiting for our cheers.
post #169 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Well, until a few days ago I was sad that Ion said dada-dad-daddy. Now it's "mama? mumum? mum! mamamamamama? naynay(nurse) mama? naynay! mama naynay!!!" :
Romi is the same!! Anytime she wants something, anything (nursing, eating, the keys on the counter, her dad) it's "maman! Maaaamaaan!! Mamaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!"
Funny about kid languages, romi says hi all the time, but we don't say hi in french. It's obviously one of those sounds kids learn to say, but she says it at appropriate times, like when she's playing with the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Yes, well....at least he didn't try to LATCH onto your tummy! (like Micah did to me...several times...once recently...)
Haha, romi did that to me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post

he is so CUTE!!!
He reminds me so much of liam when he was young... It freaks me out!

ETA Liam as a baby:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1114/...a2edd15b2d.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1338/...22cdefa6b1.jpg

Ok, I,m supposed to be working here!!!
post #170 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
He is such a lovely boy! ANd those are great shots of his first haircut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Romi is the same!! Anytime she wants something, anything (nursing, eating, the keys on the counter, her dad) it's "maman! Maaaamaaan!! Mamaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!"
Funny about kid languages, romi says hi all the time, but we don't say hi in french. It's obviously one of those sounds kids learn to say, but she says it at appropriate times, like when she's playing with the phone



Haha, romi did that to me too!




he is so CUTE!!!
He reminds me so much of liam when he was young... It freaks me out!
Crap! I thought Arlo was really saying hi! He yells it out the window at people on the sidewalk. His favourite word these days is "no".
post #171 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
zenon is always busy with his hands too--on my other nipple, my hairy armpit (hehe), my belly button... i don't mind it too much.
kaylo used to hold my hair everytime he nursed...he wouldn't even nurse unless he had it (it was so long then!). even after i weaned him, he had to hold it to fall asleep. when i had zenon, i always put my hair over my shoulder for him for about the first three months of his life...just out of habit!
Finn was exactly the same. He still needs to hold someone's hair to fall asleep. "I need haiw, I need haiw..."
post #172 of 287
Holy Crap guys! was I away for a long time or what!? I have so much catching up to do...my internet service went down on May 31...I've missed all of June! I was so frusterated, my service provider is complelely inept, but there are no other options. In the meantime I've ordered 4 modems, and one finally arrived today. I have no idea if it's the first or the last.

Speaking of words, I can hear Eva yelling 'mama!mamama!' from outside. haha.

So here's the big news guys. I can tell you all, my virtual friends. So, I'm 14 days dpo. Normally I'm 8-9 days. For months, and my temp has always dipped the day of. 14 days! No period! I've only had light cramps, none of the usual, although it's decreased since using my diva. ????
post #173 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Holy Crap guys! was I away for a long time or what!? I have so much catching up to do...my internet service went down on May 31...I've missed all of June! I was so frusterated, my service provider is complelely inept, but there are no other options. In the meantime I've ordered 4 modems, and one finally arrived today. I have no idea if it's the first or the last.

Speaking of words, I can hear Eva yelling 'mama!mamama!' from outside. haha.

So here's the big news guys. I can tell you all, my virtual friends. So, I'm 14 days dpo. Normally I'm 8-9 days. For months, and my temp has always dipped the day of. 14 days! No period! I've only had light cramps, none of the usual, although it's decreased since using my diva. ????
OMG! Go poas!!! And then report back:

I've missed you
post #174 of 287
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
koofie---zenon finally is stacking his stacker by himself. he loves it! he's so proud...he has to look around after he does it, waiting for our cheers.
awww! That is so cute! Abby still can't, but that is mostly because Ari uses the stacker thing to play "horseshoes" with some of Abby's ring things.

Queen, I'm waiting to hear the poas results!
post #175 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Holy Crap guys! was I away for a long time or what!? I have so much catching up to do...my internet service went down on May 31...I've missed all of June! I was so frusterated, my service provider is complelely inept, but there are no other options. In the meantime I've ordered 4 modems, and one finally arrived today. I have no idea if it's the first or the last.

Speaking of words, I can hear Eva yelling 'mama!mamama!' from outside. haha.

So here's the big news guys. I can tell you all, my virtual friends. So, I'm 14 days dpo. Normally I'm 8-9 days. For months, and my temp has always dipped the day of. 14 days! No period! I've only had light cramps, none of the usual, although it's decreased since using my diva. ????
good to "see" you!!!
it's funny b/c i was going to joke on your facebook that you left us and joined a new ddc! ....maybe??
post #176 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizLiz View Post
The first haircut was a big deal for me, too, with my older kids, but Micah looks SO CUTE with his new little 'do! Did you keep a little of his clippings?

