I've done the abx three times (they refused to even test me for it at least one of those times), with my first three babies. It all went ok, thank goodness. However, in hindsight, I'm glad I've learned what I have about GBS and am not testing nor using abx (if all goes as planned with my first HB) this time.
|results can fluctuate day by day, so it seemed pointless to me. And when I weigh the risk of transmission vs. the negatives involved with antibiotics, they wouldn't be my choice anyway
My thoughts exactly as well! I tested positive w/my first and from there on out, was just put on abx...until my fourth...and I 'tested negative' with her.
My MW now doesn't test. I'm eating yogurt, planning to start probiotics, and I suppose I'll try the garlic regimen...though not looking forward to it at all!
(Bleh!) Of course, my MW, DH, and I will watch the baby very closely and if I would end up with any of the 'warning' signs (elevated temp during labor, water breaking a long time before birth, etc.), things could change. However, being at home, I'm really not too worried. At the hospital, I worry about the baby getting the abx, having ALL bacteria (the good stuff, too) wiped out of the gut, and then being subjected to nasty hospital germs (E. Coli, etc.)...but I'm paranoid like that.
GL to you, whatever you decide! I know it's a toughie; I've struggled, too.