or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6/16 Update Thread - Page 2

post #21 of 39
40 w today, for what it's worth.
We euthanized our dog this weekend - 14 year old giant schnauzer mix. Very sad, but the time had come.

At my appointment two weeks ago, I was 2cm/30% - I might cave in and ask for another exam at tomorrow's appointment, even though I know it's not any indicator for how soon real labor will actually hit.

I've had BH everyday, throughout the day for weeks. And the most irritating strings of real contrax - for as much as an hour at a time, at 6-10 min intervals. But, always fades out. My only concern is that I grow big babes (9 1/2 - 10 1/2 pounders!). While my sense is that this one isn't in the big end of that range (famous last words?), I don't want any complications for this re-VBAC.

Maya - I've been trying to keep up with the Hypnobabies regime, but I'm slipping, too. Yesterday, my attitude was pretty much "screw affirmations"...guess that means I need them all the more!
post #22 of 39
38+5. The last 24 hrs here have been a total gong show. We all have colds so I was planning an early bedtime for all (myself included) last night. Well around 7 I sat on the birth ball..........and it EXPLODED! Like full on blew up! I fell flat on my ass, hard. I peed my pants when I hit the floor, but we weren't positive it wasn't my water breaking (exploding!). So we hung out and put the kids to bed then called the MW. She said if I wasn't leaking anymore it probably wasn't my water, but she recomended getting a no-stress to make sure there was no placental abruption or anything wierd going on..........So my BIL who is staying here stayed with the kids and DH and I trekked off tot he hospital. I was scared we were going to be in emerg for hours but fortunatly it was in L&D and she had called ahead for us. So we were in and out in 30 min (and of course everything was fine). I've never been in L&D before and it made me really glad I've been lucky enough to have homebirth's ............

So anyway everything turned out fine, but of course I ended up going to bed late adn now am sicker then ever with this stupid cold.........Thank god it's sunny here today so we can hang out outside!
post #23 of 39
Sarah, thanks for posting what your doula said. I'm sorry you had to transfer but I'm glad you still had a good birth

I'm with BirthFree on your 2nd post though, I don't think anyone is really doing anything to actually encourage their babies to come early (except maybe complaining which is what this thread is here for ), except me, and trust me I feel enough insane amounts of guilt over the issue without people reminding me that babies come in their own time. I KNOW that, I BELIEVE in that wholeheartedly. I'm not doing this crap because I'm impatient or ready to be done, I'm doing it because trying something like castor oil and letting her be born at home seems a lot more gentle to me than being hooked up to pitocin or ending this in a c-section over a failed medical induction or whatever else. I've BEEN through the pit induction before, and it sucked, not just for me, but for my DD too. And no matter how much relaxing and everything else I do, that IS what I'm facing if this baby doesn't come out soon. If I didn't really feel it was an issue, I guess I could just drop all care and UC, but high blood pressure really IS associated with placental abruption, not to mention maternal seizure and a list of other things. I don't feel like I'm at risk enough right now to NEED a hospital, but I want someone who knows what they are doing to guide me in this and be at my birth to make a call that could save my life. So really, its up to my MW if I transfer or not, and since she has offered me the option of trying some things to get her out before my BP gets too high (or goes too long with it being as high as it is currently), I tried them. I thought and soul searched and this is where I'm at. Thats the best I can do really.
I hope people don't really think I would be trying to get her out this early if it wasn't for a real reason
post #24 of 39
Phoenix. And another
post #25 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
Awww butterfly...I'm sending you as many virtual hugs as I can muster You're totally right...constant BH would really suck the big one. And you're totally awesome for cleaning up while having them! I say indulge in as much Taco Bell as you want. You totally deserve it for being so darn patient!

