or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › My baby swallowed shampoo today!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My baby swallowed shampoo today!

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
Ugh. My ds2, 15months, was playing in the bathtub (no water in it, just walking around) while I went to the bathroom and he knocked the shampoo down (he hadn't been able to reach it before!), before I knew it, his hand was in it and in his mouth (it had spilled) and he was trying to eat it! He gagged and spit it out, and I don't know if he swallowed much or not; but I called poison control and they said it was okay; that he might vomit or have diahrrea but just to watch him.

He was totally fine, never had any diahrrea or vomiting; so I don't think he even swallowed it, just tasted it.......but my heart is still pounding and I'm still worried and watching over him (this happened at 1pm today). I can't believe it happened so fast, while I was right there watching him!

Now every time he coughs I'm convinced it's the shampoo.....

Gotta run....
post #2 of 3
Thread Starter 
LOL. I know that he's fine, and he didn't seem to like it, at least!

Kristi
post #3 of 3
My son did this yesterday. He picked up the bottle of baby shanmpoo and sucked on the lid which was a pop open kind. I didn't think he could get any but then he cried so I sucked on it and sure enough.. but I don't think he got much, a bad taste though. He cried and we nursed and he is fine. What is funny is that our nickname for him is bubbles so I think he was trying to live up to it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › My baby swallowed shampoo today!