or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › Jessica Alba has a natural birth
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jessica Alba has a natural birth

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Or so her brother says;

Quote:
He revealed that his sister chose to have "all natural" childbirth and said everything "went really well."
:
post #2 of 23
yay! hopefully she's breastfeeding!
post #3 of 23
I heard that she was a hypnobirthing mama too.
post #4 of 23
Did you guys read that Leila Ali (spelling?), is planning an all natural homebirth? thought that was so cool.
post #5 of 23
That's awesome! I was really disppointed to see that she has a nanny though...
post #6 of 23
http://babyrazzi.com/baby/2008/06/11...no-medication/

The expectant American Gladiator co-host, 30 (and daughter of boxing champ Muhammad Ali), revealed that she is having a boy at Saturday’s Celebrity Family Feud taping in Los Angeles.

“His name is going to be Curtis Jr. and Mohammed is the middle name,” she told Us magazine. (Ali married her husband Curtis Conway in July 2007.)

Although she has “gained 20 pounds so far,” she said she hasn’t had any unusual pregnancy cravings.

“I feel great!” she said.

Due in “three months,” she said she plans on “doing a natural home birth with no medication.” (She’s also using a midwife!)

So the fitness fanatic has had to put down the weights.

“My husband has got on me a couple of times saying, ‘You’re not supposed to be doing that with those weights!’” she said. “I’m like, ‘Oh, OK.’”

(Still, the former DWTS contestant said she manages to do “an hour of cardio on the elliptical or spinning, but not such high impact. Then, I also do some plates and light weight training, but nothing very strenuous.”)

Is her famous boxing father psyched to be a granddad?

“Of course,” she told Us magazine, “but I think he’ll be more excited once the baby is actually here.”
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
yay! hopefully she's breastfeeding!
One article talks about her buying a boppy, so I think she was at least planning on it.
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Moomin* View Post
That's awesome! I was really disppointed to see that she has a nanny though...
Ah, come on, to each their own. You have no idea how she is going to utilize that nanny. Mothers everywhere have other people involved in their childcare.
post #9 of 23
GOO LAILA!!!! That would be SOOOOO great for the WOC community to see!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg1123 View Post
http://babyrazzi.com/baby/2008/06/11...no-medication/

The expectant American Gladiator co-host, 30 (and daughter of boxing champ Muhammad Ali), revealed that she is having a boy at Saturday’s Celebrity Family Feud taping in Los Angeles.

“His name is going to be Curtis Jr. and Mohammed is the middle name,” she told Us magazine. (Ali married her husband Curtis Conway in July 2007.)

Although she has “gained 20 pounds so far,” she said she hasn’t had any unusual pregnancy cravings.

“I feel great!” she said.

Due in “three months,” she said she plans on “doing a natural home birth with no medication.” (She’s also using a midwife!)

So the fitness fanatic has had to put down the weights.

“My husband has got on me a couple of times saying, ‘You’re not supposed to be doing that with those weights!’” she said. “I’m like, ‘Oh, OK.’”

(Still, the former DWTS contestant said she manages to do “an hour of cardio on the elliptical or spinning, but not such high impact. Then, I also do some plates and light weight training, but nothing very strenuous.”)

Is her famous boxing father psyched to be a granddad?

“Of course,” she told Us magazine, “but I think he’ll be more excited once the baby is actually here.”
post #10 of 23
She had the baby at Cedars. Cedars or "Caesars" does not have a reputation for doing natural births.
post #11 of 23
If nothing else, it sounds like it was definitely vaginal....and in C-Section Happy Hollywood this is a good thing for her.
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
She had the baby at Cedars. Cedars or "Caesars" does not have a reputation for doing natural births.
They don't, but it does happen now and then. They even have a midwife on staff who, finally, is allowed to catch babies (for a good long while, she was just used as an RN). She's a great midwife, too... she was there for my first son's birth at UCLA.

Cedars is getting better. I still wouldn't set foot in it for my own birth, but it's not as bad as it used to be from everything I've heard.
post #13 of 23
sharr610: Thanks for calling out the nanny comment. So quick to judge sometimes...

Does having a nanny immediately knock you down a couple of notches on the "good mommy" scale?
post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
If nothing else, it sounds like it was definitely vaginal....and in C-Section Happy Hollywood this is a good thing for her.
Exactly. I knew there was a chance that "natural" was used in place of "vaginal", but the way it read I didn't take it that way. Either way, I am glad she didn't schedule a c-section for no reason, in the world of celebrities that is a rarity.
post #15 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewagaman View Post
sharr610: Thanks for calling out the nanny comment. So quick to judge sometimes...

Does having a nanny immediately knock you down a couple of notches on the "good mommy" scale?
I know, if I could afford a nanny I would be all over that. I think at newborn age there is maybe a risk of the nanny taking over, and the mother not properly bonding though, so maybe that is what some are thinking.
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharr610 View Post
Ah, come on, to each their own. You have no idea how she is going to utilize that nanny. Mothers everywhere have other people involved in their childcare.




post #17 of 23
FINALLY. I was becoming physcially ill hearing about all of the elective C-sections....ARGH. I'm so happy natural childbirth is a priority for some celebrities.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg1123 View Post
http://babyrazzi.com/baby/2008/06/11...no-medication/

The expectant American Gladiator co-host, 30 (and daughter of boxing champ Muhammad Ali), revealed that she is having a boy at Saturday’s Celebrity Family Feud taping in Los Angeles.

“His name is going to be Curtis Jr. and Mohammed is the middle name,” she told Us magazine. (Ali married her husband Curtis Conway in July 2007.)

Although she has “gained 20 pounds so far,” she said she hasn’t had any unusual pregnancy cravings.

“I feel great!” she said.

Due in “three months,” she said she plans on “doing a natural home birth with no medication.” (She’s also using a midwife!)

So the fitness fanatic has had to put down the weights.

“My husband has got on me a couple of times saying, ‘You’re not supposed to be doing that with those weights!’” she said. “I’m like, ‘Oh, OK.’”

(Still, the former DWTS contestant said she manages to do “an hour of cardio on the elliptical or spinning, but not such high impact. Then, I also do some plates and light weight training, but nothing very strenuous.”)

Is her famous boxing father psyched to be a granddad?

“Of course,” she told Us magazine, “but I think he’ll be more excited once the baby is actually here.”
That's awesome

Some of the comments on there make me
The one about black people naming kids after the father, um
and the stuff about as soon as she goes into labour she'll be begging for drugs... meh, whatever.
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg1123 View Post
So the fitness fanatic has had to put down the weights.

“My husband has got on me a couple of times saying, ‘You’re not supposed to be doing that with those weights!’” she said. “I’m like, ‘Oh, OK.’”

(Still, the former DWTS contestant said she manages to do “an hour of cardio on the elliptical or spinning, but not such high impact. Then, I also do some plates and light weight training, but nothing very strenuous.”)
Huh? There's nothing wrong with weight training during pregnancy! It's just as safe as cardio.
I'm glad that she says she's still doing some weight training. I think it's just as important that the message gets spread that exercise during pregnancy is healthy... just like homebirth is a healthy, safe option too.
post #20 of 23
My sis is 6 weeks pregnant and was told not to lift anything over 20 lbs. Wha?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birth and Beyond
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › Jessica Alba has a natural birth