I just feel like someone who's paranoid about being stalked...I keep figuratively looking over my shoulder wondering "is it now? Now?? NOW?!"...
Hugs to you too! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it to sound like your situation isn't bad either! I'm just an insensitive bitch today. It definitely sucks not getting ANY symptoms when the rest of us are talking about all the BHs we're getting, losing plugs, etc. We're all at the end of our ropes. I'm sick of this on/off stuff, and you are wishing you would get SOME sign you won't be pregnant forever. Let's trade for a few days! I could stand a quiet uterus for a change, and I'm sure you'd love to feel as though something is happening. I'll send mine air mail!

And as I type I have my iPod on my Hypnotic Childbirth #2 track. Obviously not in hypnosis now, but I can't help but feel my mind is absorbing something while I type! I cheated and started listening to my Birthing Day Affirmations too. Just for a change of pace.
post #26 of 39
I asked my MW about doing blood work for my kidneys or something, and she replied that shes not worried about me having pre-E, but that she DOES consider me to have hypertension and shes worried about it. She ended it with "all we can do is wait and do what we can." Whatever that means, ugh.
I'm just not going to worry about it and try to leave it to the universe until Friday at least (my next apt). I did get a baby hat in the mail to match this sleeper I bought, which I had been looking forward to. They didn't have the hat in the store and my friend found it and bought it for me. So that cheered me up a little. I really think that kind of stuff is what helps me. It sounds corny but it really helps to just find little things that make me happy to cheer up my whole day.
post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1001 View Post
And as I type I have my iPod on my Hypnotic Childbirth #2 track. Obviously not in hypnosis now, but I can't help but feel my mind is absorbing something while I type! I cheated and started listening to my Birthing Day Affirmations too. Just for a change of pace.
I just listened to that one today! Honestly, I'm supposed to be on Week 5 or 6 and I'm still on Week 4, because I'm laaaaazy and undisciplined. It's also hard to find a quiet place to do the exercises during the week-end when DH and DSS are around, constantly playing videogames or just horsing around (we live in a little 2 bedroom apartment). Maybe I'll cheat too and listen to the "forbidden" stuff

Xpcting#3....I've been so lax on my Affirmations, but then again, whenever I think about doing them, the voice pops into my head and I hear "Pregnancy is natural, normal, healthy and safe...for me and my baby". I think I can probably rattle them all off the top of my head.

Funny thing: every time I do the Hypnotic childbirth tracks, whether #1 or #2, I fall asleep midway, and wake up drooling on my pillow. It's real sexy, I know I hope it means it'll be helpful during the birth!
post #28 of 39
Phoenix, I really hope Liberty decides to come out soon. I can't imagine being stuck in the vicious cycle of high BP/worry. Kind of like my hamster wheel from the cleaning thread!

I had an appt this afternoon - still 2cm, a little more effaced, babe's a little further down...so I'm making SOME progress We checked for leaking fluid and the results were inconclusive at this point. Watch and wait! I'm not 'on the clock' or anything yet, which is good.
post #29 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
I just listened to that one today! Honestly, I'm supposed to be on Week 5 or 6 and I'm still on Week 4, because I'm laaaaazy and undisciplined. It's also hard to find a quiet place to do the exercises during the week-end when DH and DSS are around, constantly playing videogames or just horsing around (we live in a little 2 bedroom apartment). Maybe I'll cheat too and listen to the "forbidden" stuff

Xpcting#3....I've been so lax on my Affirmations, but then again, whenever I think about doing them, the voice pops into my head and I hear "Pregnancy is natural, normal, healthy and safe...for me and my baby". I think I can probably rattle them all off the top of my head.

Funny thing: every time I do the Hypnotic childbirth tracks, whether #1 or #2, I fall asleep midway, and wake up drooling on my pillow. It's real sexy, I know I hope it means it'll be helpful during the birth!
I drool too when I do my tracks, but NEVER at any other time! I fall asleep about 3 minutes into EVERY track, no matter what position I'm in. I listen to my iPod ALL NIGHT LONG. I have all my tracks on it (except easy first stage and pushing baby out), since I'm now in maintenance mode, and listen to it from the time I go to bed until I wake up in the morning. It says it's fine if you sleep, so I figure it can't hurt!
post #30 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
I did come across as a bit of a lecture... sorry to say.
^^^ have to agree w/ this. I'm tired, cranky and having a hard time holding it together. I was right there rooting and cheering sarah for her amazing strength and will to be in charge during her difficult situation immediately prior to the birth. However, just as I can't imagine having that as something to deal with, I think it's easy to say that those of us who aren't sleeping, are dog tired and running after other children (some of us), and still have 2-4 wks left, should just be patient.

