My son was born May 29th. We had a bit of trouble at the end with shoulder dystocia. After everything calmed down the midwives didn't check to see if I tore because they said it would be all swollen and they wouldn't sew it up right away anyway. They would wait until the next day. Well, the regular midwife didn't do the 24 visit, her assistant did and she didn't check me for anythign at all. She asked if it burned when I peed and I told her it stung a bit, but it wasn't bad. Based on that she decided I didn't tear. The other midwife was supposed to come to my house the next day, but we had a huge storm and I didn't have any power. I saw her briefly the following day, but she was looking at Noah's brachial plexus injury before I took him to the ped. Fast forward to last night. I asked dh to check and see if he thought I tore. He says it looks like I did on the scar from dd1's epesiotomy. I don't know if I should call the midwife or not. Can she do anything this late? I actually did try calling her earlier, but she hasn't been returning my calls lately. I'm jsut not sure what I should do.
post #1 of 6
6/7/08 at 8:13pm