He looks like he was really cooperative in the pics... Chloe really needs a trim, too, but I don't think there's anything I could do to keep her in one place long enough to get it done. How did you get him to sit still?
Yes, I have a ziplock baggie with several curls! (Yes, an evil, plastic, non-reuseable bag ) Micah LOVES having his hair combed/brushed! He has since we started around 6 or 7 months....so I think it was a combination between that, mommy in his face with a camera, papa in his face with a camcorder, and all of the new people! My dad's brother's ex-wife (who is a hair stylist) and her "new" husband were there camping in addition to about 4 or 5 people they knew that were hanging out. He had plenty to focus on...He did start getting antsy at the end, but did VERY well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
oooo...zenon has! it actually took him a while to notice there wasn't any milk there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Haha, romi did that to me too!!!!
It is nice to know that I am not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
oh, that's hard. he looks cute and it looks like he was great! i just cut zenon's hair for the first time (...about a cm! i just couldn't do a lot!)... but he was such a wild man. i think we tamed him with chocolate! people still think he's a girl...but i just can't cut more yet.
I wish that 1 cm was all that had been cut. Since the stylist was a relative and it was free, I didn't speak up, although I should have....I just hope when it grows out there are curls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
he is so CUTE!!!
He reminds me so much of liam when he was young... It freaks me out!

ETA Liam as a baby:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1114/...a2edd15b2d.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1338/...22cdefa6b1.jpg
They do have some similarities!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
He is such a lovely boy! ANd those are great shots of his first haircut!
Thank you! I got a new camera a couple of weeks ago and have been practicing...It is what I spent my stimulus check on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
So here's the big news guys. I can tell you all, my virtual friends. So, I'm 14 days dpo. Normally I'm 8-9 days. For months, and my temp has always dipped the day of. 14 days! No period! I've only had light cramps, none of the usual, although it's decreased since using my diva. ????
I am guessing that dpo is days past ovulation? When I first quoted it, I didn't have a guess....it took me a minute! So, have you poas yet???
post #177 of 287
Hey guys!
I'm slowly getting caught up! Hanno- any more about the commune?
Doudat- I had to laugh about the dh and stroller thing- that was cute and soooo like a man!

Here's the update. I took a test yesterday afternoon after a lot of liquid and got a faint positive. I kept on checking and checking it, in the light, in the dark. So I took another this morning, and sure enough- positive! So guess what? I can't really believe it- it's just the worst timing for me- I had HIGH hopes for spring/summer/early fall! Anyway- I want to keep it to myself for a bit, I like having a secret. I need to get used to it too. It's funny- of course I want to be pregnant and I want this baby, but it's a bit of a surprise. So I feel totally different than with Axel or Eva. Anyway. I guess I'm about 5-6 weeks.
post #178 of 287
Oh- and Micah's hair is soo cute! I was devastated when I cut Axel's curls off, but the grew back once it got longer again- give it time!!
And yep- dpo is days past ovulation
post #179 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Hey guys!
I'm slowly getting caught up! Hanno- any more about the commune?
Doudat- I had to laugh about the dh and stroller thing- that was cute and soooo like a man!

Here's the update. I took a test yesterday afternoon after a lot of liquid and got a faint positive. I kept on checking and checking it, in the light, in the dark. So I took another this morning, and sure enough- positive! So guess what? I can't really believe it- it's just the worst timing for me- I had HIGH hopes for spring/summer/early fall! Anyway- I want to keep it to myself for a bit, I like having a secret. I need to get used to it too. It's funny- of course I want to be pregnant and I want this baby, but it's a bit of a surprise. So I feel totally different than with Axel or Eva. Anyway. I guess I'm about 5-6 weeks.
AAAHHH! Congrats!! : We'll get you excited!! But , it may be early spring--right?? Maybe there'll be a reason you don't know yet for it happening when it does.
But I'm excited for ya! (and you can't leave us for another ddc! )
post #180 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

Here's the update. I took a test yesterday afternoon after a lot of liquid and got a faint positive. I kept on checking and checking it, in the light, in the dark. So I took another this morning, and sure enough- positive! So guess what? I can't really believe it- it's just the worst timing for me- I had HIGH hopes for spring/summer/early fall! Anyway- I want to keep it to myself for a bit, I like having a secret. I need to get used to it too. It's funny- of course I want to be pregnant and I want this baby, but it's a bit of a surprise. So I feel totally different than with Axel or Eva. Anyway. I guess I'm about 5-6 weeks.
Congrats I'm excited for you, and it will be end of Feb/beginning of March so almost spring baby.

Talking about pregnancy tests, I think I'm going to be taking one on Friday, I had light spotting on Monday, which may have been implantation bleeding, though it means I Oed really early. I've woken up every day since semi-nauseous though, so I figure I'll check to see if anything shows up.

In other news there are new pictures from Father's Day up at my blog. We went strawberry picking again and then to the playground later in the day.

Oh Desmond is going to bed around 9pm now and sleeping alone for the first 3 hours it is so nice. Except it has screwed up his night nursing some, he wants to nurse at 2am again, so we are working on night weaning that feeding again for the third time or so, and we go on vacation on Friday so I am sure it will get screwed up again while we are gone. The only downside to him going to bed at 9pm is he wakes up at 8am, I kind of liked the later sleeping in since it meant I could too, but that's okay I really like the 3 hours of me and DH time better then the extra 2 hours of sleeping in, I just go to bed 2 hours earlier instead.

Nothing much else going on here, I need to start packing for Friday, or at least doing laundry so we have clean clothes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › April 2007 Babes - It's JUNE!!!