I totally agree that there's not much you can do to 'rush' a baby who's not ready to come, and that often you shouldn't try. There are some mamas with situations (hi bp) that can result in the same problem as placenta previa, though.

In the case of other mamas, my sense is that hot, humid weather (at least where I am) is not a comfortable place to be at term, and that mamas are looking for ways to help ready and prepare their bodies for when labour does start in the hopes that when labour does start, they have an easier time of it and are able to have the births they desire.

I don't like lectures much, and I think I just gave one right back, so I apologize for that. I'm leaving it up, though, because I firmly believe that there's no need to sit back and do nothing, but within reason you can encourage optimal readiness for when things do get going.
post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Sarah,
Well after Phoenix's post I hope to heck you aren't insinuating her in your post as she DOES have a reason.

As for others... who are you referring to? I don't see people PUSHING their babies to be born??

I did come across as a bit of a lecture... sorry to say.


We all get to choose our choices - babies deserve to be born when THEY choose but there are scheduled cesareans and inductions even before due dates... what would you say to those mamas? I'm not sure there is anything TO say as we can only walk in the shoes given and try to understand someone else's situation...
I must say I took this post in an entirely different way, and feel the need to respond....

I did comment on the post because whether you have a scheduled induction or a cesarean, it is still something that is happening because of baby, right? I mean, many ob's would not just schedule an induction before your due date because you were sick of being pregnant(I say some, not ALL) but anywho, I would say to those mamas, that it is the wisdom of the baby in those cases too. Plus the intuition of the mama, not just because your back hurts or you don't want to be preggo anymore. For those of us(I am totally including myself) who have felt at the end of our ropes and ready to try anything to get the baby out, I think it is important to remember one of our hardest virtues, patience. And when we can give up some of the responsibility we may put on ourselves to get labor started, and share it with the baby, or with special circumstances, we may feel a bit of relief

And BIG HUGS to those mamas who really have a lot of pressure to get labor going for certain circumstances. I am sure it is rediculouslt nerve wracking and frustrating and I wish you peace!

Just my two cents
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Phoenix. And another
and these:

You are in my thoughts and prayers today. Be gentle with yourself... you're making tough decisions and you're doing so with obvious grace. Your daughter and your daughter-to-be are lucky to have such a great Mama!

Bellyrubs to all the mamas who are having a tough day, for any reason.
post #33 of 39
38+4.

For highly personal reasons I really, REALLY do NOT want to have this babe tomorrow (very negative associations with the date), so if anyone cares to send babe stay-put vibes until Wednesday I'd really appreciate them.

Took dd2 to playgroup today w/some of her friends from preschool. It was nice to get out for a bit (weather has finally cooled off and the smoke from the wildfire has cleared). Made plans to get together on Thursday, too.

Otherwise, not much happening. I snuck a shower this morning and we should be allowed to use water normally again sometime tomorrow. That's great, b/c I'm running out of dishes. Sposies and paper plates just feels like more than I could handle right now.

On the up side, brownie mix was on sale and I have delicious dark chocolate brownies calling my name from the kitchen.... I think I'm going to give in soon!
post #34 of 39
Yeah, Sunny, I'm saying there's no reason to negatively-respond to a woman who has an induction or a cesarean just like there is no reason to do the same for a woman who is choosing to do gentle things to get their baby to come for health reasons. That's what I meant.

