or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The JUNE Infertility One Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JUNE Infertility One Thread - Page 9

post #161 of 178
congrats on your BFP!! (or a few of them!)
post #162 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by baturay View Post
Shhhh....I've only told a few close friends and this is the only place I'm posting online, until I do the beta this weekend, but....there's a line. I'm pregnant!

With my second child, I saw the line 10 days post ovulation. It was a faint line, but it was there. This time, I started testing on Sunday and started to see the line on Monday and today it's getting darker.

I'm pregnant!!! Been 7 months, a hellish IVF process and a FET, but I'm finally pregnant. Thanks all for the support you all provided.:
YEAH!!!!! I know it would ahppen for you!! I am doing the happy dance for you over here!!!! How many embies went back? Maybe it is twins!!!!
post #163 of 178
baturay, congratulations!

It doesn't look like I'm responding to the Femara. What can you all tell me about injectibles?
post #164 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
It doesn't look like I'm responding to the Femara. What can you all tell me about injectibles?
Sorry about your body not responding. My RE recommended I go straight to IVF when I didn't respond to clomid. (He said there were legal issues with Femara, so he didn't use it.) According to him, injectibles would give me a high chance of a higher-order pregnancy (we're talking 4, 5, 6 + babies) since I have so many follicles on each ovary (PCOS). However, this may not be true for everyone, just be prepared so you're not blindsided like I was. Good luck!
post #165 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
baturay, congratulations!

It doesn't look like I'm responding to the Femara. What can you all tell me about injectibles?
I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS just poly cystic-like ovaries but my RE did start me on Clomid and after two rounds of it not working for me I was told the next step was injectibles. I was never on Femara so I'm not sure what that is but I can tell you what my first round of injectibles were like. I was on Bravelle for 5 days and Gonal-F for 1 (they thought i was allergic to the Bravelle, turns out I'm probably not). I am scheduled for an IUI tomorrow morning with a trigger shot tonight because as Julia'sMom said, with injectables you run the risk of mulitple follicles maturing and they wanted to trigger me before all of the 9 (yes, 9) matured. 2 are mature and ready now, 2 should be by tomorrow. On 100mg of Clomid I only got 2 so the Bravelle did it's job, probably too well. The fear my RE is having now is that all 4 might fertilize. But the good thing about being on injectibles is that they can monitor it better than the Clomid. They changed my dosages 3 out of the 6 days I was on it.

Baturay, congratulations! LOVE the little pink lines!!
post #166 of 178
Hi All. I'm new to the infertility section of this very warm and welcoming board. I just started clomid yesterday. I have no idea what to expect. All you pros out there tell me something - tell me anything.

We have been TTC for 10 cycles. I had one chemical pregnancy the 2nd time we tried.

I'm on cd5 and will go back to the RE on cd12 to see what's going on. Yesterday I had two small follicles already growing.

I guess I'll be injecting too next week - tell me about that too!

-cori
post #167 of 178
Hey, Cori! I'm "new" to this area too. I've been through the same # of cycles, so I feel your pain. Unfortunately we haven't found the "issue(s)" yet, so we are planning further testing to see what/if anything is going on.

I don't have any experience with fertility meds, so I can't give advice there, but good luck with it all!
post #168 of 178
Well I decided to follow baturay's lead....

I just got two lines (on two tests)!!! I'm sooooo excited! Now all we have to do is pray this pregnancy sticks!!
post #169 of 178
Cori - The clomid wasn't bad for me, side effect-wise. Just be aware that every woman reacts differently. Basically they'll see you at CD12, if the follicles are mature than you trigger. If not, then they'll see you in a couple more days to see how they're growing. The trigger shot (hcg) isn't bad, especially since it's only once. If you're nervous, just ice the area beforehand and you won't really feel it at all. Then it's either timed intercourse or an iui, not sure what you RE recommended. Good luck!
post #170 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Well I decided to follow baturay's lead....

I just got two lines (on two tests)!!! I'm sooooo excited! Now all we have to do is pray this pregnancy sticks!!
::: Aly - I am sooooo excited for you! Here's to those sticky beans remaining sticky, and a happy and healthy 9 months ahead of you.... now we just have to wait and see how many!!! : ::

That's a couple now ladies - let's hope that these good vibes stick to us all!!!
post #171 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Cori - The clomid wasn't bad for me, side effect-wise. Just be aware that every woman reacts differently. Basically they'll see you at CD12, if the follicles are mature than you trigger. If not, then they'll see you in a couple more days to see how they're growing. The trigger shot (hcg) isn't bad, especially since it's only once. If you're nervous, just ice the area beforehand and you won't really feel it at all. Then it's either timed intercourse or an iui, not sure what you RE recommended. Good luck!
thanks julia'smom - i was really apprehensive about all of this, but now I'm feeling good about it. i think we are doing timed intercourse - but i guess we'll see on wednesday.
post #172 of 178
Aly! Yes!!!! Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #173 of 178
Aly!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear how many are in there! I hope you have a wonderful 9 months! :::::::
post #174 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Hey, Cori! I'm "new" to this area too. I've been through the same # of cycles, so I feel your pain. Unfortunately we haven't found the "issue(s)" yet, so we are planning further testing to see what/if anything is going on.

I don't have any experience with fertility meds, so I can't give advice there, but good luck with it all!
Thanks. I'll keep you all posted!
post #175 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Well I decided to follow baturay's lead....

I just got two lines (on two tests)!!! I'm sooooo excited! Now all we have to do is pray this pregnancy sticks!!
Thinking sticky for you Aly!
post #176 of 178
Thread Starter 

Stop in to update your status and check out all our BFP's!

K
post #177 of 178
Congratulations, Aly! Here's hoping it's sticky!

Thanks for your thoughts on injectibles. The dr. told me that the only reason to go for IVF vs. injectibles is the risk of higher order multiples. I'm uncomfortable with selective reduction but not completely opposed. I'm worried about its risks, but I'm just as worried about the risks of a high-order-multiple pregnancy. Injectibles are still less invasive than IVF, so I'm still sort of leaning towards it, but I'm not completely sure.

I'm not religious, but just the idea of seeing 4 beating hearts on an ultrasound and thinking I should stop two of them...
post #178 of 178
CONGRATULATIONS ON ALL THE BFP's!! That's great news! Couldn't be happier for you both! :


Songbird, I'm having the same reservations you are about reduction. I had my IUI this morning and there's no way to know right now if any let alone 4 will fertilize but it's def a thought in the back of my mind. My husband doesn't seem to have a real issue with reduction but I'm really uncomfortable making that kind of decision. On the other hand, I don't want to risk my health or the health of any or all of the babies, should 4 actually fertilize AND stick. After trying for what feels like ages (even though it's not), I just want to see 2 pink lines and then i'll start worrying. I'm not really convinced anything is going to stick this month anyway, so who knows...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › The JUNE Infertility One Thread