I think we ALL have the same goal here no matter which side of the coin we are looking at it from. And I don't want to go after Sarah either, it was a good reminder all the same...
post #35 of 39
ill admit to being impatient at 38/5. its a wee bit of a big baby, but mostly its impatience, excitement, and vanity- i feel ugly sometimes with this giant tummy, double chin and sun/hormone blotcihed face. i hear a voice sometimes that tells me -i think its my cancer-rising-mother-nature inner spirit that says: "you are wishing away a day in the life of your 2 year old, you fool." i am not making up the "fool" part either. it keeps me from coming out of my skin from all the crap we all vent about each day. keeps me from expressing colustrum, or bumpy car rides, or letting mw do an internal. im glad shes there to call me names.
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
thanks for checking on me Karen

my numbers really aren't that bad, but I really get the feeling my MW is just waiting for me to risk out. 140/90 is her cut off, even in labor. which is a little frustrating because I've read about other MWs on here who are ok with higher #s, but I can't really blame her I guess, as that IS considered hypertension. I asked her about doing a NST, she said it won't help any because her concern is placenta abruption. Theres not really any test they can do for that, is there? I was really trying not to feel discouraged this morning, but after I emailed her my #s from the weekend (she has me email her every few days), it really just seems like shes lost confidence in me. Maybe I'm just overreading her email.
A big part of my guilt too is that we were on medicaid before this pregnancy, and if I chose to have a hospital birth with an OB it would have been covered 100%. But I wanted a homebirth, so I spent our tax return on it, I put so much money that we really didn't have into this birth, I switched insurances to the one offered through DHs work for the possibility that they might cover half of my MWs fees, even though we can't really afford the 50 dollars that comes out of his check for it. And now I'm likely going to end up in the hospital, with even MORE bills because of Aetna co-pays, and no homebirth despite everything that I sacrificed. I feel really guilty about that. We could have really used that tax return money. I feel like I was selfish I guess.

I'm ready to just throw in the towel and ask for a transfer. I don't want to give up, but it feels like everyone around me has and that it would be less stressful if I just gave up now too. I don't know what to do I guess. I feel pretty lost. I just want someone to step in and tell me what to do.
Oh big s

What I would write to your MW ASAP is that STRESS is a huge contributor to BP. I would tell her that the less often you take your measurements, or even think about them, the better. Most high risk OBs won't even treat BP with meds until it reaches 150/100. All they do until then is monitor with growth scans and NSTs. That is what they did with DS.

Really, I would confront your MW about it, and tell her that you are still comfortable with your numbers and feel like you have gotten close enough to go all the way and that you really NEED her support, not resistance. I think getting it out there will really help you calm down about it.

I KNOW you can do it! I did!

BTW, just don't let her take it during labor. It's not like she is going to make you go to the hospital at that point. If she asks what it is, tell her you haven't had time to take it and don't want to stress out about it.
post #37 of 39
38 + 2

Not much going on here. Feet still hurt, baby seems to be lower and I feel as if I have to waddle or else Noodles will fall out.

DH & I have a stressful week ahead of us due to his work, good vibes and/or prayers our way would be so great.

I hope all of you mama's and mamas to be get foot rubs and shoulder massages this week. You all deserve it!
post #38 of 39
Oh wow, Mamas. I sure didn't mean to set off such a reaction when I posted my "patience" post yesterday. I'm really sorry and let me clarify -- I certainly was not directing it at anyone facing an induction, for goodness' sake!! It was just meant as a reminder that babies will choose their time when they can (inductions may or may not be included here, as you could say that my baby orchestrated an early arrival through ruptured membranes, and then the docs took over with pitocin, but who knows?!).

In any case, I apologize that some of you felt lectured and I realize some of you are at the end of your ropes, so this was not good timing. I'd like to add that I really feel supportive of all of you. I'm rooting for everyone and so excited to read each birth story as it comes along.

Thanks for your honesty and I'm sending out good vibes to all of you.
post #39 of 39
That's sweet Sarah, thanks for clarifying, I figured you probably meant as much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2008